How to get to silverpine frst from Stormwind?

37 Dwarf Shaman
I just accepted a quest that requires me to go to Shadowfang keep in Silverpine Forest. How do i get to Silverpine Forest from Stormwind? I'm new so i don't know my way around..
Reply Quote
77 Orc Hunter
It's the level 20 class quest in a dungeon.
Use the dungeon finder to queue for Shadowfang Keep and run it with the dungeon group. You can't solo it at your level.

The dungeon finder tool will teleport you to/from SFK.
Edited by Nok on 8/25/2012 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
13 Human Paladin
I hope you can still help, I'm now on this quest and I am in the Dungeon Finder Queue, does this mean I have to wait for something? And when/how does it teleport me?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yep. That's pretty much the idea behind a queue.

The dungeon finder looks at all of the players queued and waits until there is one tank, one healer, and three DPS to enter the dungeon. Depending on what role you signed up for and what's needed, it can be a fairly quick wait or it can take some time. If you hover your mouse over the green eyeball icon next to your minimap on the upper right of your screen, you will see how long the program expects the wait time for you to be.

As soon as the dungeon finder has all five members of the group and they have all accepted, it will teleport everybody into the instance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
take flight path to cold wind thats as close ad you can get the rest of the way will be by ground mount
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
take flight path to cold wind thats as close ad you can get the rest of the way will be by ground mount

I'm guessing you mean Chillwind Camp in Western Plaguelands, and that's only an option now if the FP has already been learned.

Extremely bad advice though for Alliance who can just queue for it in the Dungeon Finder.
Reply Quote
56 Human Rogue
Man...I just read this forum while I'm already take a solo journey through wetland - <forgot the name> harbour near wetland then i've swim (planning to go to guilneass) but I take a rest for a while. I dunno if its possible or not, but I already on it. Because this is the most possible way for low level rogue.

Please comment on my plan,, I dont wanna die too soon...lol
Reply Quote
56 Human Rogue
Guys, u know what...
Yeah, I did it,, I finally get into the shadowfang keep.

The only left problem is there too much undead inside the small dungeon. 5 cursed undead enough to make a barrier to the next room. I still figure it out.

What I always keep in mind that since this quest was also have been given to those 'normal' realm, which mean solo player (while u can also use the dungeon finder tool). So the design must be possible for solo player.

Have a try.
Reply Quote
Did you actually read the thread? It's a dungeon quest, meant to be done with a group, and you can use the Dungeon Finder tool to join a group inside the dungeon without having to travel. Server type and character class are irrelevant, it's the same for all players.

FWIW that dungeon in particular is very hard to solo at low levels, and requires a lot of knowledge and preparation. Certain classes can have a somewhat easier time, but dungeons in general aren't meant to be done solo at-level, and frankly by the time you're able to beat Commander Springvale by yourself, you'll be long past the need for the gear.
Edited by Jakjak on 12/20/2013 6:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
56 Human Rogue
Did you actually read the thread? It's a dungeon quest, meant to be done with a group, and you can use the Dungeon Finder tool to join a group inside the dungeon without having to travel. Server type and character class are irrelevant, it's the same for all players.

FWIW that dungeon in particular is very hard to solo at low levels, and requires a lot of knowledge and preparation. Certain classes can have a somewhat easier time, but dungeons in general aren't meant to be done solo at-level, and frankly by the time you're able to beat Commander Springvale by yourself, you'll be long past the need for the gear.

You right, i give up,, I'm so stupid man,, finally I took dungeon finder, then the last problem is, I still have to struggle a little bit to go back to Stormwind..so stupid man. I can stop laughing to my self lol
Reply Quote
No biggie, part of the fun in Azeroth being so huge is there's a lot to explore. Hearthstone should get you back somewhere close too. If you can make your way to northeastern Hillsbrad to Strahnbrad (just watch out for the Forsaken camps, everything else is reasonably safe at that level, even friendly), follow the road east, then take a left to reach Chillwind Camp in Western Plaguelands. That may connect to someplace south, like Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands, or even Ironforge, which will then be just a tram ride to Stormwind.
Reply Quote
53 Night Elf Hunter
Can anyone still help me? Lol. I'd love to just queue up for Shadowfang dungeon and get my quest done, but for some reason it's not on my list for specific dungeons.. Am I missing something or am I just dumb.
Reply Quote
You've out-leveled it. Dungeons are only available for specific level ranges, so as you level up, new ones will become available, and older ones drop off the list.

Someone in your guild may be willing to run you through it, or you can head to Desolace at 30 where a much better weapon will be rewarded by one of the early quests there. The Hero's Call board back in Darnassus should have a breadcrumb quest to Nigel's Point either now, or when you hit 30.
Reply Quote
32 Draenei Paladin
08/25/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Nok
It's the level 20 class quest in a dungeon.
Use the dungeon finder to queue for Shadowfang Keep and run it with the dungeon group. You can't solo it at your level.

The dungeon finder tool will teleport you to/from SFK.

But I can't find shadowfang keep on my Dungeon finder what do I do?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]