What hunter spec is good for PVP and PVE MOP?

90 Goblin Priest
I just wanted to ask your opinions on what hunter spec is good for PVE and what is good for PVP in MOP?

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Undead Hunter
Currently BM will be the to-go spec for pvp since it has all the control MM had (Silencing Shot + Readiness) and superior burst damage. Along with the fixes to pets doing damage (blink strike, 25 yard range kill command) BM is looking to be the best for pvp.

As for pve I'm unsure, but I'm pretty sure BM is also an extremely solid dps spec at the moment.

So, yay for BM eh?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Thanks!! I also heard about BM as well. So BM it is!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Wait wait wait yes bm for pvp for sure no brainier but go surv for pve because the margin between bm and surv in dps is very very slim, atn surv still best dps Untill mop comes out then bm is good for both pvp and pve
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
08/28/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Havoczqt
Wait wait wait yes bm for pvp for sure no brainier but go surv for pve

Wrong. Currently BM is the best spec for pve. SV is alittle bit behind.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I'll still use MM for pvp and SV for pve. I don't really want to relearn how to play BM again..
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Wrong. Currently BM is the best spec for pve. SV is a little bit behind.

Quite honestly i doesn't really matter what you go, just wait till MoP comes out. I'm sure nobody will be really dps racing for a while
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
I hate bm this makes me very sad
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/28/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Lovesalot
I hate bm this makes me very sad

I felt the same why lil while ago but now i cant wait.
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Rerolling ranger in GW2 brb
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I love BM, cant wait!
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Hunter
I kinda like BM so i wont have a problem with it, I love using all the exotic pets and such... Im also very VERY tired of PvPing in Marksman.... I welcome the change of pace :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
IMO making Silencing Shot and Readiness baseline without at least giving MM equal compensation was a ridiculously lazy move on the devs part.

Please don't get it twisted. BM and SV hunters have lived in the shadow of MM for years and deserve their time to shine. However, once again the devs decided too improve the specs that were lacking by baselining the talents that make our best spec perform on par with other classes.

This may seem good for some hunters but IMO its lazy. Instead of fixing the trash they gave BM/SV and/or giving them something new, powerful and fun, they simply robbed Peter to pay Paul and once again hunters are left with one go to spec (ATM it's BM).

IMO the better move would have been to leave MM core talents as they were n CATA and give both BM/SV something unique and powerful to bring to the fight. This approach could have made all three specs unique and yet all three could still be viable because of the different tools each spec brings to the fight.

Bottom line: I'm happy for hunters who like BM/SV. It's about time you guys get a chance to have fun. As a long time MM hunter I'll be reporting to the Special Victims Unit to get my kit done.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
bm from my owne tests on dummy is best (not tooo far ahead of survival) marks quite a bit behind

PVP Bm hands down the controll and utility is just too good along side the amazing damage
Reply Quote
2 Night Elf Rogue
IMO making Silencing Shot and Readiness baseline without at least giving MM equal compensation was a ridiculously lazy move on the devs part.

Please don't get it twisted. BM and SV hunters have lived in the shadow of MM for years and deserve their time to shine. However, once again the devs decided too improve the specs that were lacking by baselining the talents that make our best spec perform on par with other classes.

This may seem good for some hunters but IMO its lazy. Instead of fixing the trash they gave BM/SV and/or giving them something new, powerful and fun, they simply robbed Peter to pay Paul and once again hunters are left with one go to spec (ATM it's BM).

IMO the better move would have been to leave MM core talents as they were n CATA and give both BM/SV something unique and powerful to bring to the fight. This approach could have made all three specs unique and yet all three could still be viable because of the different tools each spec brings to the fight.

Bottom line: I'm happy for hunters who like BM/SV. It's about time you guys get a chance to have fun. As a long time MM hunter I'll be reporting to the Special Victims Unit to get my kit done.
I don't recall MM being uber deepz for too much of this expansion. Or for the majority of BC.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
So to answer your question BM for both with SV not to far behind for pve
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
08/28/2012 05:48 PMPosted by Spunsugar
I don't recall MM being uber deepz for too much of this expansion. Or for the majority of BC.

I'm a PVP hunter so being "uber deepz" is not really apart of my vocab.

You can quote one line out of my post if you wish but if my memory serves me, MM hunters have always been viable in PVP and back in BC you could not "dual spec" so rolling a second account and taking 6 months to a year to level another spec was pretty much out of the question.

Then we get Wrath and dual spec, but MM is the only viable choice in PVP and PVE. That my friend is Pure Fail 101.

At the start of Cata MM was still leading in both environments until SV was fixed in PVE and even then SV was left totally lacking in PVP. In addition BM lovers were left sitting there with a broken class.

edit: BM with a broken spec (not class).
Edited by Ironrain on 8/28/2012 8:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Did MM get nerfed at some point? Back when I stopped playing my hunter toward the beginning of cata MM was the best PvE spec..
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
MM was not nerfed. SV was fixed so it pulled ahead in PVE (which is not a bad thing) while BM was left out in the cold (sad).

My only concern is giving BM/SV core MM talents while not compensating MM results in the entire class being weaker and/or a one trick pony in both environments.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]