Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

90 Orc Warrior
Blah blah banner stacking and then I stopped reading.

Enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
With TG within 2k~ DPS of SMF according to Simcraft (which I assume is accurate, since you're the guy who deals with the action priority list), is there even much of a reason to stay SMF? TG has higher cleave and basically breaks even in single target.

Considering that you will likely kill heroic jin'rokh/tortos 5-10+ times before H Lei Shen, it's not unlikely that you will have 2 thunderforged heroic 1 handers before you get a chance at a 2 hander. Then you have to hope that 2 hander is thunderforged. The other 2 handers are no where near as good as that one.

If you just happen to get super lucky, then yes, TG will be better for council/tortos/megeara, but SMF is still better/equal for most of the other fights. Those AoE numbers I ran a few pages ago assume constant cleaving/aoeing, which no fight has at the moment other than Tortos.

I'll have to re-run the aoe numbers again anyway, because I made some changes to the profiles a week ago. I doubt SMF will suddenly be better, but it might catch up a little.

Horrack, if you have two warriors the 2nd warrior will simply delay banner for the 2nd colossus smash. The 2nd warrior will use ALL cds on the first CS, then just bnaner on the 2nd. Then, when the next set of 3 minute cds come up, just delay them 20 seconds to re-sync with banner again.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Horrack, if you have two warriors the 2nd warrior will simply delay banner for the 2nd colossus smash. The 2nd warrior will use ALL cds on the first CS, then just bnaner on the 2nd. Then, when the next set of 3 minute cds come up, just delay them 20 seconds to re-sync with banner again.

Does the benefit of 10 more seconds of banner drop off as the opening raid burst fades such that with 3 warriors, only one of them is best off delaying his banner? IE warriors one and three both open as though they're the only warriors, and warrior two uses banner with the second CS?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Also, the numbers you ran on BiS w/ 4pc versus near-BiS with only 2piece, further versus near-BiS with no tier pieces-do you think that would come out at all differently for TG than SMF, patchwerk? Does 4pc cost TG more in terms of stat value than it costs SMF?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Thanks cutie pie.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Can someone clearly state the TG rotation for me(if its any different from SMF), both single target and for cleaving please.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The rotations are the same.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
well, not quite. I haven't been TG in a while but don't you dump with WW instead of WS as TG?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Can someone pls help me with my dps. I just switched from arms to fury. my dps went from 130-150k to now 90k. If there is any advice for me illl really appreciate it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
well, not quite. I haven't been TG in a while but don't you dump with WW instead of WS as TG?

No, you shouldn't. They fixed that awhile back. That used to be like that, and only with the glyph, but it hasn't been like that for awhile.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

^
Ya, I saw that somewhere that's why I asked.

I also had another question in relation to the bloodbath duration. Is it wise to continue dumping rage after the colossus smash debuff is over, while within bloodbath duration or should go back to rage building for the next colossus smash even while bloodbath is still up.

Next question, should you pop bloodbath as soon as it is up, or always line it up with a colossus smash?

Last question, on what fights in tot normals does bladestorm trump dragon's roar(if any)?
Edited by Greatemperor on 4/20/2013 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Since I'm too lazy to wait until you're online again, Collision, do me a favor and rip through these logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0k4o3vfoevt4jsyn/details/11/?s=10230&e=10728

What the hell is this guy doing to maintain a 97% uptime on enrage? It's not the first time I've seen his put up %s that high, so it's not just luck.
Edited by Jalopy on 4/21/2013 4:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
From a cursory glance at his, it really just seems that he gets very consistent BT crits. He also seems to prioritize it more than you do. Looking at the Twin Consorts normal from the 8th for both of you, your kill was 7:38 long and you had 85 BTs in total with 65.88% of them critting. For him, he had 101 BTs in 8:16 with 78.21% of his critting. In those 38 seconds of difference between the kills, he should have gotten off roughly 8 more BTs than you, but he ends up with 16 more. They're also just critting more often, so he's getting a tad lucky there.

Looking at his most recent Twins kill (from a week ago), his kill was 6:51 long and he had 84 BTs in that span with 86.9% of them critting. He had one less BT in a kill that's faster by 46 seconds.

That's the biggest difference I see off the bat. More BTs + slightly higher crit chance = more chances at an Enrage proc per minute which should equal more Enrage uptime. There is a slight luck element since at most he'll have 2% more crit than you, though that gap is doubled when BT's auto-crit is taken into account.
Edited by Samayael on 4/21/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
At first I thought he might be using BT during CS inside execute phase to get the extra BT's, but after looking at the log that isn't the case. Seems a little strange to me. I didn't check, but obviously BR usage could play a role; is he using it for enrage uptime, or for RB's during CS?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Since I'm too lazy to wait until you're online again, Collision, do me a favor and rip through these logs.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0k4o3vfoevt4jsyn/details/11/?s=10230&e=10728

What the hell is this guy doing to maintain a 97% uptime on enrage? It's not the first time I've seen his put up %s that high, so it's not just luck.

I don't have time to look at it atm, but it's probably just dumb luck and more crit. Just because it happens two or three times doesn't mean it still can't be dumb luck. Enrage uptime isn't a very useful statistic anyway, I wish there were an easy way to see enrage uptime during colossus smash as that is far more useful.
Edited by Collision on 4/22/2013 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I don't have time to look at it atm, but it's probably just dumb luck and more crit. Just because it happens two or three times doesn't mean it still can't be dumb luck. Enrage uptime isn't a very useful statistic anyway, I wish there were an easy way to see enrage uptime during colossus smash as that is far more useful.

It's not just blind luck and he's pretty consistently over 90% Enrage uptime. The only thing I saw is that he just hits BT much more consistently. That's the biggest thing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The big time where I 'controversially' delay BT is when both CS and BT are up, I hit CS.

Other than that, the only time really delay a BT is w/2 RB or inside a CS w/execute. Or rage-cappy times with execute.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3220-Patch-5-3-PTR-Notes-Update-Level-86-to-90-XP-Reduced-by-33

The following trinkets have on-use effects reduced by 33%, but have a 100% increase to duration when used in a Battleground or Arena.
Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun

This is for specifically when these proc in an arena/battleground, right? No PVE change?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Wouldn't it need to be on-use first?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well none of the listed trinkets were on-use. (nevermind, 1 was).

Also, why do I keep seeing people using shoulders as their current off-piece? Are they just imitating Landsoul?
Edited by Jalopy on 4/22/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]