Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

90 Worgen Warrior
old info
Edited by Collision on 5/13/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
Finally got a 1hander off of Tortos.

So this new axe+sha touched or x2 heroic 2/2 starshatters?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Shellsplitter + Kil'rak, especially if it's 2/2 upgraded Kil'rak.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
GDI
Shellsplitter + Kil'rak, especially if it's 2/2 upgraded Kil'rak.

Sadly it isn't, still worth using though?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yeah, should still be. MH weapon is far better than a 510 Starshatter and that's the biggest thing really.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I've been trying to optimize Storm Bolt usage-shut up Jalopy-and it's hurting my head. It seems like at 3 minutes exactly, assuming the user delay on CS and SB beyond their basic cooldowns is the same, the amount of damage SB grants if you save it to only use inside CS is equal to the damage it grants if used on cooldown, meaning it's used in every other CS. For shorter windows of time than 3 minutes, SB does more damage if used in every other CS. Can I get some confirmation/feedback on this? I haven't checked into how things like synapse springs, swordguard embroidery, trinkets, etc, change this breakdown.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Apologies Collision if you or someone else has answered this in the previous few posts, couldn't see anything at a quick glance but I'm dead on my feet and probably missed it.

I assume the tier 14 4pc is the usual "don't break until you have tier 15 4pc," or is the t 15 2pc strong enough to break it?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
SMF w/two 504ilvl weapons and 522 Greatsword of Frozen Hells drops. Since I have a 502 Starshatter in my bags as well do I go to TG?

I'm no good at SimC. Just wondering if this should be an obvious yes/no. I feel like the difference in iLvl would make it a yes until a 522 1-hander drops.

Does the greater MH iLvl difference apply when going from SMH to TG? Should it be an obvious move to TG to utilize the 522 weapon?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Apologies Collision if you or someone else has answered this in the previous few posts, couldn't see anything at a quick glance but I'm dead on my feet and probably missed it.

I assume the tier 14 4pc is the usual "don't break until you have tier 15 4pc," or is the t 15 2pc strong enough to break it?

The t15 2pc is weak, but so is the t14 4pc now. Break it based on either getting t15 4p, or getting at least two offpieces from t15 that are at least 20 ilvls better than the piece you've got. Every tier slot besides chest has a better alternative from a boss accessible on normal; the only reason we don't take them BiS is because they eventually get replaced by 4pc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
My raid leader suggested that I consider SMF for this tier since we're heavy on 2h plate classes (including tanks, although one of the blood DKs may get on his prot warrior alt instead). Are there minor differences in the rotations for SMF vs. TG? I know there were minor differences during Cata with prioritizing bloodsurge procs vs. raging blow ones, but I haven't read of any rotation differences for MoP, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Edited by Pizzathehutt on 3/16/2013 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
My raid leader suggested that I consider SMF for this tier since we're heavy on 2h plate classes (including tanks, although one of the blood DKs may get on his prot warrior alt instead). Are there minor differences in the rotations for SMF vs. TG? I know there were minor differences during Cata with prioritizing bloodsurge procs vs. raging blow ones, but I haven't read of any rotation differences for MoP, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Differences in rotation are pretty much down to talents. Bladestorm is a tiny bit stronger for TG than SMF, and Storm Bolt is much more competitive for TG than SMF. SMF's Dragon Roars and Shockwaves will hit much harder, by comparison, than TG's will. I'm not entirely sure for SMF, but I know for TG that with enough active strength boosts, storm bolt will straight up out-damage execute, not just beat it on DPR.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

The t15 2pc is weak, but so is the t14 4pc now. Break it based on either getting t15 4p, or getting at least two offpieces from t15 that are at least 20 ilvls better than the piece you've got. Every tier slot besides chest has a better alternative from a boss accessible on normal; the only reason we don't take them BiS is because they eventually get replaced by 4pc.
Am I missing something? Because I still find the T14 4piece to be pretty great.

Yes, the Recklessness cooldown change has diminished its effectiveness, but it does allow us to use Recklessness twice as often. During a boss fight I'm able to use Recklessness an extra time before Skull Banner is off the CD because of the T14 4set bonus. I had a chance to roll on the damage chest from Jin but I passed all together because I didn't want to lose that bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Am I missing something? Because I still find the T14 4piece to be pretty great.

Yes, the Recklessness cooldown change has diminished its effectiveness, but it does allow us to use Recklessness twice as often. During a boss fight I'm able to use Recklessness an extra time before Skull Banner is off the CD because of the T14 4set bonus. I had a chance to roll on the damage chest from Jin but I passed all together because I didn't want to lose that bonus.

Pre 5.2, both 2 and 4 T14 set bonuses were worth around 600 strength. After 5.2 with the change to recklessness, 4 piece is only worth 300~ strength. It took a lot of bite out of the bonus due to not lining up with skull banner every time, and that optimal use of recklessness involves using it every 2 minutes, due to the dps increase from lining it up with bloodbath/springs/colossus smash, which wastes 30 seconds of the bonus.

Unless you just happen to have heroic tier in every slot, upgrading to 522 to drop the 4 set is most likely a dps increase.

For comparison, 2 piece T15 is 600 strength and 4 piece T15 is 1200 strength.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I just want to break my 4pc because it's driving me nuts having things not lining up all nice and pretty. Can't wait until Skullbanner/Reck and Bloodbath line up every time :P

But since I'm here talking about it. I know I've read that with the change to Reck it will be better to continue stacking SB+Reck once we get 4pc. But is there ever a point in which we might consider using the Recklessness Glyph to avoid crit capping or just flat out devaluing it?

Just some quick math would put me at 35+30+3+24.28=92.28% and that's only taking the 3% Raid buff into account. By the time I actually get the 4pc I'm sure I'll have even more Crit as well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
Perhaps you should consider some Landsoul coaching.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
It's Hastera, and unfortunately I will be wearing these tusks for a while unless blizzard makes Arcane Torrent give me 100 rage on a 30 second cool-down.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Edited by Durgaluurg on 3/18/2013 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also, non-tier piece? Noticed in the 5.2 arms guide that gloves was the choice, haven't seen anything else on it though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]