I didn't want a new game.- 5.0.4 Feedback

90 Human Mage
08/29/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Kragarn
I guess these people don't remember when there were like 50 threads asking for new stuff, and some even calling Blizz lazy for not giving it to them.

Please point to a single thread demanding Blizzard demolish the talent system and rebuild in so dumbed down even the brain dead can figure it out and choice/decisions are entirely optional and without consequences if you get it wrong.

It was really fun being forced to chose specific talents for certain areas of gameplay. And let me tell you, trying to figure out whether,I should put 1 or 2 points in a certain talent, brought me hours upon hours of joy. It's just like my pappy used to say, "if it ain't tedious, it ain't worth doin'."
90 Dwarf Paladin
Funny thing is, you trolls have been saying this before the release of every single expansion. And yes, even before the `golden age`of BC.

I remember before BC became the chosen expansion of the qqers. Back then people would make threads saying how BC had ruined wow. Kind of funny how things turn out. lol
I never understood all the hype about BC, I find it very overrated.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/29/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Drumith
Because not everyone uses the recommended talent builds pre cata

So they were bad? That's basically what the old talent specs boiled down to.

this

even if you wanted to be a special snowflake and have a "unique" build, you were bad
10 Gnome Rogue
08/29/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Drumith
Because googling Druid Resto Spec *insert patch number here* was super hard.

It was harder than blindly picking 5 talents that will have no real affect on your performance outside of utility which few players really care about (just ask hybrids who played during the hybrid tax how much utility mattered to them).
It's a simple as that. Nope didn't play beta because when I did try it was impossible to get anything done. I gave up on it when lag never improved early on, or when you couldn't do quests because of people being douches, sitting on quest givers so you couldn't get or turn in quest. Plus I just didn't want to play it. Nope didn't read up on it, I just like to play. Even still, that doesn't change the fact that if i had read about it, I wouldn't have been happy. Reading about it and experiencing what they have done is two different things. And even if I had given feedback and said this is a bad idea, when have you ever known companies like blizz to change their minds because of it? I could have complained early and still been ignored.

It all still boils down to one simple fact; If I had wanted a new game, I would have gone out and bought a new game.

Tweaking, adding new content, or improving is one thing. This has changed it so much that it doesn't feel like the game I liked. I've been through the other patches and have not liked things before, never really complained, and never quit over it. This one is different.

I keep also reading, just play the game for the next month, it'll give you time to get used to it, and then see how MoP plays. One I don't like it now, and won't be playing it. Two why the hell would I buy MoP when I'm so unhappy with the patch? And three why should I have to get used to it? I liked and enjoyed it before.

Flame away, i don't care just as much as you don't care that I don't like it. You have the right to like it, and I have the right to voice my dislike of it.

You know, I thought the same thing when I logged in last night. I saw the talents, saw I was missing spells, saw glyphs had undergone serious changes, and I thought exactly the same thing. I bought a game, learned to play it and now they're making me learn a new game. It was a frustrating thought.

Then I began reading the tooltips. I didn't really understand what the talents were shooting for. I didn't get some of the glyphs. Fine, I thought, lets see this target dummy. And I realizeid that for an arcane mage the gameplay had become more interactive (for me at least). Managing mana means more. That was interesting.

So I took another look at the talents and realized that the emphasis had been moved from picking the right talents that you read on a website, to using your abilities at the right times, whatever abilities you chose. That's a positive change to me. That places the burden of playing well more squarely on my awareness and reactions rather than my reading comprehension.

Sadly, I only had time to look at my mage last night but I hope to do something with my rogue, paladin and deathknight through the weekend. If their play has changed along similar lines, this patch will be a positive one in my opinion.

But had I just gone with my first thought and not investigated the situation, I would be agreeing with you whole-heartedly.
85 Worgen Druid
08/29/2012 07:08 AMPosted by Maidenn
Funny thing is, you trolls have been saying this before the release of every single expansion. And yes, even before the `golden age`of BC.

I remember before BC became the chosen expansion of the qqers. Back then people would make threads saying how BC had ruined wow. Kind of funny how things turn out. lol
I never understood all the hype about BC, I find it very overrated.

There were itemization problems as well as pve class imbalance in early BC but they were fixed after a few months and it became the best expansion ever.
10 Gnome Rogue
Back then people would make threads saying how BC had ruined wow.

Ahhh forum revisionism at it's finest!

I never understood all the hype about BC

Probably because judging from your armory you hardly played any of it when it was current content.
90 Undead Mage
The ENTIRE game didn't change. There are parts of the game that changed, some good and some bad. There is NO way to please everyone and to think otherwise is foolish. It's a shame that so many people are feeling betrayed in a way, but I'm not sure its fair to suggest that the entire game was changed.

I also don't think those who are unhappy should just "shut up and get over it" as they have a right to an opinion just the same. To that end, those who are happy should be allowed their opinion as well. These battles rage on day and night it seems and it really is crazy.

OP, I'm sorry "your" version of the game was destroyed. If I had invested the years and time that many of you have I'm sure my opinion would be different, but I've only been playing a few months.

Best of luck, and I hope you find some medium that allows you to continue enjoying yourself.

Edit: forgive me if this doesn't make any sense, its still early and I'm tired. Found the obvious misspell, sorry!
Edited by Mandevon on 8/29/2012 8:29 AM PDT
Did the Cata trees even matter where you put the points? Unless you were intentionally trying to fail, you'd wind up with what everyone else had, or something so close it didn't matter. There was no real choice at all.

The BC and Wotlk trees made balance that much harder, and people screamed at Blizzard to balance the game.

We still have all the tools we had before the patch, every important tool that was in our tree. And now we're given 5 more choices that, while each tier is dedicated to a certain function, differ in how they perform that function. That's 5 more than we had on Monday. Nobody has lost anything except the comfort that they were spec'd the "right" way.

I'm not sure the phrase "dumbed down" applies really. Tanking got more complex, healing is getting there, and the dps all got more utility. Between gemming, reforging, enchanting, profession bonuses, and the talents, I'd say that the game is more complex now than it was in BC. At least I'm not expected to just spam Circle of healing now.
90 Dwarf Paladin
08/29/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Glítch
Probably because judging from your armory you hardly played any of it when it was current content.

Yep because I've been playing the same character for 7 years. lol, you can have your nostalgia fest for BC if you want, all I can say is I was glad when it was over.
Edited by Maidenn on 8/29/2012 7:18 AM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
See there it is again, shut up and get used to it. Nope I've played since vanilla, and just shut up through it all until now. I guess I'm just not going to get used to it, and I don't have to. Too bad more people will just accept it and keep feeding them money. Some of us actually have some conviction and won't keep feeding them for something that we don't like.

Look these changes take some getting used to... I know... back at the launch of Cata, with the massive changes to the Hunter Class... I was just as upset as you are now. I came here and complained and all that...

Then I gave it a chance... I can not imagine going back to Mana as a hunter now... I've adapted to the changes and find them very enjoyable...

They know how you feel.. and expect you to either pitch a hissy, which they will ignore, or expect you to give it a fair chance...

Change is difficult, but necessary, and your unwillingness to try after less than one day on Live is tantamount to a temper tantrum from a child.... I want I want I want...

Give them a month to work the bugs out, and learn to adjust to the changes with your class(es)... Then come tell us what you think after a reasonable amount of time... it's not a new game... it's the same game with some updates.
See there it is again, shut up and get used to it. Nope I've played since vanilla...

This is interesting. Anecdotally, from reading these boards, it seems to me that it is the old school players having the hardest time adjusting to this patch. I am one such. I started before 1.9. I really have no opinion as to whether the patch is good or bad, but I just don't care to have to re-learn my class yet again. That's one reason I've gravitated to my enh shaman alt: other than some quality of life and survival buffs, it is relatively unchanged.
90 Dwarf Paladin
This is interesting. Anecdotally, from reading these boards, it seems to me that it is the old school players having the hardest time adjusting to this patch. I am one such. I started before 1.9. I really have no opinion as to whether the patch is good or bad, but I just don't care to have to re-learn my class yet again. That's one reason I've gravitated to my enh shaman alt: other than some quality of life and survival buffs, it is relatively unchanged.

I've been playing since vanilla too, but I really don't see how this is all that different. Out of the three characters I've played since yesterday none are drastically different. And I would go as far as saying I prefer them now to before. Holy Paladin, Holy Priest and Fire Mage are all very close to before but with slight improvements. I would even say I love the new talent changes, they add flavor to the game which was severely lacking for a while. I'm sick of seeing everyone with the same exact spec and same exact gear. I think the new talents go a long way to allowing variety without being punished for not being a cookie cutter spec. I hated back in Vanilla/BC where you couldn't be the spec you wanted because gear didn't support it or it wasn't "good" enough. Ret paladins/cough. I think this is a step in the right direction.
100 Human Paladin
It's a simple as that. Nope didn't play beta because when I did try it was impossible to get anything done. I gave up on it when lag never improved early on, or when you couldn't do quests because of people being douches, sitting on quest givers so you couldn't get or turn in quest. Plus I just didn't want to play it. Nope didn't read up on it, I just like to play. Even still, that doesn't change the fact that if i had read about it, I wouldn't have been happy. Reading about it and experiencing what they have done is two different things. And even if I had given feedback and said this is a bad idea, when have you ever known companies like blizz to change their minds because of it? I could have complained early and still been ignored.

It all still boils down to one simple fact; If I had wanted a new game, I would have gone out and bought a new game.

Tweaking, adding new content, or improving is one thing. This has changed it so much that it doesn't feel like the game I liked. I've been through the other patches and have not liked things before, never really complained, and never quit over it. This one is different.
I keep also reading, just play the game for the next month, it'll give you time to get used to it, and then see how MoP plays. One I don't like it now, and won't be playing it. Two why the hell would I buy MoP when I'm so unhappy with the patch? And three why should I have to get used to it? I liked and enjoyed it before.

Flame away, i don't care just as much as you don't care that I don't like it. You have the right to like it, and I have the right to voice my dislike of it.

This is an MMO and they change.

All MMOs are kinda like Game of thrones don't get too attached because somethings going to go bad for someone somewhere lol .

Btw Love the patch so far
100 Human Warlock
a few things.

-unique specs did work, that is how we got Sl/SL. im sure there were may more viable ones - and at least there were usually some left over choices.

-i wasnt expecting so much fundamental change, but i am willing to give it a try. it is way too early to complain.

-accountwide stuff is awesome, but my guess is the awesomeness of it will wear off very quickly and it will become baseline cool.
90 Night Elf Druid
08/29/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Polenzsky
There were itemization problems as well as pve class imbalance in early BC but they were fixed after a few months and it became the best expansion ever.

What???????????

I guess BC arena's weren't dominated by SL/SL warlocks with resto druids. Obviously BC was perfect and didn't have any class imbalances.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]