Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP
08/28/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Progeddso if I am having no problems managing my rage at 100 even during bloodlust, is their any reason for me to actually take Glyph of Unending rage? The only time I ever hit 100 is when i need to pull my dps back for whatever reason.
If you never, ever, ever hit 100 rage as Fury, sure, you can drop it. I like having the extra ceiling personally.
08/28/2012 10:46 PMPosted by FuryfighterAnybody know why did they remove the crit aura ability from fury? ( talent was called Rampage) Only thing I'm sad about... Other then that i am very happy with the buffs back to Fury for pve! :D
Too many buffs/debuffs probably from a warrior in MoP that we didn't need that as well. Weakened Armor, Weakened Blows, Physical Vulnerability, 10% AP, Skull Banner in MoP, Rallying Cry, whatever utility we pick in T3/5. We bring a lot really.
Is maintaining 14-16% hit not going to be a priority compared to the way it is in Cata? Barely holding hit-cap as a dual-wield sounds like it'll rage starve you...at least the way rage used to work it did
not so much anymore since bloodthirst generates rage.
08/28/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Progeddso basically what I'm seeing is if there is ever a situation in a fight where you cap your rage, such as holding back dps on deathwing to wait for tank cooldowns to come back up, the extra 20 that can be used on another GCD, is a bigger dps increase than the other glyphs. okay, it's starting to make sense to me now, but if I'm in a fight where i don't suspect I'll be capping my rage, I may want to take a more appropriate glyph that's better for that situation. I was just confused as to why every single guide I've been reading is telling me to take that glyph.
Another thing to think about is having 20 more rage pooled up for CSmash fun.
Thanks for the guide!
1) If BT and CS are both going to come off cooldown at the same time, should I delay the CS and use BT again, so that my CS can lead into the next BT?
2) Should I always use all three charges of bloodsurge before a new BT? For example, I hit BT, RB + BS proc, I use RB, then finish up all three stacks of BS before BTing again?
3) For right now, would it be worthwhile (in a min/max sense) to trade off all my +str gems for +crit?
4) As I understand, our stat priority is hit/exp @ 7.5% > crit > str > mast > haste > hit. Is any hit beyond 7.5% worth going for? Or should I always prefer crit/str/mast to it?
5) In your CS burst window priority in the first post, you list three usages of HS on top of CS -> BT -> RB/WS -> RB/WS. Is the HS for a "if rage allows" sort of thing, or should I using HS in that window until I'm out of rage (assuming I don't starve myself before BT is back up).
6) Outside of CS burst windows, when is a good time to use DC, and to a larger extent, HS? I'm assuming I should be using HS anytime I'm near capping my bar, correct?
7) Not counting execute phases where we're supposed to line up every cooldown at once, when are the best times for our cooldowns? You already touched on BB being combined with DR + CS burst windows, but what about SB? I'd imagine either at the start of the pull, or during a mechanic that gives you a damage boost, correct? And seeing as Reck is a 5m CD, I'd imagine that's saved solely for execute phase burst (although T14 bonus does make it a 3m...).
8) Shattering Throw should still be used for the raid's benefit on a BL/Hero, or otherwise burn phase, right?
Is maintaining 14-16% hit not going to be a priority compared to the way it is in Cata? Barely holding hit-cap as a dual-wield sounds like it'll rage starve you...at least the way rage used to work it did.
Because every Enrage proc gives you 10 rage and BT gives you 10 rage, rage isn't actually so bad with low hit and raid buffs. We're definitely not in Cata anymore.
08/29/2012 12:22 AMPosted by ArturadelFor the time being, should I use Heroic Vessel over normal Eye of the Unmaking?
Based on the rough numbers in my head, yes.
08/29/2012 12:35 AMPosted by ZulrannFor right now, would it be worth (for min/max ideals) swapping all my +str gems for +crit?
Yes, except for helm and chest.
Given more procs off of BT, no, BT first.
You should use all three charges together, but they should also be the only things you use between BTs if you use them. Using RB + WSx3 delays your BT, so if you can RB + do something else (anything really), use that and save WSx3 for the next BT -> free -> free -> BT cycle.
Hit > haste, and no, don't aim for hit beyond 7.5%. It and haste are our worst stats.
I don't really list a burst window, that's a TL;DR priority for Fury. HS is still as rage allows.
Macro DC to HS, forget about it. It's a terrible CD.
Mostly depends on the fight. Skull Banner should be used with other raid CDs, and Reck should be used at the time where it would most benefit you. At most times, this is when the raid pops Lust and you go to town. Other times, Execute phase.
Again, look at how your raid does the fight and use that as a guideline.
Bloodbath on CD, btw. Every minute you should use that. The only reason you should delay it is if CS is barely on CD, and even then if you can still fit CS + 6sec in that, just use it.
Is that missed time on BT that big? I may just be doing something wrong. Maybe I just don't have the rotation down enough.
Frustrating as hell when everyone else is doing 4.3 levels and above while I sit with the foam noodle weapons.
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.