what servers are cross-realm?

85 Draenei Death Knight
Yes I know not entire servers and I know it's on a zone basis. But FOR NOW its limited to certain servers, I am trying to find which ones is all, as mine sadly is not.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
08/28/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Urah
Yes I know not entire servers and I know it's on a zone basis. But FOR NOW its limited to certain servers, I am trying to find which ones is all, as mine sadly is not.

my guess would be yer battlegroup is your current group of mergable servers. havnt logged in to confirm this but since they already have the servers set to merge in a bg setting it wouldnt be to a far a stretch to expand on the area of merging.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Thundertusk is pretty much correct. SERVERS are not crossed, only certain areas. At this point, because I've only played Ally in beta, I can tell you that Goldshire, Westfall, Duskwood, Redridge, and Stranglethorn Vale are areas that are crossed. There is a maximum number of players for each area, when that limit is reached the crossed realms ~should~ be removed from the list of available areas until there is an opening. Some of the issues in beta were that pretty much all players were getting flagged for PvP (tells you what server has the lowest population, huh?) because there are only 4 beta realms. We were guaranteed that would NOT happen once the feature went live.

The other, and for me MORE annoying aspect of the cross realm feature was the "rubber band" effect that someone else mentioned. Basically, the zone is full so when you try to run in, you are bounced right back out to the boundaries. If you flew in, the NPC's would fade as soon as you landed, so the zone was COMPLETELY empty - no other players, no beasts, no critters, no opposing mobs & no NPC's. That seemed to be the part of the feature that they were struggling the most with, as players from both sides would be zoned in, auto-flagged & then killed over & over & over along with the NPC's. The bodies would fill up the zone so no one could enter.

This is probably why they are rolling it out slowly, they're probably tweaking which servers link areas in what order, so that they can prevent those issues from occurring on live. As to whether PvP realms will be linked in this way, I am not sure. I would think that if they are, they would be PvP to PvP only, whereas for non-PvP the servers have a bit more leeway (Normal to Normal, Normal to RP, RP to RP). They may do a PvP to non PvP though, but they will definitely NOT be putting PvE players into the PvP servers.

Hope this helps! I'm not entirely certain what some of you were looking for with the cross realms feature, but I think it was not what's actually being implemented. Hopefully it will all work out in the wash though. =)
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Paladin
08/28/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Ishamaru
Too bad none of these are my server lol. Dang. Oh well. Also, I notice the /who command is not representative of people cross realm-ing. So you can't use that to gauge the population properly...I think.

Find someone on Cenarion Circle and have them invite you to a party cross-realm and you'll see it.

I am still loading the patch. Does this normally take, like, forever?
Also, I dont see my Prime Glyphs. It has my majors listed. Did they do away with our primes?

Completely off-topic, and you should really read the patch notes. Yes Primes are gone. :P

Well, aint you a peach.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
08/28/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Rochenstinne
Well, aint you a peach.

Generally am when it comes to blatant rule-breaking. :P

This phasing and rubber-banding crap is annoying. ><;
Edited by Ishamaru on 8/28/2012 6:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok I have a question then, if you see people in the city from another server and you start rping with them is there the potential fo rthem to be kicked out then if the player limit for the realm is met?

I am so confused on this, I have many characters and friends on different reaolms. I was hoping I could do some cross realm rp. But if it is going to bump them out with out warning...might not be good. Also concerned if the cross realm thing means you will not be grouped with guild members if in the same area? If one of you is bumped into a different realm, would that mean you cannot see your friends?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Pretty sure I saw some Cenarion Circle folks while playing on a Wyrmrest Accord alt earlier.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Please help
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Is there somewhere unofficial that lists which servers are part of this now?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Still no word, still nothing from blizzard. Still zilch about the most important aspect of this patch
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
SHu'halo and Garrosh are linked and it like so totally awesome!!!!! (SARCASM)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I know Nordrassil is getting cross realm zones, but I'm not sure which realms we are sharing. Only that one of them is in eastern time (and Nord is pacific...)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
09/02/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Yubaba
SHu'halo and Garrosh are linked and it like so totally awesome!!!!! (SARCASM)

We hate you.

And somehow you're both getting sucked onto Hydraxis. :/
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
08/28/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Atun
According to one of my guildies, the RP (PvE) servers are linked already.

I play on RP servers, and some are linked but not all of them are. I mostly play on Steamwheedle Cartel, and we have not been linked with anyone.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
08/28/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Thundertusk

my guess would be yer battlegroup is your current group of mergable servers. havnt logged in to confirm this but since they already have the servers set to merge in a bg setting it wouldnt be to a far a stretch to expand on the area of merging.

Out of the three servers merged with mine, only one is from my battle group, Emberstorm. The other two are from Whirlwind.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Uther and Misha are linked at the moment too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]