For TG it looks like:

Whirlwind > Heroic Strike > Wild Strike

For SMF:

Heroic Strike > Whirlwind > Wild Strike
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
For TG it looks like:

So, it returns to this. Single target whirlwinds.

/single tear

(I know it'll likely be changed soon.)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
For TG it looks like:

For SMF:

For SMF would BS Wild strike take lead of HS and WW?
Reply Quote
So SMF or Titans grip at this point? SMF has the bigger executes but does TG have the better overall damage?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
For TG it looks like:

For SMF:

Haha oh wow.

I really prioritize HS to fill GCDs over WW/WS? Hilarious.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
For TG it looks like:

For SMF:

Haha oh wow.

I really prioritize HS to fill GCDs over WW/WS? Hilarious.

Sort of.

The HUGE benefit to having heroic strike be more efficient than those 2 is that we can now save more rage for colossus smash, due to HS being off the GCD. It gives you additional control of when you can use that rage, allowing you to use more of your "filler" type abilities, such as heroic throw, dragon roar, battle shout. Or, you can just let the GCD go un-filled, saving the rage for later (Colossus smash.)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Sort of.

The HUGE benefit to having heroic strike be more efficient than those 2 is that we can now save more rage for colossus smash, due to HS being off the GCD. It gives you additional control of when you can use that rage, allowing you to use more of your "filler" type abilities, such as heroic throw, dragon roar, battle shout. Or, you can just let the GCD go un-filled, saving the rage for later (Colossus smash.)

Just got done whacking some dummies.

From it seemed, WW > WS > HS if terms of damage. All pure baseline, no raging wind, no bloodsurge, no nothing. WW hit about 10-12k with no crits, WS about 10-11k, and HS about 8-10k. I'd definitely use WW > WS, but I don't think I'd use HS > WW as a full replacement.

Maybe scaling with buffs and cooldowns and stuff changes this, but for a baseline self-buffed test, this seems the case.

EDIT:
For SMF:

Forgot to read that, apparently. Was referring to TG the whole time.

And from what I've been perusing on the MMO-C forums, WS > WW still holds true for SMF due to the 35% bonus from OH hits.
Edited by Zulrann on 9/23/2012 2:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Sort of.

From it seemed, WW > WS > HS if terms of damage. All pure baseline, no raging wind, no bloodsurge, no nothing. WW hit about 10-12k with no crits, WS about 10-11k, and HS about 8-10k. I'd definitely use WW > WS, but I don't think I'd use HS > WW as a full replacement.

Maybe scaling with buffs and cooldowns and stuff changes this, but for a baseline self-buffed test, this seems the case.

EDIT:
For SMF:

And from what I've been perusing on the MMO-C forums, WS > WW still holds true for SMF due to the 35% bonus from OH hits.

WW and WS were both very very close when I looked at this, so it wouldn't surprise me if either of them were ultimately better. But, I don't think a lot of time should be invested into it if heroic strike is better than both.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Hmm, I wonder if Bloodbath is still the go to ability for lvl 90 after these nerfs. I wonder if Stormbolt will not be more DPS....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/23/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Ochron
Hmm, I wonder if Bloodbath is still the go to ability for lvl 90 after these nerfs. I wonder if Stormbolt will not be more DPS....

Wondering this myself
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/23/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Rtrw

Wondering this myself

God I hope not. Stormbolt is hands down the most boring option for PVE in that tier.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

EDIT:

WW and WS were both very very close when I looked at this, so it wouldn't surprise me if either of them were ultimately better. But, I don't think a lot of time should be invested into it if heroic strike is better than both.

Nah, whirlwind is still better than WS for SMF. Especially when you add in the raging blow glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Warrior
Wild Strike damage has been increased by 18%.
Execute damage has been decreased by 7%.
Mortal Strike damage has been increased by 5%.

Ride the roller coaster.
Edited by Zulrann on 9/25/2012 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is me being surprised.

OH WAIT NO IT'S NOT.

Fully expected the WS change. Basically, we're back to normal for Fury for the most part?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
I apologize if this has already been asked but for fury is the best race pve wise for alli going to be panda or worgen? I know panda will be getting 300 str from food, with worgen though the 1% is 371 rating at 88 (recognize it will go up) and from reading the thread I recognize crit is going to be king so just wanted to ask if keep worgen highest?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

OH WAIT NO IT'S NOT.

This made me smile. Panda Sam makes everything funny.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
When gearing up for raids initially, would it be worth going for straight yellow +crit gems, due to pre-raid gear most likely not having optimal amounts of it inherently, then switching back to str/crit gems where applicable once you get drops?

09/25/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Adiesha
I apologize if this has already been asked but for fury is the best race pve wise for alli going to be panda or worgen? I know panda will be getting 300 str from food, with worgen though the 1% is 371 rating at 88 (recognize it will go up) and from reading the thread I recognize crit is going to be king so just wanted to ask if keep worgen highest?

Pretty sure Worgen is above and beyond the best race for fury, bar none.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

OH WAIT NO IT'S NOT.

Fully expected the WS change. Basically, we're back to normal for Fury for the most part?

Yeah, seems that way. It buffs wild strike just enough to eclipse heroic strike/whirlwind. Raging wind is still a required glyph simply because recklessless glyph sucks, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Wait what? Why the change of opinion on Reck Glyph? Also, how is Raging Wind useful for any fight is a normal WS is better than Whirlwind?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]