Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

90 Orc Warrior
12/07/2012 05:03 PMPosted by William
If you used Recklessness with Skull Banner wouldn't that be a dps increase?

It is. You always delay recklessness 30 seconds to align w/banner + bloodbath + springs/SRM (assuming the boss isn't going to die before those come up again).
Edited by Jalopy on 12/7/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/07/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Jalopy
If you used Recklessness with Skull Banner wouldn't that be a dps increase?

It is. You always delay recklessness 30 seconds to align w/banner + bloodbath + springs/SRM (assuming the boss isn't going to die before those come up again).

Yeah. There are very few times I'll use Reck at 2.5 instead of 3 min.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Okay, I have a question about SimCraft.

How close should your DPS be to your numbers in SimCraft - i.e. how much of a difference can there be before it comes to you doing something wrong? Is within like 5% of the number you get a good range to shoot for?

Simcraft sims me at 104.6k DPS for a Patchwerk style fight and I pulled 113k on H Gara'jal last week which is a complete Patchwerk fight for me since I never go down into the other realm. So, it would seem that I'm actually parsing above where Simcraft says I should be.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/08/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Ochron
Simcraft sims me at 104.6k DPS for a Patchwerk style fight and I pulled 113k on H Gara'jal last week which is a complete Patchwerk fight for me since I never go down into the other realm. So, it would seem that I'm actually parsing above where Simcraft says I should be.

Simcraft says I do like 84.6k or something in a patchwerk fight, and I did 108k or so like a week ago on LFR Gara'jal.

Either we'd best apply to Blood Legion right away or Simcraft is inaccurate for whatever reason.
Edited by Jalopy on 12/8/2012 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
11/27/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Cray
Abelard-yes. There is an absurd amount of screwiness with the BT-global-global-BT sequence. It was not present in 4.3 with BT-filler-BT, nor with arms for MS-filler-filler-MS, and there seems to be absolutely nothing we can do about it. To find the threads, try googling "Warrior GCD issue". It's technically true that the problem results in very little performance difference, as the extra global it looks like is hitting BT after your second attack is not a full one, so you get the same number of BTs off, but it requires a ridiculous ton of spamming that shouldn't be necessary, and timing abilities to make use of coinciding bloodsurge and RB procs while managing optimal CS use is an absolute bugger. GC has said he'll look into it, once, 2 months ago, and as you see it's still here. 5.1 is supposed to "make procs more responsive", but the issue is NOT procs. going naked with no crit, and executing BT-battle shout-heroic throw-BT will STILL clip BT with a false global more often than not. The only thing we can do about it is buy a naga or get used to punching the numbers out of our keyboards every so often.

Ok, I was trying like mad to find someone else who had the same issue, because I was starting to go insane. I already started a separate thread for this (sorry for the spam) but Cray articulates the issue much better than I can. So at least for me this is still happening...are you sure Cray it isn't actually delaying BT? It does seem like it's not a full GCD triggering but it still seems like we're losing .5 seconds or so. Just wanted to confirm others are having this issue and that i'm not insane.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Simcraft says I do like 84.6k or something in a patchwerk fight, and I did 108k or so like a week ago on LFR Gara'jal.

Either we'd best apply to Blood Legion right away or Simcraft is inaccurate for whatever reason.

You know there's a buff on the fight if you go to the spirit realm?

Also you could technically crit like a bunch more than simcraft expects you to reasonably crit, and beat it that way.
Edited by Urve on 12/8/2012 8:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Also you could technically crit like a bunch more than simcraft expects you to reasonably crit, and beat it that way.

Are you implying there's any feasible reason to go downstairs on LFR? The only time I've gone downstairs on LFR Gara'jal was when a spirit totem spawned on top of me.

And since I run simcraft at 50k iterations, I'm sure it has at least a few scenarios where I'm critting out the !@#.
Edited by Jalopy on 12/8/2012 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/08/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Jalopy
Are you implying there's any feasible reason to go downstairs on LFR?

GOTTA STAHP THE BEAST RAID DAMAGE BRAH
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/08/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Urve

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cftgn4lobu68y67l/sum/damageDone/?s=2348&e=2649

You can look for that buff all day long.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Warrior
Uh as a smf fury warrior, what weapon speed should we aim for in both MH and OH?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
I'm consistently the lowest DPS in my raid. My gear isn't that great, but I'm not doing as well as I feel I should be. My reforges are good from what I understand, I'm doing the recommended rotation from this guide, and I'm just...not making it. I'm TG fury, as the only 1h weapons I've got are blues. I don't have any numbers to give at the moment, but is there anything you guys can tell me from my armory about what I'm doing wrong?

Edit: Oops logged out in prot. fixing.
Edited by Kaldreno on 12/9/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Pretty sure Simcraft gives you an average of the number of iterations..
you should be beating that number pretty regularly

If you actually look at the simulation it gives you 3 numbers.
I always assumed it was :
- Lowest result
- average (or maybe median?) result
- highest result.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/08/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Ochron

Do you run a 25m? This could very well change with multiple skull banners/shattering throws.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-cftgn4lobu68y67l/sum/damageDone/?s=2348&e=2649

Spiritual Innervation — When a player's physical body is healed, their soul is energized. Spiritual Enervation takes on different forms based on the target's class and role. The efficacy of Spiritual Enervation is based on the amount of healing done to the physical body.

It doesn't show up on anyone's buff uptimes, it's a mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Spiritual Innervation — When a player's physical body is healed, their soul is energized. Spiritual Enervation takes on different forms based on the target's class and role. The efficacy of Spiritual Enervation is based on the amount of healing done to the physical body.

It doesn't show up on anyone's buff uptimes, it's a mechanic.

Heroic mode also applies a debuff when you exit the spirit realm.

You could have just looked at buffs gained for that.
Edited by Tesh on 12/9/2012 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I'm a bit lost on the usefulness of Heroic Leap that makes it worth a glyph.
We use Charge as the initiator, and we're physical DPS which means we're inside HL's range most of the time, so where is it that Heroic Leap really shines?
Edited by Valistae on 12/9/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Can someone explain the practice of pooling rage for CS a bit more in depth for me? I get that you want to try and make sure you have a fair share of rage saved up to blow abilities during CS, but just when should you start doing it or how exactly do you do it? Do you ignore rage costing abilities when there are 5 seconds left on the cd for CS? I really feel like I just don't perform as well as I should/could, and would like to improve.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/09/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Patri
Can someone explain the practice of pooling rage for CS a bit more in depth for me? I get that you want to try and make sure you have a fair share of rage saved up to blow abilities during CS, but just when should you start doing it or how exactly do you do it? Do you ignore rage costing abilities when there are 5 seconds left on the cd for CS? I really feel like I just don't perform as well as I should/could, and would like to improve.

Pool rage by using stuff like battleshout/heroic throw before a CS and just try not to blow too much rage, if there is a x3 wildstrike proc use that over a raging blow.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm a bit lost on the usefulness of Heroic Leap that makes it worth a glyph.
We use Charge as the initiator, and we're physical DPS which means we're inside HL's range most of the time, so where is it that Heroic Leap really shines?

What I do is shift myself over to one side of the boss without going out of melee swing range then leap to the other side of him as close as I can get. Imo its better for utility>damage but if you don't need it to jump out for fire or something use it on cd

It also goes off of colossus smash so try to use it during that without delaying the CS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]