Dps are crying nerf

90 Blood Elf Priest
I've seen a lot of dps crying to nerf all healers for pvp's sake. Do you think that will/should happen?
Reply Quote
65 Dwarf Shaman
Same story happened when 4.0 was released. They simply changed resilience for the time being that time, without touching healing (RShaman stacking resil = gg that day). At most I'd expect them to tune down the base resilience until MoP release, but I don't foresee changes actually happening.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Blizzard isn't in the habit of making changes for non-max level pvp. Right now the max level is effectively 90, even though MoP isn't out.

As far as 90 pvp, I don't know the situation in beta but I doubt we'll see any changes until the pvp season has at least been under way a couple weeks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I hope we keep some loving because healing in bg's really wasn't fun in Cata. It was a combo of everyone having healers must die addon combined with dps having the "skill" to hit their cc buttons meant we spent a whole lot of time being useless. I know we can "juke" interrupts but when you got 6 dps on you because of an addon telling them to get you, there's nothing you can do.
Reply Quote
87 Human Priest
08/29/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Mystickal
I hope we keep some loving because healing in bg's really wasn't fun in Cata. It was a combo of everyone having healers must die addon combined with dps having the "skill" to hit their cc buttons meant we spent a whole lot of time being useless. I know we can "juke" interrupts but when you got 6 dps on you because of an addon telling them to get you, there's nothing you can do.

It's still going to be the same though.

The difference I'm seeing right now, as opposed to pre-5.0 Priests(I don't play other healing classes), is the ability to actually get away from Rogues/Warriors/DKs, which is something we could have only dreamed of in the past. But, as soon as you gang up on a Priest and rid him of his mobility, that Priest is as good as dead.

I've went from full health to dead several times in the past 2 days.

DPS complain because we can get back to full in one or 2 global, and this is true for every healing class. They don't realize though, that we can die within one stunlock. I've had several Rogues Garrote me down to about 30% health(Can't cast PS while Garroted), then followed with a 5 second kidney to my death.

The moral of the story is, if you want to kill a healer, then control that healer. You ain't gonna outdps his heals. And that's how it should be.
Edited by Jookz on 8/29/2012 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Ok I play both heals and dps on my 85 priest and my new priest both for pve and pvp. I have to say our heals are very strong right now. Lightspring and/or renew alnone are more than enough to keep anyone alive and allow you to kill anything.

This brings me to point number 2. On the priest I'm leveling (currently 72) I did top dps ib a dungeon with a shadow priest, hunter, dk, and Druid tank just spamming smite as holy while letting lightspring heal up the tank when he dropped down a bit.

On the bg front, for low levels anyway, disc priests and holy pallies are always top in damage and killing blows. I wad repeatedly one shot at 72 by a holy paladin. This is just wrong. Healers should not put damage dps classes on either front. Now as for pvp healing, when I play shadow I can kill most heals at that level assuming I don't die. A well placed silence and offensive dispels makes it interesting but doable.

I am all for a slight buff to smite damage or for helping out heals but the current state of this is just ludicrous. This is coming from a long time healer I'm still pretty new to the dps end.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I apologize for the spelling in the post above. Phones aren't the greatest for typing long posts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing in pvp is so ez a blind monkey can do it! This is what happens when the mistake of healing crit bonus % increase was made earlier in Cata. One crit = full hp. Healers are to blame for this for crying for the buff during Cata. This game's pvp is terrible and will remain so because of the fact that it has been declining ever since the health pools have been increased with each expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/30/2012 06:10 PMPosted by Palinchron
Healing in pvp is so ez a blind monkey can do it! This is what happens when the mistake of healing crit bonus % increase was made earlier in Cata. One crit = full hp. Healers are to blame for this for crying for the buff during Cata. This game's pvp is terrible and will remain so because of the fact that it has been declining ever since the health pools have been increased with each expansion.

That's ridiculous, any competent dps will easily shut you down with all the stuns, fears, silences, counter spells, etc, etc, etc, that are available to almost every single class. Healing is actually in a balanced spot right now simply because of all the interrupts and crowd control; healing deserves to be powerful and I hope it remains that way at 90.

Also, healers are the tanks of pvp, so they should be strong!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Honestly, the op "healing" healers were doing was fine when you take into account how long you can be CC-chained for. It's really frustrating having some random Spriest/Mage combo CC me for well over a minute.

and who can forget the death knight healing debuff ontop of all that. -_-
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Enough said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCrSBT5nd0&feature=g-u-u
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOCrSBT5nd0&feature=g-u-u

no, that huntard doesnt kno what tranq shot or widow venom is.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I never enjoy PVP healing even remotely as well as I do in these between times like 4.0 and 5.04. Yes, its overpowered right now to be able to easily heal the damage of 1-3 players and then be able to take them down one at a time. However, it feels lame in normal times that other than spamming heals all I can do is at most CC. Giving us the option to switch to DPSing sometimes is a good thing. Not letting us do even enough damage to make a dent against the minor healing of a DPS player is depressing.

There should really be a happy medium. I know other games have healers that can do damage without breaking the game, and it doesn't seem unreasonable to have that in WoW. The problem is that we have to handle so much damage with our heals in PVE that when those heals make their way onto PVP battles they almost trivialize any but the most extreme damage. The simple answer is that without enormous changes to the way PVP healing works we're gonna be going back to being heal-bots that get focused by every DPS on the opposing team and be the first to die in any situation while being CC'd 24/7 and unable to do anything about it. That is not fun.

I think its unreasonable to expect this problem to get solved by the time MoP comes out. Its much too big that.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
08/29/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Mystickal
I've seen a lot of dps crying to nerf all healers for pvp's sake. Do you think that will/should happen?

Let them cry. It's what they do best.
Reply Quote
Until they tone down HP and Crit, then no. It should stay as it is. To me personally, healing in pvp should just give longevity to a inevitable death. But on the other side, the DPS shouldn't simply be able to 3 or 4 shot someone.

This would make it required for healers to pay attention to health pools more and simultaneously heal a heavily damaged player (assuming there's more than one healer).

With this view, even if you had 3 healers healing one dps, if there are 3 enemy players attacking that dps, that dps would still eventually die. Meaning 1 healer in pvp would not be able to out-heal 1 dps's damage. It would just be enough to prolong his life for x minutes on average (x could be a fraction). So maybe for every ~1000 damage a dps does, a healer could heal ~500 of that damage. That doesn't include unknowns like cool downs or gear advantages.

Now I don't know what the coefficients would be, or any specifics but I think that's how it should be.

Being able to crit someone with a heal for 89,000 hp is allowed because mages can shatter you for 98,000 and etc ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Normally, under almost any circumstances, I make fun of people who complain about healers being OP in PvP.

"Waaah! I can't kill a healer!" Excuse me, friend, have you heard of this newfangled thing called an 'interrupt'? It works best when you sandwich it between your 'crowd control' abilities. Try it!

But...right now, at this precise moment on September 5, 2012, shortly after the release of 5.0.4, after the PvP healing hotfix and before the release of 5.1, I believe that level 85 healers are overpowered in PvP. Do I think anything needs to be done about it? No. It will resolve itself naturally 3 weeks from now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
im healing heroic dungeons in shadow form and taking 3rd to 4th in dps. yeah its op atm. i am also a poop priest and just rolled shadow to be cheap. it worked because i am beating people that i could never beat before.
Edited by Killapreist on 9/6/2012 2:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I mostly play a dps (feral) in BGs, although I do heal on the rare occasion as well. I'm in full cata PvP gear in both.

Healing is fine. If you feel OP in a BG, it's for one of few possibly complementary reasons:
1) Your team is really good a peeling at the right times.
2) You have more healers than the other team, and your dps is drastically better.
3) The other team's dps is terribad and don't know how to assist, cc, or interrupt.

There's really not that much difference between now and pre-5.04 patch. If you face good dps, you're going to die quickly, and a lot. Most of the people you face in BGs don't CC, at all. Never mind timing their CC for times when you're in the kill zone from a bit of coordinated burst.

As I said, I've seen it from both sides. The difference is all in the skill (assuming equal gear) of the players you're fighting.

Edit: I'm talking about current max level PvP (85). No idea what it's like in the sub-85 brackets.
Edited by Baezle on 9/6/2012 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]