[Bug] Tempest Keep: The eye, Kaelthas bugged

90 Pandaren Hunter
Many threads being made in relation to Kaelthas being bugged, please post your responses here.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
From my thread, I'm having the same problem.

-Mind control being cast on his(Kael'Thas) primary aggro target.
-Nether vapor never despawn.
-Legendary Weapon(Staff) isn't working properly.

I forgot to mention the problem with the staff on my thread, it won't always work.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Fix this garbage please. Alar is unobtainable right now without sheer luck.
Reply Quote
For the nether vapor, you have to run to the back of the room and wait for him to finish casting his beams. After Kael' will run out of the vapor.

It's a pain but until they fix it you have to kite him around.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
For the nether vapor, you have to run to the back of the room and wait for him to finish casting his beams. After Kael' will run out of the vapor.

Pretty sure the nether vapor follows him, since I tried running away and I couldn't avoid that. My solution was, I didn't interrupt his fireballs since I'm ranged.
Reply Quote
he'll cast another one later on but you

Pretty sure the nether vapor follows him, since I tried running away and I couldn't avoid that. My solution was, I didn't interrupt his fireballs since I'm ranged.

The nether beams and the nether vapor are different. He targets you and casts the beams, those don't decrease your max health. After he's done he'll leave the area around the vapor and you'll get a chance to dps before he casts more vapor.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior

The nether beams and the nether vapor are different. He targets you and casts the beams, those don't decrease your max health. After he's done he'll leave the area around the vapor and you'll get a chance to dps before he casts more vapor.

Did you read what I said? Lol. I never mentioned the nether beams, I said the nether vapor will follow Kael'thas, which means if he gets near you, your HP will decrease. And how that can happen? If you interrupt his fireball, he will go melee.
Reply Quote

Did you read what I said? Lol. I never mentioned the nether beams, I said the nether vapor will follow Kael'thas, which means if he gets near you, your HP will decrease. And how that can happen? If you interrupt his fireball, he will go melee.

He casts the nether vapor when he casts gravity lapse. I just did this yesterday dude. I went to the back of the room and the vapor stays where he casts gravity lapse. You can dps him then after he's done with the beat because if you're out of range of his fireballs he'll run to you.
Edited by Macnessa on 8/31/2012 7:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I keep getting MCd, blood worms hurr, I'm getting teleported across the room in phase 3, and the nether vapors don't leave from phase 5, as well as me falling to my death for no reason. Glad blizzard is still a good gaming company owait...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
Tried it tonight with two people...then 3 people...then 5....then 6. All of us got MC'd everytime except the pets. On the 6 man attempt I popped Army and they easily pushed him into the final phase, then MC wore off and we killed him before he could use the vapors. No mount drop, but its unsettling to know that as things are you have to have enough pet damage to kill him regardless of raid size.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
Conspiracy theorists unite!
I'm still convinced that some elitist dude that works at blizzard stealth sabotaged because he didn't want everyone and their mothers flying around on Phoenixes. Phoenixi?
Bah, not like it has a 2% drop rate anyways.

Regardless, there's always a way around somehow. It might take longer, or be more dangerous, but the motto of the soloer is "What Blizzard deems fit for twenty-five people, I vow to kill alone."
I mean, that's a vow, man. You can't just... break a vow? Can you?

Naw, I want my phoenix! D=
Reply Quote
10 Troll Warlock
I went in with a group of friends last night and discovered that not only does KT MC the tank, rather than MC'ing 1-3 players at a time he MC'd 10-11 players. All the MC's he cast seemed to hit all but one player. The first time he did this he left a rogue alone, who quite sensibly vanished, and caused the fight to reset. It would have reset when he got eaten by the rest of the party anyway.

09/02/2012 06:52 AMPosted by Jesqata
Conspiracy theorists unite!

It feels like the result of a bizarre dare- "I can kill KT while everyone else in my raid is mind controlled!"
Someone at Blizzard: "MAKE IT SO!"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Cosmic Infuser procs off of Flash of Light, but not Word of Glory. Made Phase 4 a royal pain to try and manage. Anyone know if Eternal Flame works?

Not experienced much of the other listed issues as they were mostly things not applicable to solo as Paladin, but the Gravity Lapse not working has been on-going since at least 4.3, if not 4.2. Basically just spam jump so you can get in the air the moment you do hit the ground (hopefully with a low ceiling). The Mind-Controlling pets thing was always a risk, hence why I always use my Pit Lord's Destroyer for Phase 5 DPS burns, while using my LFR Gurthalak for Phase 1-3.

Really hope they fix this though, cause right now, all these compounding issues suck.
Edited by Solarus on 9/2/2012 2:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Flash of Light existed during BC, I'm not sure Word of Glory did?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I started Kael runs around 6-8 months ago. He has always taken great joy in repeatedly cratering me in gravity lapse so that is definitely nothing new.

I usually run with a guildie to speed the encounter up as cheesing the layout takes too long for the amount of runs I do each week. I had heard about DKs having MC issues with bloodworms again since 5.0.4 went live. Until 4.3, I just used a spec that did not include the worms but sometime after 4.3, I noticed I could leave them out again with no fear of being MC'd. Alas, I was MC'd almost immediately tonight. I switched to a paladin which was considerably easier thanks to WoG spam returning but it took a helluva lot longer to push him to Phase 5 as prot. Once in, we got him down to around 500k when he suddenly tossed a ton of nethers on me. I stacked to 9 and called that I needed my partner to stop tunneling and toss me heals for the next seven seconds so I could bubble the stacks off. He continued tunneling the boss, I died with 3 seconds left for the bubble CD and we wiped. The nethers did not despawn.

My bubble was on CD only because I threw it up long enough to get out of a disorient. My partner doesn't always keep an eye out for staff proximity so I figured he had been in a bad position. It's possible the staff just flat out failed but that was the only time it did if so.

I've seen Kael do some wild %&$# (including refusing to come down for Phase 5-- just following players around the room until they hearth) but this ridiculous. Not going to fix this raid? Take it out or remove the phoenix so I can stop wasting my time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/02/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Ziarre
Flash of Light existed during BC, I'm not sure Word of Glory did?

Yes, but as of 4.3.4, Word of Glory did trigger it. Was farming him almost weekly with no issue. Now, there is issues.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
Confirm that blood worms are now a mind control target, not sure if this is intended.
Also nether vapor is not despawning.

Might have to take a break from soloing him until 90 : /

It would be nice if blizz would remove that blood worms triggers MC, I prefer to solo as blood. but I can still solo him as frost in blood presence
Reply Quote
We just did this fight successfully today.

We had to LOS the boss during the Mind Control phase so that the entire raid was not MC'd.

When being tossed in the air, I surely fell to the ground and didnt float, but survived the fall.

Once the boss died, the black spheres kept doing their AOE damage, made looting a bit tricky for the ML'er.

Epic Weapons show that they are casting their buffs, but the buffs will appear for a split second and then dissapear.

It's doable, just gotta be sneaky.

EDIT: Also noticed, the bow didnt have the option to summon arrows anymore (Yes I know arrows are not required)
Edited by Grolgan on 9/3/2012 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I can confirm that you can LoS the MC. Very easily done with two players.

I'd still like to get the solo option back though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Well good thing it's only a server restart instead of a maintenance (the week most people would actually prefer a maintenance to fix the raid bugs, lags, whatever junk Blizzard unleashed)....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]