Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

100 Orc Warrior
02/21/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Ochron
I don't see why they would need to change the 4pc bonus.

Well, a 30s CD Reck would be a little absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/21/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Nodokk
I don't see why they would need to change the 4pc bonus.

That, basically.

Awesome, but absurd.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Collision, where's the incoming change to reck put skull banner and reck in the t15 4p priority? If they're both on 3 minutes, and reck is just 30% crit, then with 4p skull banner is just undeniably stronger, right?
Edited by Horrack on 2/21/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/21/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Samayael

That, basically.

Awesome, but absurd.

What? Why would you ever pick to go Reck and then Banner and not Reck and Banner at the same time? I don't see what you're saying.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
02/21/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Ochron
What? Why would you ever pick to go Reck and then Banner and not Reck and Banner at the same time? I don't see what you're saying.

I'm saying that with the T14 4pc, Reck in 5.2 will have a 30 second CD as it now has a 3min CD baseline (30% crit inc vs 50% inc).

I didn't bring up SB at all. Maybe you're confusing the T15 4pc with the T14 4pc? Or did you mean to quote Horrack, which even with that, you'd stagger them since you'd be crit capping otherwise?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Oh, I'm sorry. For whatever reason I was thinking the Skull Banner 4pc not current 4pc. Derp
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
These are really good changes, excited to see this.

Curious about the implications for our t15 4pc though. The original plan to use Reck and SB separately once obtaining 4 piece so as not to waste crit seems to be out the window now; I assume even with the 4pc we'll be using reck and SB together. I know reck is 30% now instead of 50%, but is there still a chance that would be detrimental to the value of the 4 piece? Collision can probably do this off the top of his head, I can't :(.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
With 5.2 being so close I realize this question is extremely low on the totem pole, if not downright irrelevant, but I have a quick weapons question.

TG with two 510 Starshatters (2/2)

or

SMF with 504 Kilrak (2/2) and 504 Scimitar (2/2)

Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out where to put my VPs for upgrades before 5.2.

Thanks!
Edited by Durgaluurg on 2/22/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman
With 5.2 being so close I realize this question is extremely low on the totem pole, if not downright irrelevant, but I have a quick weapons question.

TG with two 502 Starshatters (0/2)

or

SMF with 504 Kilrak (2/2) and 496 Scimitar (0/2)

Bottom line: I'm trying to figure out where to put my VPs for upgrades before 5.2.

Thanks!
SMF. Gems would push it over, fairly sure.

Sim it to make sure most likely
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your list, but I don't see how the Skullrender Medallion trinket (Helmbreaker for Alliance) relates to Engineering. The only Eng buff I can think of is Synapse Springs, which operates on a separate CD from the trinket.

I haven't played my warrior for a while so still trying to learn the new priorities. Any helpful information would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
With Reck going down to 3 min CD, would it be worth it to take Avatar over BB? Reck, SB, and Avatar every 3 minutes is pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm not very savvy with SimC. :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your list, but I don't see how the Skullrender Medallion trinket (Helmbreaker for Alliance) relates to Engineering. The only Eng buff I can think of is Synapse Springs, which operates on a separate CD from the trinket.

I haven't played my warrior for a while so still trying to learn the new priorities. Any helpful information would be appreciated.

You can't use the trinket with springs at the same time.

Avatar is still a suboptimal talent, remember that 80-90% of the damage you do during colossus smash is yellow damage. Bloodbath increases that damage by 30%, avatar increases all damage by 20%. The extra 8 seconds on avatar aren't very valuable because they aren't going to be overlapping recklessness/colossuss smash anyway. Bloodbath will still be the best talent.

We'll likely use skull banner + reck at the same time every time now. The 20% reduction on crit makes it so we don't go over 100% crit now when using 4 piece banner. There's still a non-insignificant chance that using them separately will end up being better, but I'll have to simcraft it to find out for sure.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

Avatar is still a suboptimal talent, remember that 80-90% of the damage you do during colossus smash is yellow damage. Bloodbath increases that damage by 30%, avatar increases all damage by 20%. The extra 8 seconds on avatar aren't very valuable because they aren't going to be overlapping recklessness/colossuss smash anyway. Bloodbath will still be the best talent.

Gotchya. Thanks.

Still debating whether I should go Arms or Fury in 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
DPS Tuning
- We overshot the mark on DKs and hunters a little, and we think warriors need that Execute nerf after all. All of this may change tomorrow as we look at different situations, so don't overly freak out about anything.

Warrior
- Execute damage -25%.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Shaman

You can't use the trinket with springs at the same time.

We'll likely use skull banner + reck at the same time every time now. The 20% reduction on crit makes it so we don't go over 100% crit now when using 4 piece banner. There's still a non-insignificant chance that using them separately will end up being better, but I'll have to simcraft it to find out for sure.
I'm fairly sure with 4pc T15 you'll be staggering them. You'll softcap BT even with Recklessness, and you'll be edging fairly close (like within 10%?) of hardcapping white swing crits.

Yeah, it'll be up to the sims though. /shrug
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Recklessness – We are going to lower Recklessness to 3 min cooldown, 30% crit (down from 5 min, 50%). We will have to adjust the Glyph of Recklessness and T14 4pc (and probably other mechanics I forgot) to keep them at the same relative power. We’re trying to move away from very long cooldowns, especially those without a lot of visual noise (e.g. a 1 min Army of the Dead would be pretty annoying to see, but Recklessness is pretty chill). It would let Recklessness line up better with Skull Banner (and maybe we would eventually just merge the two buttons), and have the added bonus of reducing warrior burst in PvP while still giving them more frequent use of the CD to avoid that all eggs in one basket feeling.

I found this very interesting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
If only we would see some more love to Bladestorm by reducing its CD to line it up with other CD and talents.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
DPS Tuning
- We overshot the mark on DKs and hunters a little, and we think warriors need that Execute nerf after all. All of this may change tomorrow as we look at different situations, so don't overly freak out about anything.

Warrior
- Execute damage -25%.

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER.

Wait, sorry, that is freaking out. I apologize, GC.

Also, question! I'm going Troll for 5.2 due to my entire raid group deciding to swap all our DPS for Beast Slaying. I've been a goblin since I started playing Warrior, so I never learned how to properly utilize Berserking. When is the right time to use it? It's a 3 minute, so I assume with Reck and SB, but if Lust is also up, do I not want to stack the two, or do they stack?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]