Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

What are these 'friends' of which you speak?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
and they give us something that is recycled, .

How many times have you participated in the destruction of a city?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
The ignorance and whining of the ever-more spoiled human race is astounding to me... Cry about it some more... please. Instead of being grateful for something awesome we haven't done before - you cry about what it ISN'T. "Why did you do this for me? It isn't good enough!" Really? Stop crying and just play the game.. if you dont like it, Guild Wars 2 just came out - enjoy.
Edited by Ivanooze on 8/30/2012 4:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/30/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Ivanooze
The ignorance and whining of the ever-more spoiled human race is astounding to me... Cry about it some more... please. Instead of being grateful for something awesome we haven't done before - you cry about what it ISN'T. "Why did you do this for me? It isn't good enough!" Really? Stop crying and just play the game.. if you dont like it, Guild Wars 2 just came out - enjoy.

It's not ignorance. The last dungeon was added in November. I'm not sure when LFR hit since I was going slow on gearing up. I have ten characters over level sixty. Right now, my options are to run dungeons that have been the same for nearly a year or work on profs. I might could pull off a few achieves that I haven't gotten yet. They've had a long time to work on this. Why isn't it open now? Was it so hard to add a couple of little things to do in game just to keep us tied over for at least a few weeks?

If someone is planning on playing MOP, Guild Wars 2 is an expensive option for only one month. And honestly, Blizzard should have planned better.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
08/30/2012 03:01 AMPosted by Innerchi
How many times have you participated in the destruction of a city?

Never, and neither will any other Alliance player. We're playing clean up and don't actually get to be involved in anything interesting or worthwhile in the Fall of Theramore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
The opening of the AQ gates. That was an event.
Gruul storming a major city before TBC. That was an event.
Getting resources in preparation of the Reopening on the Dark Portal. That was an event.
The Undead Plague being released upon Azeroth. That was an event.
The Elemental Rifts prior to The Shattering. That was an event.

...This is not. I won't let it get me down as I'm still pretty pumped for Mists but the events leading into the expansion release are pretty lame.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
08/30/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Cefca

Arguable. I do suspect that the constant complaints about the invasions interfering with the daily collection of gold is why Mists doesn't get to have a memorable pre-launch event, however, even though Exodar and Darnassus were both unaffected.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
08/30/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Bomdanil

Arguable. I do suspect that the constant complaints about the invasions interfering with the daily collection of gold is why Mists doesn't get to have a memorable pre-launch event, however, even though Exodar and Darnassus were both unaffected.

The elementals invading Orgrimmar were not instanced nor did we have to "queue up" for something in order to see them. They were available to all players regardless of level, albeit you would die quickly had you engaged the elementals at a low-level.

If anything the Wrath event was much more taxing on the playerbase than the elementals ever were.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
08/30/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Cefca
The elementals invading Orgrimmar were not instanced nor did we have to "queue up" for something in order to see them. They were available to all players regardless of level, albeit you would die quickly had you engaged the elementals at a low-level.

I was implying that I didn't think the pre-Cataclysm event was very eventful. Bugs aside, there just wasn't a sense of urgency with it like there was with the other events you mentioned; nothing to really grab and draw in those that were around the rifts when they spawned.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
08/30/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Bomdanil

I was implying that I didn't think the pre-Cataclysm event was very eventful. Bugs aside, there just wasn't a sense of urgency with it like there was with the other events you mentioned; nothing to really grab and draw in those that were around the rifts when they spawned.

Gotcha. I see. You're right. But it was still an event. What we're about to experience is not.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Is the Theramore scenario really the only lead-up to Mists? I was really hoping for more. As others have said this isn't really an event at all, it won't be spectacular or memorable. How disappointing :(
Reply Quote
94 Gnome Mage
You know, I would but my friends are all ragequitting. All that's left on my friends list are enemies who I want to keep tabs on.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Shaman
08/28/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Kaivax
: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included.

lol'd
Reply Quote
I know my brain is mush & I'm a little late on this one, but wasn't Ironforge supposed to be distroyed after Cata was released?

With that out of the way I would like to say this. I've been playin for about 8 years now. With every exp. that came out, there has been things we like and dis-like. But over all the game is still really fun to play or none of us would have made it past BC. With that said, lets see MoP and the Theramore scenario leading into it!
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
cant wait for the up coming event!! :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Im annoyed this will only last for one week. What happened to it lasting for two weeks? Also only this as an event, seems even lazier on your part.

Kind of funny really, you want people out in the world. Then as an pre mop event, you shove everyone inside an instance. Sure we dont have to do it, but been apart of all events since BC launched, even if it was just me getting one hit by an giant elite.

So now I just be sitting in org waiting for something to pop.. the fun...
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warlock
08/28/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Kaivax
(Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

Batteries not included? Consider my subscription, CANCELLED! (I kid)

*z-snaps*

DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions presented in this forum post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the player base. Customers of World of Warcraft are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by forum communications. Any such communication is contrary to company policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned. The player base will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other liability arising.
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight
Nice!....ahh crap...gotta get my 83 priest up 2 levels...

(DUDE 2 levels in almost a month you Got to me kidding me! -- I hear the impending cries from the community...)...

yeah I know but you have no idea how TIRED I am of leveling old toons right now...

Well i could just play my 85 lock...yeah...screw the priest...lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]