Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

(Sticky)

90 Orc Warrior
Is it possible to work up a rule of thumb for ilvl of offpieces/main pieces vs tier pieces? X many pieces of tforge means ___?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
1: When ALL TF-H gear is taken into consideration, for SMF, no tier is the best tier. Completely filling out your slots with 541 is better than using 4 piece, and is only marginally better than 2 piece (50-100 dps.) I honestly didn't see this happening due to how strong 4 piece is by itself, but the crappy itemization and additional ilevels outweigh it.

Am I reading this correctly....are you saying that completely ignoring tier is the way to go?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
If you can get full H TF gear, yes, no tier is best. That's what it says.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8569108324

Interesting. I made that case a while back and got some grief
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Collision had your back bro. You win internet points.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yes! I love internet brownie points!

I appreciate the work you guys put in btw. Good stuff here boys and girls.

TLDR....damn I wish we had an immunity other than crappy DBTS. You guys read method's interview on manaflask about warriors only being good for skull banner in current progression? Made me sad bro.
Edited by Orczz on 4/23/2013 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Quick hits just so Jalopy spends all day wanting to pester me but not being able to because I'm not online.

1: When ALL TF-H gear is taken into consideration, for SMF, no tier is the best tier. Completely filling out your slots with 541 is better than using 4 piece, and is only marginally better than 2 piece (50-100 dps.) I honestly didn't see this happening due to how strong 4 piece is by itself, but the crappy itemization and additional ilevels outweigh it.
2: However, for TG, 2 piece tier (Shoulders/Pants) will be optimal because Mastery becomes a better stat than crit somewhere between 35-40% crit, and the 2-hander has no hit/expertise on it, which doesn't send us way overcap on hit. I'm running sims right now that will probably take all day to run to find out where the exact point of inflection is.
3: TG and SMF are dead-even on dps.

Neat.

Better start acquiring H/H TF off-pieces for later this tier. You say that when ALL gear is H TF it's better, does that mean even if 1 isn't better, then it's not worth doing?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yes! I love internet brownie points!

I appreciate the work you guys put in btw. Good stuff here boys and girls.

TLDR....damn I wish we had an immunity other than crappy DBTS. You guys read method's interview on manaflask about warriors only being good for skull banner in current progression? Made me sad bro.

Yeeeeah. We're the manliest glass cannons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Hey! I have a question about using Recklessness with our 4 piece this tier. It appears that it does not stack with the crit from Skull Banner, so what's going to be the best way to use Reck? Should I just be hitting Reck once SB runs out? Would it be better to save Reck until Bloodbath is up again?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Reck only adds critical strike chance to special attacks, not auto-attacks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
All right, so it's still beneficial to pop Reck with SB?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Thanks! I forgot the crit from Reck doesn't show up on your character pane and assumed it just didn't stack when my crit didn't go above 70%. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
hi there like all the info i feel that i m alittle short on dps im hitting between 75-80k but think i should b closer to 90-100k is my thinking off.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
blah blah old information
Edited by Collision on 4/29/2013 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
So, if you have 4 535 tier pieces, do you -need- at least 2 541 offpieces to justify replacing them?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
So, if you have 4 535 tier pieces, do you -need- at least 2 541 offpieces to justify replacing them?

If you have 4 535 tier, replacing any non-shoulder/pants tier can be done with 2 pieces of 541 gear. Replacing shoulders/pants will pretty much require you to go 0 set.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This is actually bigger than a lot of people think. I know it is a bit early (assuming gear will be decently itemized for us), but looking into Siege of Org:

think of all the new items you will get in siege of org that you can now mindlessly replace without fear of breaking your 4 piece. If you go with the TF set, which seems to be completely possible in a 25 man environment, basically any upgrade can be instantly put in with siege gear (assuming they scale siege similarly to how they did ToT vs 5.0)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Question for Normal T15. What 4 set gear I should be focusing on and what Tier I should be ignoring?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Helm as off-piece.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]