Battle Pet Training

85 Orc Warrior
I am lost... in my spell book it says to go and see my trainer.

So, I went to see my trainer but it turned out that I can't "train" there anymore.

How do I train my pet then?
What happened to the abilities my pet had already learned?

When I'm in combat now it feels like my pet is not as strong as it used to be, and my arcane shots seem to be considerably less powerful.

In short, any help and advise is much appreciated, thanks :)
Reply Quote
21 Blood Elf Mage
Pet battles aren't coming until MoP is out in a month. Be patient. You shall have your pokeWoW soon.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
08/29/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Maranxen
Pet battles aren't coming until MoP is out in a month. Be patient. You shall have your pokeWoW soon.

OH figures, at least we can name our pets now.

I thought something else was wrong :)
Reply Quote
21 Blood Elf Mage
Yeah. I tried it too once I got past the BE start town. Looks like you'll have to make sure you have the expansion all set and ready to go on the 25th (or later obviously) in order to access it. On the plus side we already have monk trainers running around. Rofl.
Edited by Maranxen on 8/29/2012 11:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
30 Orc Warlock
I was wondering the same thing. The spell says to go see trainer, and then the trainer's option is grayed out when I speak to them. They said in Patch 5.0.4 that the battle pet system would be up and running so why is it not working for me? Is it because I am a warlock and already have minions? Or did they just create the pet trainers with no way of actually being trained by them until the release of MoP?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Thanks for the replies.

Leaves me with one question: where and how do I "train" my hunter pet? Or don't I need to do that anymore now?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Thanks for the replies.

Leaves me with one question: where and how do I "train" my hunter pet? Or don't I need to do that anymore now?

You pick a spec and go.
Edited by Vulonorok on 8/29/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
41 Human Hunter
08/29/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Maranxen

I want a Pikasnooze!
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Hunter
Thanks for the replies.

We haven't needed the trainers for that in ages. The only thing the trainers were used for in the last expansion were to reset our pets' talent trees, if needed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

I want a Pikasnooze!

Can I have a Pickanose? LOL
Edited by Nazagruki on 9/1/2012 11:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Blood Elf Rogue
Really, where are these monk trainers?
Reply Quote
41 Night Elf Rogue
so i am a rogue and my character does not come with a pet and it says to go see a trainer for that, does that mean I have to buy a pet from a trainer?
Reply Quote
18 Night Elf Mage
I have visited the battle pet trainer, she tells me to go out and train a pet. I click on animals with green-paws but nothing happens. Help appreciated!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have visited the battle pet trainer, she tells me to go out and train a pet. I click on animals with green-paws but nothing happens. Help appreciated!

You need to right click, I believe to start the battle. Also nacro thread :D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I know it's a necro, but everyone who wants to know about Pet Battles should read:

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1179/pet-battles-and-you-a-trainers-manual
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/30/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Dumbek

Legit question but do not post in old threads like this. It's a forum rule violation.

Please visit Battle Pet Forum if you have other questions. There are lots of threads there with good information that you can use to get into pet battling!

Good luck.
Reply Quote
18 Night Elf Mage
Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]