Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

100 Human Priest
I can't wait to find bandages for the doctor and killing those pesky boars!!!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Can you stop calling it an event please as it clearly isn't one.

Did you know the word "event" has been used exactly once in this thread, and it was by you?

And what about it isn't an event? That it's instanced? So what?
An event by nature involves the open world and exciting things going on.

When its instanced, especially when it's a scenario that will be available years later, it is not so much an event as early content. Would you call getting the 1-60 quests in Cataclysm 2 weeks early an 'event'? I would not... I'd consider the 3 week event with the elementals one, however, and I enjoyed it tremendously.

While I'm excited about Theramore, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed by the lack of a world event. It wouldn't even have to be much, just something to get us excited. You can have events without harassing everyone in the world, and frankly, I'd rather be harassed by a moderately fun event for 3 weeks than bored stiff for 3 weeks.

What bugs me the most, however, is that Blizzard is waiting until the week before to release this scenario. Why? Why not just unlock it now and give us players something to do while we wait for 5 weeks? This makes no sense at all to me. There's no reason whatsoever to put it off.
Edited by Kattrisa on 9/5/2012 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Im prob going to miss this, unless blizz sort out some of there issues.
This makes me sad.
qq
Reply Quote
65 Human Rogue
08/28/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Zasso
Having logged in, I found nothing to even show that Theramore will be attack or even any quest or gossip. If someone isn't 85 how would they even know there is a world event? If all we get is just a scenario then you have wasted my money.

You are ridiculous your biggest gripe repeating in this thread is "stopping calling this an event?"...petty-much? You do realize how silly you sound telling the creators of the game and its content , the ones who define what the content is --- "hey that's a not an event!". The generic word event, look it up in a dictionary first - its not a 'wow' term. 2nd what you are doing is kin to telling the author of a novel 'What! That is now how that character feels!"....you are telling the creators about their creation....how do you know more about it then them?

And "you have wasted my money"......um...your money all came down to how any world event did or didn't happen?

Are you really this stupid and ignorant? C'mon you are just playing right? This is an elaborate troll...its gotta be....
Edited by Malysindria on 9/6/2012 12:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Looking forward to doing this leading up to the expansion! Hoping other World Events will also take place leading up to this as well with some Feats of Strength like previous expansions released.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
My Game time expires three days before the event starts.
Dammit.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
cant wait to try and stop the horde....... but we all know garrosh is a coward..... he will bomb us and we will die....
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
DoJ
I'm disappointed there's no real world event to open MoP ...not sure if there was something leading into TBC but i was during the zombie invasion (pre-WLK) and then through the elemental rifts (pre-Cata) but now there's nothing.

At least you guys should open the scenario like way earlier. There's no achievement for doing something pre-MoP now too right? (Related to a world event i mean)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
What sort of gear requirement are we looking at? Is it something that people who are inexperienced at grouping should avoid?
Reply Quote
how big with the update for it be?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
08/28/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Zasso
It is misleading to call this thing an event period.

Event, event, event, event, event and event.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
08/28/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Kaivax
(Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

HA! I get it. Why are you so dirty Blizzard?
Reply Quote
Will any of the past events prior to the previous expansion releases be brought back as scenarios. Like the taking of the Echo Isles.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I think they are doing a real disservice to new players making the expansion event a level 85 only thing. What about all the RAF people and new members in the Alliance/Horde mentor guilds that just have to sit there and watch us have fun without them. I just think this could have been a little better. One of the main concerns that we saw on so many posts was that people don't "Get out in the world". During the WOTLK event there were mini events that took place all day long in different zones and people were constantly out in the world doing them. People loved it. Mind you some people were upset over the zombie situation but most people recall it fondly.

Given that we are supposed to be gearing up for an Ally vs. Horde war it would have been nice for mini events to occur throughout the world at different times like Orc invasions in cities with a call to arms for Ally to go out and kill the invaders. Possibly having them drop tokens that could be redeemed for a special mini pet or tabard/trinket whatever (something for us to keep to remember the event like other past xpac events). Likewise Humans invading Horde cities/encampments. These events could have been done at all different levels so that every player could have the ability to participate regardless of level. I also would have liked to see some air battles over SW/Org. Maybe having the citizens of the city "man" guns (roof of org/sw docks) and shoot down enemy flyers, again offering this to any level player due to the use of a vehicle. With the skyfire over the docks seems fitting that it has some use. Chen could have come to the main cities announcing the attacks etc.

Scenarios look like an awesome addition to the game thus far but don't really get anyone out in the world in fact it encourages the sitting in a main city all the more.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/28/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Zasso
Can you stop calling it an event please as it clearly isn't one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This seems very lackluster when compared to previous pre-expansion events.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]