Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

100 Orc Warrior
"Partially reverted the -25% nerf to Execute. It's now -15%. (As mentioned previously, we adjust the meta-gem.)"

Figured they would do that.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Horrack,
what do you think of the build I'm using?
Item lvl 485 and I'm not very happy with my DPS progression.
DPS ranges from 46-65k in LFR is that normal for my gear lvl

Any tips you can recommend would be appreciated.
Edited by Rnr on 2/26/2013 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Horrack,
what do you think of the build I'm using?
Item lvl 485 and I'm not very happy with my DPS progression.
DPS ranges from 46-65k in LFR is that normal for my gear lvl

Any tips you can recommend would be appreciated.

I can try!

Ditch the rigid gems, only socket anything but crit for a bonus worth matching(120 of anything but haste, 60 of either crit or strength.)

Enchant your cloak with crit.

Get rid of the bold gem too.

Look into conquest gear for boots, neck and bracers. The 496 valor trinket is also awesome.

To be awesome at fury, try to build into your reflexes the knowledge that a heroic strike while CS is up beats a wild strike while it's down, for the same rage cost. An enrage effect is easily 30% more damage; CS uptime is 50% more damage. Track these things, line them up, and concentrate your !@#-kicking into burst windows centered around them.

Oh, and valor shoulders+wrists are very, very competitive.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Thank you very much
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
"Execute damage and AP scaling increased by 13%."

Does that mean a straight buff, or does that mean 13% less of a nerf?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
No, it's a 15% nerf. It has an AP coefficient of 255% instead of 300% AP, which is 15% less.

It's a 13% increase over what it was after the 25% nerf, that's where that figure comes from.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Will the new coefficient change the dpr relationship execute has with raging blow in any significant way?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hey Stevie babe, you were talking about how shatter is best used at around 10 seconds into the fight due to that's when people's damage is (for the most part) peaking.

Do you have mathy stuff to back that up? Also, could you whip me up some Simcraft magic showing raid DPS gain/loss related to shatters past one used within the first 10 seconds, or 5 minutes (or greater) into the fight?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/27/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Horrack
Will the new coefficient change the dpr relationship execute has with raging blow in any significant way?

Nah, not particularly. Use all RB procs outside of CS, spam execute inside of CS or when you're over 80~ rage. I'm not a big fan of micromanaging berserker rage, but i'd highly recommend saving zerker rage sub 20% for any colossus smashes that you use that happen to be non-enraged.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Hey Stevie babe, you were talking about how shatter is best used at around 10 seconds into the fight due to that's when people's damage is (for the most part) peaking.

Do you have mathy stuff to back that up? Also, could you whip me up some Simcraft magic showing raid DPS gain/loss related to shatters past one used within the first 10 seconds, or 5 minutes (or greater) into the fight?

I'm going to do a fully comprehensive test on this subject, but it'll take a day or two to put together because running an entire raid of simulations with any reasonable accuracy requires 50k iterations, and that takes hours to run.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
K thx ily.

Also, for the 5+ minute, you can assume it's used pretty much when it's up, outside of bloodlust. Basically I just wanna know if using it willy-nilly after lust/CDs is even worth the time and effort.
Edited by Jalopy on 2/27/2013 9:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
K thx ily.

Also, for the 5+ minute, you can assume it's used pretty much when it's up, outside of bloodlust. Basically I just wanna know if using it willy-nilly after lust/CDs is even worth the time and effort.

Just because this takes forever, be clear on what you want me to test:

1: Normal raid, no shattering throw
2: Normal raid, start off fight with: BT-Shattering Throw-BT-CS(Cooldowns)
3: Normal raid, start off fight with BT----BT-CS(Cooldowns)--Shattering Throw
4: Use shattering throw on CD?

1-3 only use throw once.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
1 would be used as a baseline, regardless, wouldn't it?
2-3 to distinguish which is the highest raid DPS gain and the lowest DPS loss.
4 because I want to know if using a shatter that is not coupled with everyone's cooldowns/lust is even worth it.

So, 1+3+4. You already did 2 a while ago, didn't you? Although that was each class's personal gain, and not the raid as a whole, so up to you.
Edited by Jalopy on 2/28/2013 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
IGNORE, HURR
Edited by Brakthir on 2/28/2013 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Shattering throw !@#$:

http://i.imgur.com/3WAAC8E.png

What do other specs gain/lose from using Shattering Throw at the start with heroism?
Yourself: -600
Windwalker 1H: +200
Windwalker 2H: +200
SMF: +150
TG: +175
Cat: +200
Enhance: +25
BM Hunter: +400
MM Hunter: +300
Sub Rogue: +100
Assassination Rogue: +50
Combat Rogue: +250
DW Frost: +300
2H Frost: +200
SV Hunter: +300
Arms Warrior: +75
Unholy DK: +300
Ret Pally: +130

What about AFTER your CDs, but while heroism is running:
Yourself: -250
1H Monk: -300 (Not sure on monks, this is likely not accurate, so just assume 0 dps gain.)
2H Monk: -300
SMF: +100
TG: +150
Cat: +250
BM Hunter: +400
SV Hunter: +250
MM Hunter: +400
Enhance: +100
Sub Rogue: +75
Assassination Rogue: +50
Combat Rogue: +200
DW Frost: +200
2H Frost: +250
Unholy DK: +325
Ret Pally: +150

Raid DPS is basically the same either way if you ignore the weird monk numbers.

If you have a raid full of hunters it'd be hard to argue that using shattering throw isn't worth it. However, without a doubt, the best time to use it for raid and personal dps is AFTER your cd-stacked colossus smash, as that results in the highest raid and personal dps.

Also, don't use shattering throw outside of heroism as that actually leads to a raid dps loss in comparison to not using it at all. Also, in a 10-man raid, it's very very unlikely that shattering throw will result in a raid dps increase.

At the end of the day, shattering throw is such a small raid dps increase that it's not worth worrying about. It's a 0.3% personal dps increase for the best-case scenario of a hunter, and generally a 0.1% raid dps increase overall.

The morale of the story here is: Yell at your boomkin for <97% dot uptime, or your rogues for not tricksing the arcane mage when they are trading tricks, or your lazy hunters for pre-potting 2-3 seconds earlier than they should, or any other extremely trivial raid dps gain before yelling at a warrior for not using shattering throw.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thanks qt.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Also, latest PTR numbers for simcraft:

http://i.imgur.com/k8q2Pz2.png

Specs are starting to look fairly well balanced now. Take into account that this is a patchwerk fight, and the specs at the top generally lose more dps from moving around/swapping targets than most other specs.
Edited by Collision on 3/1/2013 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Thanks Collision for the info! very helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Hey, better middle of the road than bottom of the pack. Thanks for the info, Collision.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Poor, poor elemental shamans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]