To the owner of the LvL 9 BE Paladin Okazaki

85 Night Elf Druid
Hi,

I put this on here because its been impossible to try to contact you and this is probably a stretch as well. I am currently waiting to transfer to the horde side on Arthas to join my guild before pandaria and wish to keep my current name. I am trying to contact you to see if you would be kind enough to change your name. I realize this would be a pain to delete or change, especially if its a bank toon and I would be willing to compensate you for your troubles if you would contact me to see if you would be willing to do this. My name I'm using on the server is Zarizaki a lvl 1 tauren on arthas at the moment to contact you in game. Thank you for your time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
bump for anyone who might also know this person.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
I'd suggest opening a GM ticket asking for the name. If the account is inactive or the character hasn't been logged into for an extended period of time, they'll free up the name for you. I've had it done for me several times. Good luck :D
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
already tried. Apparently they were active or not in-active long enough to change it. So here I am trying this method.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
free bump/ can always add a special character to the name tho dude
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
This is what i did to get the name 'Kenpo' that was taken, you can submit a ticket and explain to the GM that it is a low level character an in-active, ask politely if he would remove the character with your wished name. I may be wrong, the GM who answered my ticket could have been in a good mood, because in my eyes, it doesn't seem like something Blizzard would do
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I appreciate the bump. I really just really hate special characters in names though. I've also had this name for a long time. Blizzard does free up names if they are inactive and from what I can tell this person is in-active. However, if they've logged in even once in like 5 months or something ridiculous blizzard won't touch it from what i've seen. So I thought I would try to settle it with the player him or herself and make it easier, though I do have a ticket submitted.
Edited by Okazaki on 8/27/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
As far as I'm aware, you can't have two characters of same name, doesn't matter of their faction.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
correct. I stated in my post that I was switching to horde, not alliance.
Reply Quote
wtf you stole my lowbies name
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Xlord would you be the owner of the lvl 9 BE Paladin named Okazaki on the horde side of Arthas?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
bump because it has been awhile and this post became buried.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I thought the druid now had the name Okazaki and that the thread was now useless.
Edited by Hankuley on 9/11/2012 7:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okazaki_fragments

Sorry I couldn't resist. Damn us biology nerds..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
and yeah, i know the meaning behind okazaki, was one of the founding reasons i had the name for so long and wish to keep it on this server.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
09/11/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Okarien
and yeah, i know the meaning behind okazaki, was one of the founding reasons i had the name for so long and wish to keep it on this server.

On another note. Why the heck did you uselessly bumbep this thread?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]