< Cow on Duty > Beware of this Guild

90 Draenei Shaman
http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/08/ghostcrawler-plays-a-mage/
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
Aha nice
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hello I am from Cow on Duty. As you all know there is always drama in guilds and those who say there isn't well they are simply not telling the truth. I have been in the guild for a while and I haven't seen as much drama as I have in the past few weeks there has been a lot of tension and arguing people trying to say who is better then who etc. It is so easy to get yourself all caught up in that mess and fall into the drama. My GM says his mind and many people including myself have hard time with that but he does it for good reason to make our raid group progress as a whole. In the case of the above posting party he was talking inappropriatly of a sexual nature in guild chat and got warned more than once in which after the final warning he chose to leave he was not kicked. I believe if he was in another guild talking like that he would have been kicked on the spot. As for rolling on the mount there is no reason that non-guildy would have been able to roll on it so instead of having hard feelings we decided not to mention it. I don't know of any guild that would allow it non-guild members to roll on a mount drop. The posting party was right there with them he was an officer too and everyone agreed. He was ok with loot rules as an officer, but as soon as he left the guild he suddenly had an issue with it among other things, Go figure. It was a guild run and we had 2 people in the raid with, that were guests. They were unable to roll on essences and disenchanted gear also. There are many guilds that do this and it is common knowledge. If people don't think that it is fair then they shouldn't join a guild run. I feel that this post was made by a person who is trying to be something they are not. So I feel it is unfair to be posting anything bad about my guild. We had a lot of fun to be honest until the posting party joined our guild. Hopefully now things will get back to normal and we can start having fun again.

Thank You
Binai
Cow On Duty!!
Edited by Binai on 8/27/2012 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Just make sure that you're clear about loot rules. If people don't have the right to roll on the mount or essences or whatever, they should be told that before you save them to your run and waste their time. If you say loot is free rolls, but don't mention that there are things reserved, you're deceiving them, and people don't take that kindly. I certainly don't.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Paladin
That hard-feelings thing sound kind of bull!@#$ty to me, you probably saw the mount drop, pooped your pants and ninja'd it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I didn't know. We are not allowed to touch the loot box the raid leader loots it. I didn't know what until after.
Edited by Binai on 8/27/2012 10:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
This was a learning error on my part. I do have a macro with loot rules that apply to rolling on gear , and does not state rolling on any other items. The reason being is the experience I have had in being a guest in another guild's runs was, that it was the norm that guest's dont roll on items that werent gear unless it was offered to them to roll on.

And to regards on the hard feelings, its not the first time it has dropped for our group, so the pooped my pants theory wasnt the case. My thoughts were if they didnt know it dropped they wouldnt be bummed out the werent going to be able to roll on it, if they had knew it dropped it would have been the same outcome of them not being able to roll on it. Because at that time I was under the impression that was the norm and it didnt need to be posted on the loot rules.

This has been a learning mistake on my part and has been corrected. I apoligize to the players that were guests in our group that I was ignorant to the fact of how my loot rules should have been posted because of assuming that guest dont roll on items like that.

As regards to the creator of this thread, and the comments he is making I feel are very out of line and derogatory. The statements he has made tells me that he knowingly new that was not the common rules and participated in it and said nothing about it to me! Not until he was going to be removed from the guild for his conduct did he decided to bring this to my attention.

Once again I apoligize to people who were involved in this incident, and that I have learned much from it and I have corrected my mistakes.
Edited by Caru on 8/28/2012 1:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Pro-tip. Wall of text is hard to read. Break it up into paragraphs :)

Good advice for wow forums and for real life.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Thank you for the tip.

Works well :)
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
lol
Edited by Hordehound on 8/28/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
lol
Edited by Hordehound on 8/28/2012 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Mage
lol hurry up, you can catch my dk on ill if you wanna stalk lol talk about no life
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
How am I supposed to learn how to be the world's most retarded sociopath if you keep deleting your posts?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I love my guild
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]