I didn't want a new game.- 5.0.4 Feedback

100 Undead Mage
08/29/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Nethaera
Also, using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate for the forums.

I fully agree with your statement, but I will quibble that there was no actual profanity involved in his post. Pejorative? Yes. Profane? Not in any sense that the MPAA or any other censoring authority would define as such. If you want to moderate against pejorative terms, I think you're going to need a bigger boat.

But then again, I'm just a quibbler.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I really don't see a "new game". That's just ridiculous. There are some different nuances, but hardly what I would call a radical change.
100 Human Mage
No video game in the history of video games has ever accomplished the one goal every developer has set for themselves: The ability to make every single player around the world happy with the game.

As someone has been here since the Molten Core patch in Vanilla and has Beta Tested Mists of Pandaria, I can say that I am absolutely excited about this expansion. I've seen a lot of system changes from Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm, but I think what frustrates players is the addition of a lot of new things at once.

Each class, each expansion, received a handful of new spells and abilities while current class mechanics had changes that could be adapted to easily. Mists, with the talent and glyph system revamp kind of unloaded a LOT of new abilities or reworked mechanics on the player base all at once.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. So things about your class changed, but for me, it's the challenge of re-learning your class.. or better put, re-exploring the way your class handles and to develop a new playstyle from it, because let's face it... pushing the same buttons over and over and using the same mechanics for each spec becomes boring. You have to switch it up to make it interesting and I think Mists does that.

For example, Im used to Frost being the PvP spec for mages so I tried it out. There were times where I forgot I had Frost Orb, Frost Bomb, Frost Jaw and a lot of the new spells. But I started to work them into a rotation and found out I had a huge level of control. I went into a 48 minute duel against a Paladin as we both never ran out of mana and couldn't kill each other. Playing with the new glyphs and testing them is fun as well as I can develop a unique playstyle that fits me versus the old cookie cutter talent specs we had before.

The system isn't perfect and no system Blizzard comes up with ever will be, but to dismiss it when the patch has been out for 24 hours and not taking the time to actually have fun with the changes is jumping the gun quite a bit.
90 Draenei Shaman
Constructive feed back: I don't like the game now because of the following reasons...

Enhance shamans are broken, we lost to much dps as things are, I lost 3500 AP and am doing around 7k less dps. (Warriors although not as nerfed are not viable for anything other than tanking atm.)

Totems need to be brought back because we are far to situational now, we cannot compete with any other classes now concerning buffs.

Our healing attacks seem more geared toward PvP so basically survival will not be a problem but our damage output would be making us far lower on the priority list for a raid.

Priest chakra didn't need another changing, as well we didn't need a root or any other such thing.
85 Night Elf Druid
Love all the lowbie alt morons who are like, "zOmg guys its so dumbed down" The old system never took intelligence to do, not to hard to look at a talent that says increases that move you use damage by 105150% and think hm i may want that.

The only people afraid of the change are the dumb ones who are afraid of not having pre defined talents for them on a website.
90 Tauren Shaman
I understand OP. I love this game, I really do. I want to continue to love it, I don't want to stop playing. Everyone else may turn up their nose and go 'Well just leave already' but I don't want to! I love my priest, nothing makes me happy like going out and healing my allies on her. But when I play her now I'm not happy, I don't feel excited about pushing myself to new heights and maybe achieving something new.

I, for the record, ran into the same problem on the Beta. I leveled a monk from 1 to 80, a premade Shaman to 90, and a Pally to 90. I got my priest through the first zone and stopped, because it was just saddening. I was excited for Mists, so much so that I got the annual pass and defending the new talent changes on the forums and yet, here I am now, wanting next to nothing to do with the expansion. And I hate that I feel that way. I want to enjoy the game, I want to enjoy my priest, and I want to go into the next expansion as excited as I was for Cata. I don't want to play a new game, I want to enjoy this one.

As Neth said in her post, the key is to outline actual grievances. Just saying "I'm not having fun" isn't exactly helpful. You wrote two lengthy paragraph but noted nothing specifically that was leading you to your overall impression.
90 Night Elf Rogue
08/29/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Tewa
The system isn't perfect and no system Blizzard comes up with ever will be, but to dismiss it when the patch has been out for 24 hours and not taking the time to actually have fun with the changes is jumping the gun quite a bit.

Except that these changes have been in the public consciousness for a while now, thanks to the beta text and sites like mmo-champ.

This isn't a knee-jerk reaction. It's been a rising crescendo of dislike for a while. Blizzard just chose to ignore the feelings of their customers.

If you have previously voiced displeasure, you haven't been ignored. They just disagreed with you. Sometimes, to make the game better (well, most of the time), you have to make changes that some people won't like. Most people will figure out what's new, and adjust. Some sticks-in-the-mud will complain on the forums without giving the changes a try.
92 Undead Death Knight
the only thing i'm seeing here is WAAAAAAH CHANGE IS SCARY MAKE IT STOP
90 Tauren Shaman
08/29/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Airdecioll
Enhance shamans are broken, we lost to much dps as things are, I lost 3500 AP and am doing around 7k less dps. (Warriors although not as nerfed are not viable for anything other than tanking atm.)

Classes are often broken in the patch leading up to an expansion. It's because skills are introduced that are designed around the next max level in mind. It's unfortunate, but it's happened in all previous expansions.
39 Human Hunter
the glitches are bad. worse than cata was . my charactor screet is jumpy abd all my action keys go in and out. never had these issues. i hope it will be resolved
85 Dwarf Rogue
No video game in the history of video games has ever accomplished the one goal every developer has set for themselves: The ability to make every single player around the world happy with the game.

As someone has been here since the Molten Core patch in Vanilla and has Beta Tested Mists of Pandaria, I can say that I am absolutely excited about this expansion. I've seen a lot of system changes from Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm, but I think what frustrates players is the addition of a lot of new things at once.

Each class, each expansion, received a handful of new spells and abilities while current class mechanics had changes that could be adapted to easily. Mists, with the talent and glyph system revamp kind of unloaded a LOT of new abilities or reworked mechanics on the player base all at once.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. So things about your class changed, but for me, it's the challenge of re-learning your class.. or better put, re-exploring the way your class handles and to develop a new playstyle from it, because let's face it... pushing the same buttons over and over and using the same mechanics for each spec becomes boring. You have to switch it up to make it interesting and I think Mists does that.

For example, Im used to Frost being the PvP spec for mages so I tried it out. There were times where I forgot I had Frost Orb, Frost Bomb, Frost Jaw and a lot of the new spells. But I started to work them into a rotation and found out I had a huge level of control. I went into a 48 minute duel against a Paladin as we both never ran out of mana and couldn't kill each other. Playing with the new glyphs and testing them is fun as well as I can develop a unique playstyle that fits me versus the old cookie cutter talent specs we had before.

That is how I feel leveling is for, learning your class as you advance up, learning new skills and seeing how they work. It isn't remotely fun to have to relearn your class after you level, because the point of leveling was learning your class. I feel that is part of the problem, but really my issue is the big three, lackluster talents for my main class, a cheap world event, and gylphs that break the market once again.

Really I was happy about the new mounts, monks, pandarians, and even the awesome Asian feel of the new continent. I log in with hesitation as I was following annoyed about rogues and decided to see for my self if my fear were true. It was worse, I not a fan of the over stuff spell book, I prefer the three school method, that is exponentially helpful for a caster class and knowing about the different schools of magic and the lockouts during interrupts. Not only that knowing on my Ret that holy is where I could find my healing spells was helpful than having to read through each spell to see it. It is these little things that are bothering me, you can't expect us to give us a big meal and then skip out on the condiments, silverware, and plates, it feels like the little things have gone past the beta and it is ruining the game. I have little hope for the next expansion since it is already foreshadow by our talents they will once again rework it.
90 Tauren Warrior
08/29/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Airdecioll
(Warriors although not as nerfed are not viable for anything other than tanking atm.)

They arent broke.... you are just doing it wrong
90 Night Elf Priest
Basically what it all boils down to is some people don't adapt well with change. For me, change makes things fresh.

I like the new talent system. Before, whenever I looked at players talents on the forums in each class, every damn one of them were the same spec and had the exact same glyphs. Especially the mini/maxers. I am having a blast on my hunter with the exception of the bugged dailies. =/
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
"This isn't a new game. It's an evolving one and much like a fine wine, we'd like to think it's only getting better with age."

Sweet dreams!
Yeah because googling the best spec for your class is the epitome of deep and complex gameplay.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]