Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

90 Worgen Warrior
05/05/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Daunt
Well, the reason I hadn't considered it was because for the most part I ignore the 2 piece bonus. It's just one of those nice things that happen occasionally, and it's really difficult to plan around RPPM procs. I just delay bloodthirst 1 gcd if I get 2 stacks of RB due to that proc.

I was wondering-what if you have this situation, potentially, but it's by BR usage? 2 GCDs left inside a CS, you RB once, and you can then either BT, or you can BR and then RB. What do you do? Does this change with whether or not using BT for a crit will give you just enough rage for a HS you otherwise couldn't land?

You have to consider, what is the purpose of Bloodthirsting on cooldown? It's for RB charges and enrage, primarily. When are those RB charges most valuable? Inside of a CS window. If you have the potential to fit a third RB inside of a CS window by using BR then you do it. Even if it means delaying Bloodthirst. At least, that's my educated guess.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
05/06/2013 08:25 AMPosted by Bladeletters

I was wondering-what if you have this situation, potentially, but it's by BR usage? 2 GCDs left inside a CS, you RB once, and you can then either BT, or you can BR and then RB. What do you do? Does this change with whether or not using BT for a crit will give you just enough rage for a HS you otherwise couldn't land?

You have to consider, what is the purpose of Bloodthirsting on cooldown? It's for RB charges and enrage, primarily. When are those RB charges most valuable? Inside of a CS window. If you have the potential to fit a third RB inside of a CS window by using BR then you do it. Even if it means delaying Bloodthirst. At least, that's my educated guess.

That's the whole point of b.rage, besides maintaining enrage during CS-4xEx.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Indeed the purpose of BT is whats bothering me. I personally think BT does 4 things:
low damage rage gen
enrage on crit
raging blow stack
applies deep wounds

As for the final global on CS debuff. I think a BR+RB definitely beats a BT + HS.

I personally think the times for BT being a prio can be listed in an easy fashion:
1) Every single time while CS is on cd but not if you have 2 RB's.( i also personally think stopping yourself from overcapping with an execute gcd prolonging BT usage as opposed to HS+BT also is the best way to go)
2) Within CS debuff if you have only 1 RB stack( I personally think you can switch prio to the 1 stack RB if your high enough rage going into the CS debuff)
3) Within CS debuff if your enrage falls off or really close to falling off
Edited by Greatemperor on 5/6/2013 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I do not know why, but I keep trying fury and go back to arms after one lfr. I was doing only about 40Kish deeps in fury spec and in arms I have seen 50K/60K. I have NO idea what the difference is other then that I have played arms for dps pretty much the whole time I have played wow. My gear is not that wonderful I know but its really weird that the numbers are so drastically different. Any Idea whats up with that?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Whoops didn't mean to bump this.
Edited by Jalopy on 5/8/2013 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I do not know why, but I keep trying fury and go back to arms after one lfr. I was doing only about 40Kish deeps in fury spec and in arms I have seen 50K/60K. I have NO idea what the difference is other then that I have played arms for dps pretty much the whole time I have played wow. My gear is not that wonderful I know but its really weird that the numbers are so drastically different. Any Idea whats up with that?

You're not gemming consistently, and for fury every two crit gems is another 2% chance for BT to crit, so that'll hurt fury more than it would arms. Other than that, it's probably just that arms has a lower skill floor than fury. You have to invest more effort in fury both to learn and as you play it, to get competitive results.
Reply Quote
SO basically just stack crit? I followed the guild and mostly I have my socket bonus taken care of correctly as far as I can tell. I know I must need more of it because my RB was not proccing with a shiz.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm not sure about Arms and socket bonuses, but for Fury your gemming is wrong. Yellow sockets should be straight crit, as should any prismatics you have (belt buckle mostly). For worthwhile red sockets, expertise/crit gems or str/crit gems depending on how much expertise you have (if you're a fair bit over the exp cap and can't get lower, str/crit). Worthwhile blue sockets should be crit/hit, not str/hit.
Reply Quote
thanks sammy! Will give it another go someday when I have time to play.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Collision my darling.

What is the true off-piece for SMF. Assuming both with and without Ra-den in your BIS.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm the best reader in the world, honest!
But sometimes I ask big brother if I'm pronouncing the words correctly, just to make sure.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
deleted.
Edited by Orczz on 5/9/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Collision my darling.

What is the true off-piece for SMF. Assuming both with and without Ra-den in your BIS.

Dark Animus helm regardless of whether or not you have killed ra-den.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Collision my darling.

Dark Animus helm regardless of whether or not you have killed ra-den.

OH SNAP OH SNAP OH SNAP
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm the best reader in the world, honest!
But sometimes I ask big brother if I'm pronouncing the words correctly, just to make sure.

u wot
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
k, im back into the swing of things with fury and i have a couple questions

I should be delaying CS to make sure i go into it with 1 stack of RB yes?
At how much time left on CS cd should I stop using my RB stacks?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Jalopy, how is your dps holding up compared to the raid? Trying to get a real world look at the higher i level raids (we all know that the top 25 in logs normally did something to cheese the encounter or inflate their personal numbers)
Edited by Orczz on 5/9/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You shouldn't reach this point in the first place without terrible luck.
Whenever you hit 2 stacks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
k, im back into the swing of things with fury and i have a couple questions

I should be delaying CS to make sure i go into it with 1 stack of RB yes?
At how much time left on CS cd should I stop using my RB stacks?

If you have to. It should be possible to roll an RB charge to every CS, most of the time, but it's governed a little bit by RNG. Just try to sit on one, and RB when you get a second.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Jalopy, how is your dps holding up compared to the raid? Trying to get a real world look at the higher i level raids (we all know that the top 25 in logs normally did something to cheese the encounter or inflate their personal numbers)

if we all know that then we all know that jalopy is entirely composed of cheese
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]