Softbank - Login Failed Too many attempts

48 Tauren Warrior
I still cannot use it, I was able to for about an hour after updating to iOS6, but then it started to give me the message again.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warrior
softbank
iphone4
iOS5

i hope that a blizzard solves this problem early.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
• softbank
• iphone4
•In Japan
• using 3G

Always getting the following message when trying to log in :(

"Log in failed Too many attempts"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Same here, softbank 3g network in Japan. Used to work fine about 2 weeks back. Had not had a chance to test on wifi yet.

Another thing is even though it doesn't allow me to log in from the mobile app, when I log into the game using the client software I would see my remote chat avatar being online, sometimes randomly after a server restart too. Does that mean the app login sequence is constantly stuck in a loop and constantly logging my id into the game?
Reply Quote
79 Pandaren Monk
I am in Okinawa, Japan and experiencing the same issue "Login Failed, Too many attempts" on 3G and LTE networks but I can authenticate through the website over these networks.

Carrier: SoftBank (3G/WiMax or LTE)
Mobile Device: iPhone 5 (iOS 6)

Any updates on this?
Edited by Bamboo on 9/27/2012 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hi there,

Can you please give any updates to the progress?

I've been checking every day!! Thanks so much
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Getting locked out of my account when I try to use the mobile app on AT&T iPhone 4 OS5
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Rogue
Just sticking my head back wondering if there is any word on a fix for this issue. I've been following the thread after previously posting, and this problem still persists. It is long overdue for a fix. Yet, we still haven't heard any definitive word on what is causing this problem or a timetable for a fix. I know Japan may not seem like a crucial area for Blizzard since its not really a "WoW" country, but you have many military (me) and others out here who love WoW, play religiously on American and Oceanic servers, and had gotten used to the convenience that having the mobile armory gave. The lack of updates or info on the status, coupled with the fact that personally, this has lasted nearly 2 months, is very frustrating, especially with the new expansion released. Will this get some priority? I'm using the Iphone 4 on Softbanks 3G network in the Zama/Yokohama/Tokyo area. The armory works fine on WiFi here at my house and while I was home visiting the states the past couple weeks, yet as soon as trying to log in under 3G the "Too Many Attempts" error comes up. Please FIX!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
plz plz help me ;(
same situation above Japan softbank 3G iphone v6.0
I really need your help!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm also on Sotbank in Japan with an iPhone 4. Been having this issue for sometime now. Any update on what the statu of getting this fixed is? I used to use this app quite often, now it's worthless.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Same for me. I'm using an iPhone 4S on the Softbank network in Kumamoto. I started playing again recently, but I've been unable to access the mobile app at all.

Back in Cataclysm, I never had a problem with it on wifi or 3G.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Same as most of the above. Stationed in Okinawa Japan. iPhone 4S on SoftBank, over 3G login failed to many attempts. Works over wifi, but don't have wifi at work so I lose out on the real point of having the app :P atleast to me
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Interesting. I'm with Softbank in Japan as well, been getting the error since the day I got here. (mid-July) It'll occasionally work with Wi-Fi but if I lose the connection, turn off my phone or use 3G I get the error for at least 7-8 days. Quite annoying!!

iPhone 4S
iOS 6

bumping for a fix.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I should also mention that I'm unable to login on my iPhone or iPad on my network at home either. Basically, just can not use the Mobile Armory app at all in my area of Japan it seems.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We believe we've addressed this, so please recheck this login issue and let me know if it's still a problem or not.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Just tried to log on, but I still get the same error.

Thank you for continuing to work on this for us though!

EDIT: Just some more information, I was attempting to log in over wifi. I'll try it on the 3G network when I get a chance.
Edited by Fuurinkazan on 10/17/2012 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Rogue
Nope, still not working...just tried it, same error message. It's crazy, because I'm typing this on my iphone4 (authenticated to log on) and it works, yet the mobile armory on the same phone doesn't. This issue has persisted far too long, any chance on just updating the app from blizzards end to rectify this?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I can now log in to my battlenet on my phone using the Internet /website BUT wow armory still has the same error.

Seems its half fixed ;) getting there.

Thank you
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
10/17/2012 10:12 PMPosted by Onala
Nope, still not working...just tried it, same error message. It's crazy, because I'm typing this on my iphone4 (authenticated to log on) and it works, yet the mobile armory on the same phone doesn't. This issue has persisted far too long, any chance on just updating the app from blizzards end to rectify this?

This isn't an app issue, it has to do with some IPs in Japan. We deployed a potential fix that seems to have at least cleared it a bit, but we're still investigating all of the reports.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]