I didn't want a new game.- 5.0.4 Feedback

90 Dwarf Paladin
Yea, and alot of people see it that way.. I can see a few minor changes, but I mean come on.. How can they really expect for people to like the game, when they completely change it from what it was..

Its kinda like buying a new BMW, and a year later bank comes and takes it, and gives you a Hyundai instead lol

Idk what patch you guys are playing, but the patch I'm playing is 90% the same as the game I was playing two days ago. Only difference is now we've got cool new moves like Sacred Shield.
Edited by Maidenn on 8/29/2012 8:59 AM PDT
90 Troll Death Knight
You don't want to play a new game?

Are you sure you have played since vanilla?

I started playing since WotLK, and believe me, everything changed in Cata, why didn't you leave then?

And I am pretty sure WotLK was nothing like BC.

Why is this so diferent now from before?
90 Human Paladin
You don't want to play a new game?

Are you sure you have played since vanilla?

I started playing since WotLK, and believe me, everything changed in Cata, why didn't you leave then?

And I am pretty sure WotLK was nothing like BC.

Why is this so diferent now from before?

Because they wernt around for any of those expansions, and now they think the sky is falling.
23 Tauren Hunter
08/29/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Pery
Two why the hell would I buy MoP when I'm so unhappy with the patch?
I'm sure that this has to have been brought up before now but I would rather take a chance on repeating it rather than read another 90 posts to check because it does warrant repeating...You don't have to BUY MoP to try it for the next month. The patch is available now and the full expansion isn't coming out for another month. The only things you won't be able to try out really are the Pandarens and the Monk class.

Yes, I know, you won't be able to do any exploration of Pandaria either but you have the month to see what the current patch has to offer before condemning the whole thing after only one day without spending anything at all. I've been on the beta since about the third wave and I was intimidated by the whole talent system and all the other changes. The difference being I had enough patience to wait more than one day before deciding I had enough of the information available to warrant a judgement.

If you honestly have decided to quit then you had probably already made that choice in part before the expansion and are just using it now as an excuse. If you give it until Sept 25th and still think it's best for you to quit, then you will have made an informed assessment.

Just sayin'
90 Human Paladin
For Cata being such a 'failure', a lot of these threads seem to be started by people who started playing with Cata.
90 Human Priest
It's a simple as that. Nope didn't play beta because when I did try it was impossible to get anything done. I gave up on it when lag never improved early on, or when you couldn't do quests because of people being douches, sitting on quest givers so you couldn't get or turn in quest. Plus I just didn't want to play it. Nope didn't read up on it, I just like to play. Even still, that doesn't change the fact that if i had read about it, I wouldn't have been happy. Reading about it and experiencing what they have done is two different things. And even if I had given feedback and said this is a bad idea, when have you ever known companies like blizz to change their minds because of it? I could have complained early and still been ignored.

It all still boils down to one simple fact; If I had wanted a new game, I would have gone out and bought a new game.

Tweaking, adding new content, or improving is one thing. This has changed it so much that it doesn't feel like the game I liked. I've been through the other patches and have not liked things before, never really complained, and never quit over it. This one is different.

I keep also reading, just play the game for the next month, it'll give you time to get used to it, and then see how MoP plays. One I don't like it now, and won't be playing it. Two why the hell would I buy MoP when I'm so unhappy with the patch? And three why should I have to get used to it? I liked and enjoyed it before.

Flame away, i don't care just as much as you don't care that I don't like it. You have the right to like it, and I have the right to voice my dislike of it.

You are someone who cannot accept change in their life. You need to work on this because it stops you from having a wonderful life.
90 Human Priest
Imagine if a game stayed the same no matter how many times you played it. Would you still be playing that game after say a year or 2? Would you still be playing the same old super mario bros for 6 years straight? Or would you move on to Super mario 64? Change is inevitable and you must accept it, whether it is leaving the game or joining the evolution of that which is WoW. I've seen everything in this game from the release of battlegrounds to now. You play this game for fun, if you want to play the same game then I guess go play something else?
65 Night Elf Priest
08/29/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Réquiem
Yea, and alot of people see it that way.. I can see a few minor changes, but I mean come on.. How can they really expect for people to like the game, when they completely change it from what it was..

A "few minor changes" to "completely change it" all in one sentence? Confused much?

The talents changed, the game play itself is pretty much the same principle; even the in-game UI is the same as before. Going from two days ago to yesterday as a shadow priest was not difficult or hard to understand. It's remarkably similar.

Besides, aren't you quitting anyway? Why bother posting when you said last night you were definately quitting no matter what happens.
85 Human Warlock
All you crying and whining about this game. Its really getting annoying. You are all spoiled brats and have no idea how to play. This is a unique game thats pretty much topped all the other games out their... shut up already. You !@#$% in trade you ^-*!@ while playing in dungeons, you #$%^- on the forums...

SHUT UP!

you sound a little upset, tbh.
90 Worgen Druid
That's the big problem with the MMO model sadly, An expansion usually outright forces you to buy to get anything done, as the game completely changes. WoW is worlds apart from what it was like in Classic. MMO's tend to look veeeeeeeeeery different the longer they go on, just the nature of the beast.

Not really much you can do but move on if you don't like it. Unsub then leave.

Heck I'm not buying MoP outta the gate because I'm 90% sure Boarderlands 2 is going to consume a portion of my soul.
65 Night Elf Priest
08/29/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Watchmeheal
Imagine if a game stayed the same no matter how many times you played it. Would you still be playing that game after say a year or 2? Would you still be playing the same old super mario bros for 6 years straight? Or would you move on to Super mario 64? Change is inevitable and you must accept it, whether it is leaving the game or joining the evolution of that which is WoW. I've seen everything in this game from the release of battlegrounds to now. You play this game for fun, if you want to play the same game then I guess go play something else?

I agree and made a reply on the same fact: If this game was still like vanilla or BC in the form of talents adn speccs, it would of gotten old 5 years ago and probably be a ghost town. Change keeps most normal people interested.
Community Manager
We have these sorts of concerns and threads every expansion or every major patch that makes additions and changes. We understand that there are those that love and embrace change and others that don't or take a bit longer to adjust. It's the very nature of these types of development for MMOs.

There are a few things to keep in mind though as you're experiencing these things for the first time (if you are experiencing it for the first time.)

First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive. Telling us that you don't like something without specifics is just unhelpful. Also, using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate for the forums. Again, if you want to share your thoughts and ideas, we're always open to what those are.

Next, it's important to keep in mind that much like with previous expansions, you're only getting one part of the overall picture. There's a lot more coming with the release of Mists of Pandaria, and we are aware things aren't going to feel "quite right" right now to some people. As the rest of the systems and design are released with the expansion, some of that unease or apprehension may well go away.

Lastly, we have been doing our best to convey what's coming for some time now. We have the beta going and the PTR that was available for those that wanted to test things out. We've taken into account a lot of that feedback on many fronts over the development of this expansion, and as always, we don't plan to simply stop working on it just because we've patched. The design team is always working on finding ways to improve the experience for all players. This is no small task though.

This isn't a new game. It's an evolving one and much like a fine wine, we'd like to think it's only getting better with age. It's understandable though that not everyone will enjoy the changes we've made, but we'd like to hope that if they don't they'll take the time to get a good feel for the changes and go into it with an open mind. Hopefully, the next step for these people is to share their constructive feedback as always. We just released the patch after all, and we'd hope that people would give it a little time before immediately deciding they're unhappy. We are also not unaware of things that may need fixed or adjusted. Again, constructive feedback is key and we'll continue to smooth things over as quickly as possible.
10 Gnome Rogue
08/29/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Watchmeheal
Imagine if a game stayed the same no matter how many times you played it.

We get things change, really. What you don't seem to get is sometimes things change for the better and sometimes they change for the worse. Many of the changes that have come about since LK have been for the worse according to many of us.
Edited by Glítch on 8/29/2012 9:34 AM PDT
85 Orc Hunter
These kinda changes happen in every expansion.
Based on this thread I'd say you haven't experienced them
before and aren't fond of them. You'll get over it just like we
all do :)
90 Human Paladin
08/29/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Nethaera
We have these sorts of concerns and threads every expansion or every major patch that makes additions and changes. We understand that there are those that love and embrace change and others that don't or take a bit longer to adjust. It's the very nature of these types of development for MMOs.

This, right here. This.

Thanks Neth.
08/29/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Glítch
We get things change, really. What you don't seem to get is sometimes things change for the better and sometimes they change for the worse. Many of the changes that have come about since LK have been for the worse according to many of us.

Change for the better, or change for the worse. It's all subjective. You either like the changes or you don't. If you don't like change AT ALL, you shouldn't be playing this game because it is an ever-evolving system.
90 Undead Warrior

There are a few things to keep in mind though as you're experiencing these things for the first time (if you are experiencing it for the first time.)

First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive. Telling us that you don't like something without specifics is just unhelpful. Also, using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate for the forums. Again, if you want to share your thoughts and ideas, we're always open to what those are.

Next, it's important to keep in mind that much like with previous expansions, you're only getting one part of the overall picture. There's a lot more coming with the release of Mists of Pandaria, and we are aware things aren't going to feel "quite right" right now to some people. As the rest of the systems and design are released with the expansion, some of that unease or apprehension may well go away.

Lastly, we have been doing our best to convey what's coming for some time now. We have the beta going and the PTR that was available for those that wanted to test things out. We've taken into account a lot of that feedback on many fronts over the development of this expansion, and as always, we don't plan to simply stop working on it just because we've patched. The design team is always working on finding ways to improve the experience for all players. This is no small task though.

This isn't a new game. It's an evolving one and much like a fine wine, we'd like to think it's only getting better with age. It's understandable though that not everyone will enjoy the changes we've made, but we'd like to hope that if they don't they'll take the time to get a good feel for the changes and go into it with an open mind. Hopefully, the next step for these people is to share their constructive feedback as always. We just released the patch after all, and we'd hope that people would give it a little time before immediately deciding they're unhappy. We are also not unaware of things that may need fixed or adjusted. Again, constructive feedback is key and we'll continue to smooth things over as quickly as possible.

Exactly. If you guys kept things the same was as they were during Vanilla, people would stop playing.

I often link the WoW vanilla talent trees just to remind people that there was an era where you seriously did not have any meaningful choices with your talents:

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=talents.View&category_select_id=10
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]