Theramore's Fall: Now Live for Level-85 Players

100 Human Rogue
Gotta say I was looking forward to some epic new pre-expansion event that would last a few weeks... little bit of a let down.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
i have to agree that the ghoul invasion was great fun, and i have been very sad that there has so far not been a repeat of that level of intrusion into my daily routine.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Way to just phone it in Blizz...

Maybe you guys have something up your sleeves and there's some hidden world event you haven't announced, and if so I'll be impressed that you managed to keep a lid on it. But if not this will go down as the worst pre-expac "event" you've ever come up with. Another boring pre-scripted instance with absolutely zero randomness to it. I've seen the AQ event, the elemental invasion, the dark portal opening, the undead invasion / zombie apocalypse, and the coming of deathwing. The good ones have something in common... randomness and chaos. As the years go by, these events are becoming more and more scripted and the quality (read: fun) has definitely slid. If a scenario is all you're doing for MoP it's like you aren't even trying anymore...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Wow, this is the biggest let down yet blizz. compared to all the other invasions and pre expansion events, this is just a slap in the face. and you wait till the last minute to drop it on us? its just wrong
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well this is just total BS, a whole year, a WHOLE YEAR with no new content! i thought atleast FINALLY the boredom would end today with the Theramore event, only to find out that its YET ANOTHER week on NOTHING, whats the point of new content a week BEFORE the expansion drops, ohh look at my new gear that will be only be useless next week cause the greens from expansion will be better O.o WHAT A SOUP SANDWICH WoW has become, just 1 GIANT SOUP SANDWICH!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This is really dissapointing. Preexpansion they have the chance to go crazy and do something as disrupting as the zombie plague, feels like they've just kinda said whatever......
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Wow, I don't even know what to say. I haven't bought Mists yet because nothing's interested me. But now that Blizz is making our usual 'event' only one week, and as something you can do at 90, I have no incentive to buy it.

If putting out a scenario means just copying lvl 90 content, then I hate to see how bad the next expansion is. I was really hoping Mists would keep me interested, or at the very least, the 'event' leading up to it would.

Blues said it would last a few weeks. Now, I'm not a math major, but a few is usually more than one. What happened?
Edited by Alissian on 9/11/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I have been reading what I could find, but have not noted confirmation that there will be a cross-realm ability for partying up for scenarios. I have family and friend that I like to do dungeons with, on different realms, but we often cannot get 5 of us together at the same time and this seems like a great alternative.Anyone know if cross realm will be available as it is for dungeons?
Reply Quote
Sigh makes me sad theres no world event ive seen them all so far ... sigh wow these days lets bring back the old wow glory days plz :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm really disappointed if the Theramore scenario is the only thing Blizzard has planned for the pre-release MoP event. To be honest, I would have expected much more considering the amount of subscriber loses they have taken in the past 3 quarters alone. The scenario itself is fine, considering they are going to do it anyways there is no point in complaining about it. But where is the build up? Story wise there has been no REAL Alliance/Horde conflicit in Cata leading up to MoP, the expansion they claim they are trying to bring the WAR back to World of Warcraft.

Also consider we have not had any new content since the release of 4.3 last November, and they have canceled Blizzcon this year for similar reasons. It has been stated that they could have done a big sea battle event prior to the release of MoP, but they decided to instead work on "new features" for the expansion instead. This is a pretty lame exuse considering that all of their previous expansions have had a pre-release event and for the most part have been extremely succesful (save for backsliding in Cata).

Now if all we were going to get from 5.0.4 was the Theramore scenario prior to MoP release, I really don't understand why we wouldn't get it until a week before its release. It makes more sense if they were going to incrament minor outpost conflicts and major capitol attacks leading up to the last week of having the scenario that culminates in the destruction of Theramore. But without all that, it just feels like they took story that was intended for a later part of MoP (5.1 or 5.2?), scaled it down to lvl 85, and are throwing it at us so we can't say they didn't do anything at all.

I have been playing since a couple months after Vanilla released and overall have been happy with this game. I have enjoyed every event they have managed to cook up. I'm not going to go all rageface here and say "GG Blizz you just lost another sub!", but they are risking a lot here by saying "Look, we can't give you an awesome pre-release event this time, because we are making the expasion even more awesome." It is quite the razor's edge they have put themselves on if MoP isn't well recieved, because everyone is going to be asking "If this is all we got, then why couldn't you have even slapped something together for the end of Cata?!?"

All that said I'm excited for the new expansion and seriously hope it doesn't prove to be a horrendous let down considering the time put into it.
Edited by Portapally on 9/12/2012 1:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Kinda dissapointed in how they are doing the pre MoP Event. I dont think people should be able to queue after the week before MoP. I cant go back and do the other prior events so why should this one be any different? Can the toons that complete this (at the level 85 week) get a special cheeve maybe?
Edited by Dustos on 9/12/2012 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
" Lazy patching that just drops the new race into our cities without a simple quest or lead up to dropping them in the cities"

unless the panda come into Theramore and stop the battle (my thinkings) then blizz did get really really lazy with interducing panda

but untill we play the event lets not post about how they have failed at a pre-release....
we save that 4 after its out
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Well this may be nice on other servers... but will absolutely suck on mine considering Horde outnumber us 3 to 1, if not more
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Exactly the opposite here, 3:1 ratio in the Alliance's favor.
Reply Quote
...level-85 characters will be able to queue up for and participate in the Alliance and Horde versions of this new Scenario with two friends. (Please note: if friends are not available to you at the time, two will be provided. Batteries not included. Subject to change. Void where prohibited.).

Does that mean there is some kind of match-making/group-finding function or is this an attempt at humor?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
09/12/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Jeanpicard
Exactly the opposite here, 3:1 ratio in the Alliance's favor.

Wanna trade?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
12 Troll Shaman
09/12/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Tyburn
Does that mean there is some kind of match-making/group-finding function or is this an attempt at humor?

Scenarios work like the dungeon finder does; you can queue up by yourself (or with one friend) and the matchmaking system will put together a full group, then put you all together in the same instance. The major difference is that for a scenario, you only need three people to fill a group and matching class roles isn't so important.
Edited by Faizaniel on 9/12/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Faizaniel

Scenarios work like the dungeon finder does; you can queue up by yourself (or with one friend) and the matchmaking system will put together a full group, then put you all together in the same instance. The major difference is that for a scenario, you only need three people to fill a group and matching class roles isn't so important.

Cool, thanks! Sometimes when I don't see "Bazinga" I am not sure. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]