Put in cage?

90 Human Rogue
While exploring the mess of new stuff to explore in this patch, I came across an option in the companion pets page. When you right click on a pet, one of the options is "Put in cage".

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this does or will do?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Does it turn the pet into a trade-able item maybe?
Reply Quote
15 Night Elf Rogue
It's my understanding that this feature won't be avilable until mists, but yes at that time it is to make captured pets tradeable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yes, it will turn the pet into a tradeable item which can be sold/traded/vendored
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you can get it to work, it's supposed to do just that; I can't seem to get it to work.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/28/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Eukaryotic
It's my understanding that this feature won't be avilable until mists, but yes at that time it is to make captured pets tradeable.

This is absurd. It should be implemented *now* so people who have enormous pet collections (I happen to know at least one) on most of their characters can get their pets list in order *now* rather than when Mists launches and they have a bunch of leveling, gearing, and pet-battling to do. :grumbles:
Reply Quote
83 Troll Druid
08/28/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Petersen

This is absurd. It should be implemented *now* so people who have enormous pet collections (I happen to know at least one) on most of their characters can get their pets list in order *now* rather than when Mists launches and they have a bunch of leveling, gearing, and pet-battling to do. :grumbles:

Exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am one of those people, so...definitely agreed. To make matters worse, I just now got the darkmoon cub to add to my collection for the first time and it's sitting in my bags because "You have too many pets"

So now my only choice is to release some. I'm holding on to hope that Blizzard will change their mind about deleting all but 3 of every pet come mists. I don't mind losing 5 easily-quested for balloons from horde and alliance side but...I kinda care a bit more about the multiple copies of more expensive, or harder to get pets I got on more than 3 characters over the years :/

So, I guess it's time to put the darkmoon cub in the bank. Please Blizzard, I can understand on one level why but I dislike the fact that, the way you plan to set it up now, you will be deleting over 100 pets I actually worked to accumulate on multiple characters over the years. I'd really like to see being able to cage and try to sell them instead...especially since I'm in debt to a friend over the corrupted hippogryph right now and am likely going to start this xpac off with maybe 100 gold...if I'm lucky, I also want to make my husband a vial of sands for his birthday (mum's the word).

I really appreciate all the fun new toys, but it makes me sad that I'm just going to suddenly lose a lot of work and cash I sunk in over the years to my pet collections. I'm really looking forward to shared pets and mounts, just a little sad that, counting the balloons and few crabs I just deleted before stopping, that makes 277 pets gone with the wind, wasted time and gold. That's a lot of pets to cage and mail, yes, but maybe you could plan for a system that gives us a little something in turn for each thing deleted, like you did with our keys.
Reply Quote
83 Troll Druid
I am one of those people, so...definitely agreed. To make matters worse, I just now got the darkmoon cub to add to my collection for the first time and it's sitting in my bags because "You have too many pets"

So now my only choice is to release some.

You can hold them until PandaWoW releases, then box and sell duplicates.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]