Softbank - Login Failed Too many attempts

Blizzard Employee
Please post here with details if you're in Japan and are still experiencing connection issues.
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Rogue
Just tried it yet again, same issue , same login error. My info is unchanged from my previous posts in this thread: Iphone 4/Softbank/3G/ Sagamihara-Yokohama area. It is still immediately bringing up the "too many logins" error when I log in over 3G, yet it works on my home Wi-Fi like a charm. But as another poster mentioned, i don't need it while I'm home, I need it when out and about.
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Rogue
Also to add, my friend had an iphone 4, (same details, Softbank/3G/ Sagamihara-Yokohama area) and the mobile armory didn't work. He got the iphone 5 last week and he says the mobile armory is working fine now...
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Yes, this is an IP issue.
Edited by Wilebosk on 10/31/2012 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Still getting the same issue on both wifi & 3G. I'm using Softbank and have an iphone 4s. I'm down in Kumamoto on Kyushu in Japan.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I have a similar issue with my Iphone. When i'm connected to wifi I'm able to use the app, but if I'm using 3G then i will receive the "too many login attempts" message.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
Same issue here. I'm Softbank with an iPhone 4S. Thanks for working on this.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Same problem, located in Tokyo Japan, ISP is KDDI / au, thank you for working on a fix for this!
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Just chiming in here. I'm in Tokyo as well - SoftBank. On an iphone4. I can't log in.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Iphone 4s
iOS 6.0
Softbank - Japan

Same issue
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'm still having this issue. Using an iPhone 4 on SoftBank down in Hiroshima. Can't get the app to work on my wifi at home either. Hope it can get fixed soon. Downloaded the recent update today (ver. 5.1), still no change.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Hello fellow wow addicts. Like you I'm a resident of Japan using softbank service for both ipad and iphone. Since blizzard is unfortunately taking entirely to long to resolve this issue I am going to mention an easy work around for you that can help resolve your issue. If you want to utilize the mobile armory, install an iphone app like VPN Express. It has a free trial so you can give it a run, then you purchase how much usage you want. Mobile armory doesn't use much so spending 85 yen for 2 gb will last awhile. Once you've set up the VPN you can toggle it on or off from the settings menu. Enable it when you want to use mobile armory, turn it off to conserve your VPN usage when you're not. It will allow you to use the service so it's worth your looking into. If you don't know about VPN servers, they run your service through different servers utilizing U.S. or U.K. ips therefore bypassing the blocked asian ip issue blizzard has mentioned in the blue posts above.

P.S. Blizzard, get this fixed for us please. This method works, but shouldn't be required.

Darch
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm having the same problem.
iPhone 4 with SoftBank, also iPad 2 with Japanese ip.

Why this isn't something we can unlock on our own is beyond me
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Darch, I was going to give that suggestion too, but, when using a VPN, doesn't all your data (password, login info, even authenticator code) go through the third party server? I think the majority of VPN servers (especially ones charging a fee) would be fine, people should probably be aware.

Wilebosk, any recent developments on this? On a side note, I was in Osaka last weekend and the Wifi at my hotel worked for the armory, not sure which IP it was, but something to note as well. Please fix soon :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Darch, I was going to give that suggestion too, but, when using a VPN, doesn't all your data (password, login info, even authenticator code) go through the third party server? I think the majority of VPN servers (especially ones charging a fee) would be fine, people should probably be aware.

Wilebosk, any recent developments on this? On a side note, I was in Osaka last weekend and the Wifi at my hotel worked for the armory, not sure which IP it was, but something to note as well. Please fix soon :)

No new developments, but I am following up with the engineers involved in this every week. I will keep you informed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ryuuta,

You are 100% correct, all of the data would have to go through their servers in order to be fed to the Blizzard servers and allow you to log in. I'm pretty much in agreement with you about pay VPN's. It's relatively easy to find well established long running VPNs. I'm certainly no fan of letting my information run through third party places however our login IDs are relatively easy for anyone to obtain now days. Giving away your password to a third party is hardly ideal, yet another reason to desire a fix, but fortunately, unless i'm mistaken(Wilebosk please chime in), the mobile authenticator isn't utilized by the mobile armory service and therefore none of the information related to that random generation should even be accessed by the VPN server.

As an additional note which I mentioned before. If you choose to utilize this option I only recommend turning on VPN for when you need to use armory and then turn it off as soon as you finish. VPN servers slow down your connection and while the speed is adequate for mobile armory it is unacceptable for general web surfing. In conjunction with what Ryuuta mentioned above, you are running all information submitted through a third party server so if you leave your VPN active while sending or receiving emails, or making web purchases such information will be fed through the VPN server. This isn't the perfect work around but it's one of the best options we have right now for using the service while mobile.

Darch
Edited by Darch on 11/6/2012 11:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Just a quick message to say that, as of right now, the armory app is working on my iPhone 4 through SoftBank. Hope it stays working! Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I've been able to log in over wifi now since last night. I tried on 3G, but it was timing out on me. That might have just been low bandwidth though rather than anything connected to this issue.

Thanks for continuing to work on this!
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Rogue
Just tried now....and it worked!! Iphone5, SoftBank LTE Zama/Sagamihara/Yokohama area. Lets just hope it continues to work.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Glad to hear this issue is resolved for you some of you. We sent out a number of emails over the past couple weeks to collect information and it's paid off. Cheers!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]