Fury of Pandaria: PvE Fury in MoP

90 Worgen Warrior
Sorry I've done some searching but I can't find a direct answer on what the actual crit cap is for fury? Do we know this figure? Thanks your help is greatly appreciated!

There isn't really a "cap" on it, it's still a really good stat even when we hit the "crit-cap", it's more of a soft-cap. Somewhere around 45% raid buffed crit, mastery will become a better stat than crit. TG can get near this point atm in BIS gear with the gaze trinket, but SMF will not reach it until next tier.
Reply Quote
14 Night Elf Druid
There's only really a softcap on crit for Bloodthirst, which is like 51-52% after boss crit suppression, but like Collision said it starts losing value before then anyway.

Crit's value is like an exponential curve that plateaus off - obviously the more you get at low levels of crit, the better and better it is.

More crit past 100% BT crit will still make RB, Colossus Smash, Wild Strike crit more which is still pretty important - it's why you stack 4pc Banner + Reck even though you'll go way over the soft crit cap on BT. You'll end up bursting way higher.
Edited by Kangarooster on 5/13/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
your opener seems a bit strange, Daunt. I understand the desire to use Roar while you have a bunch of trinket procs (although these aren't always entirely predictable) but it looks like you use Roar under Reck, which feels like a waste. Hard to say if that waste of the extra crit chance outweighs lining up with trinkets ideally. I tend to go (after the intial BT, GCD, GCD, BT) macro of Bath/Bfury/Springs, SB, and then Roar, RB, Reck/BT, CS, etc.

Daunt's explanation is pretty much my same opener. Seen better results this way by lining up stack 10 of feather + DR + BB + banner. You can easily reach 500k+
Edited by Awkilles on 5/14/2013 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
10 of feather + DR + BB + banner. You can easily reach 500k+

This is doable most of the time the way I listed(not sure which way you're agreeing with), but if you go for banner, then roar, first, expecting to roar with 10 stacks of feather means you're planning not to have feather for your CS burst after it, which is no bueno.
E: Ah, sorry there Awkilles. I get what you mean.
Edited by Daunt on 5/14/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
I guess it could be confusing. I'm agreeing with you daunt, I burst and use DR at the 10th stack of feather while banner + BB + other !@#$ still up. And yea it's easy to accomplish.
Edited by Awkilles on 5/14/2013 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For TG, is Bladestorm better than Dragon Roar for single target?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
For TG, is Bladestorm better than Dragon Roar for single target?

Nope, Dragon Roar is still king for maximum single target dps and Bladestorm is still only used for fights which have burst AoE intervals every 90s or so.
Reply Quote
Ok cool since I am loving the roar. SMF > TG for lower levels anyway, some reason even the weapon % attacks deal more damage as SMF for low levels that is
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Fury has alot of "holding" behavior going on which clusters the UI with tellmewhen icons and the like.
Example: my Tellmewhen can have icons telling me my bloodsurge buff is up,and I have one stack of raging blow. I have may to keep these things delayed or on hold due to how our rotation plays out.

With this style of addon you can keep your view on mechanics and the environment while the corner of your eye registers that CS or BT is up and you can do your thing.

So to the question: Is anyone familiar with SkeenCore3 fury warrior plugin, is it any good,it does seem frequently updated so I was wondering?

P.S.:Why haven't I tried it myself? Because addons usually take a lot of time to set up and get working to your liking. It is possible that someone has tried it before me and can give me a heads up.

I used to use NeedToKnow for tracking a few things, which I believe is similar to TellMeWhen. But nowadays, I just use WeakAuras for pretty much everything. Here's a post I made last week in another thread asking for some warrior WA tips. Since, reading between the lines, it seems you're looking for solutions as much as whether that one mod is worth using specifically.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8729064588#12

The primary things of interest are the CS and BR over-icon graphics for tracking smash and enrage, respectively, as well as the timer and 2-stack indicator for RB. The rest is helpful, but auxiliary to those three.

And your note about Bloodsurge brings to mind the fact that I do very much like Blizzard's default action button UI for a lot of things nowadays, as a foundation to build on at least. Bloodsurge is one of those cases where the blizUI handles it very well - with the highlit border and the # of charges showing right on the button (Raging Blow however, doesn't show the # of charges, which leads to -->). I've become a huge fan of intersecting the bliz action buttons with WeakAuras to get the best of both worlds, as well as a few "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" results.
Edited by Tengaaris on 5/15/2013 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
So, I just picked up my heroic Fabled Feather. Never had the LFR or Normal version, so unsure how best to utilize it. I assume if it procs on pull, I delay my burst, but how long? And does it affect my rotation later on when it procs, or do I just keep things as usual?

Thanks, in advance.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
The only time I delay anything is on the pull, I'll use two bloodthirsts then all of my CDS. Typically the feather is around 3 stacks when I start, and around 8-9 stacks when I use Dragon Roar (Can't use it at 10 because skull banner fades before.)

After that, it's not worthwhile delaying cds unless it's for recklessness execute.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Thanks a ton, Collision!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
so whats the normal BiS for fury warriors? i apologize if it's already been stated in the thread i would lose my mind having to wade through all those pages
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
The only time I delay anything is on the pull, I'll use two bloodthirsts then all of my CDS. Typically the feather is around 3 stacks when I start, and around 8-9 stacks when I use Dragon Roar (Can't use it at 10 because skull banner fades before.)

After that, it's not worthwhile delaying cds unless it's for recklessness execute.

On Jinrok heroic, execute phase, if it's going to be greater than 24 seconds until boss dies, and feather has proced, I normally wait a few extra GCDs to pop CDs to get feather higher. Again, very rare case.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
so whats the normal BiS for fury warriors? i apologize if it's already been stated in the thread i would lose my mind having to wade through all those pages

Helmet off Dark Animus, 4p, boots off twins, feather/gaze, and best weapons you can get. Necklace off turtle, ring off primordius and magera. Cloak off Primordius. Valor belt if you aren't going to be killing heroic Jinrok. Either crit or mastery bracers if they drop, or the valor bracers.

IIRC this is all correct.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
05/17/2013 10:13 PMPosted by Darkfriend

Helmet off Dark Animus, 4p, boots off twins, feather/gaze, and best weapons you can get. Necklace off turtle, ring off primordius and magera. Cloak off Primordius. Valor belt if you aren't going to be killing heroic Jinrok. Either crit or mastery bracers if they drop, or the valor bracers.

IIRC this is all correct.

thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Necklace off turtle

I'd bet money that if you're using any weapons with hit, crit/mastery neck from council becomes better. Also, if mastery bracers are better than valor ones, A: so are expertise bracers, unless you're still stuck with brutal talisman/expertise'd out the gills elsewhere, and B: it's a very narrow gap.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
1037 + (712 * .79) + (657 * .73) = 2079.09
957 + (291 * .47) + (1068 * .79) + (194 * .73) = 2079.11

Based off weights from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412422422?page=83#1654

For SMF, it truly does not matter. TG has Talisman > Amulet.

1037 + (712 * .83) + (657 * .83) = 2173.27
957 + (291 * .48) + (1068 * .83) + (194 * .83) = 2144.14

If you wanna "future proof" for TG, just go Talisman.

E: Oh you guys are talking about normal mode shenanigans.
Edited by Jalopy on 5/18/2013 2:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Generally, if you're overcap on hit and have either 4 piece or the legendary meta, the necklace off council will be better.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
1037 + (712 * .79) + (657 * .73) = 2079.09
957 + (291 * .47) + (1068 * .79) + (194 * .73) = 2079.11

Based off weights from http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6412422422?page=83#1654

For SMF, it truly does not matter. TG has Talisman > Amulet.

1037 + (712 * .83) + (657 * .83) = 2173.27
957 + (291 * .48) + (1068 * .83) + (194 * .83) = 2144.14

If you wanna "future proof" for TG, just go Talisman.

E: Oh you guys are talking about normal mode shenanigans.

Look at you, doing your own math. That's adorable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]