Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

80 Troll Hunter
09/06/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Doomscribe
What sort of gear requirement are we looking at? Is it something that people who are inexperienced at grouping should avoid?

wowlazymacros.com

spam away
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Just so you all know, I got dibs on all of Jaina's cosmetics and clothing. And her vanity mirror.
Reply Quote
43 Goblin Mage
For those of us stuck in error #134 hell, will it be fixed before this event?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A scenario >_> for one week at 85 >_> so lame its pathetic......
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
09/09/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Ferìa
Just so you all know, I got dibs on all of Jaina's cosmetics and clothing. And her vanity mirror.

Sure if I can get dibs on burning your corpse.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
And Blizzard says they don't do faction favouritism. What a bunch of hypocritical orc loving turds
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is just going to cause MoP to be more of the same capital city instant messenger bull!@#$. Thanks blizz. *unsub*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Theramore's Fall, the first of many Scenarios coming to World of Warcraft, is a story-changing event that will be available to level-85 characters for one week only -- the week leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.

For the duration of the week of September 18-24, level-85 characters will be able to queue up for and participate in the Alliance and Horde versions of this new Scenario with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.)

After the lifting of the mists, Theramore's Fall will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event. Upon completing the Scenario for the first time, players will see the aftermath of the battle whenever visiting Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Theramore will eventually be changed permanently to its post-battle state in a future patch, sometime after the launch of Mists of Pandaria, whether or not players have completed the Scenario.

We’ll see you there!

So... what happened to this being available a few weeks before MoP? Scroll down to the "Battle of Theramore" portion of the 5.0.4 Survival Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7045643

"The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) are coming with 5.0.4, but they won’t be enabled until a few weeks before the Mists of Pandaria expansion release. Keep an eye on the front page of this blog for more info."
Edited by Stasia on 9/9/2012 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Unless you're stupidly closed minded... You'll realise it is an event, purely due to the fact that it's only available to level 85's for a week, after that you have to reach level 90 to replay it, so yes, it clearly is an event. Hush now. <3
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
When does Alliance get to take back Lordaeron? Or some of Ashenvale, even? Western Azshara? ANYTHING???

Well...

I'm keeping an open mind. When the pre-Wrath event began, I had no idea what was going on. What were those nasty-looking bags of grain??? Then...ZOMBIES! I'm hoping to log into the game sometime in the coming week and be surprised -- and shocked, and angered, and ENTERTAINED -- once more.

Please, Blizzard. I hope you surprise us with more than you've announced.
Edited by Califree on 9/10/2012 3:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
Hmm so isn't there any fluff "souvenir" type items we get? I'll be disappointed if not. The pre-wrath event was amazing
Reply Quote
91 Gnome Mage
09/10/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Belua
Hmm so isn't there any fluff "souvenir" type items we get? I'll be disappointed if not. The pre-wrath event was amazing

Alliance will get a tabard. Horde will get a mana bomb.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
After the lifting of the mists, Theramore's Fall will join all other Scenarios as level-90-only content, and everyone -- including players who missed it at level 85 -- will be able to play through the event. Upon completing the Scenario for the first time, players will see the aftermath of the battle whenever visiting Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh. Theramore will eventually be changed permanently to its post-battle state in a future patch, sometime after the launch of Mists of Pandaria, whether or not players have completed the Scenario.

We’ll see you there!

i suggest Blizzard should make the game playable on a working patch to patch basis. start from vanilla, level 1 character, level up to 50? then go through the motions as the rest of the players who have been here since vanilla have gone through. as a wotlk player, i missed the stuff that came when bc came out, i missed the opportunity to get a cool Axe that sounds like a guitar. for the people that were here during bc when wotlk came out, they experienced certain things people dont get to experience nowadays. they saw the way the game changed. wotlk-> cata breaking, new people are missing out on what all that was about. they are starting a game in a broken stormwind wondering what has happened. i suggest that they should do something on a working patch to patch basis. as you level, be given the opportunity to be asked, "would you like to continue to the next patch?" i would like to experience on a character the demons being released through the portals. i would like to experience the spreading of the plague. i would like the experience to be able to get some of the now unobtainable mounts and unique weapons like the Arcanite Ripper . i would like to be able to fight the world bosses that are now coming back i guess. BLIZZARD, Please take this into consideration!
Edited by Bankér on 9/10/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

According to WoWhead, there are some epic weapons to choose from as well.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90030
http://www.wowhead.com/item=90017
http://www.wowhead.com/item=90035

Are speculated to be rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I remember collecting items to see the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.

I saw Highlord Kruul storm through Ironforge before the Burning Crusade.

I witnessed the undead Scourge invasion and attempted to avoid becoming one of them.

I saw the elementals attack Stormwind and I fought through various dungeons to stop their leaders.

I sure hope there's more to this event than a single scenario.

Wait...you didn't see the pandas milling around in Org and SW yet? There's that...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I always like that alliance city, too bad it's going :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]