5.0.4 Performance Issue (Similar to D3 Beta)

(Locked)

90 Orc Hunter
09/10/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Omegal
and i still find hostility in this thread going on.

People hate when you state the obvious. You are preaching to the choir. They are hostile against Blizzard.
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
and i still find hostility in this thread going on.

People hate when you state the obvious. You are preaching to the choir. They are hostile against Blizzard.

And said people should know full well that is not an excuse to assail any other player. If you have a problem withe Blizzard's actions, voice the opinion in the forums about the action(s), or voice your opnion in one of the feedback methods by opening a ticket. But don't go attacking another player trying to disseminate information that is relevant to whatever issue you may be having. All that does is make them not want to come back and help you the next time you're stuck in a bind.

I too got the same attacks on me, and I almost decided to let the users here rot for their actions, but decided against it since I like helping. Those who post here in the tech support forums do so because they enjoy seeing others' issues resolved. They don't get rewards for it. They don't get free game time or free anything. All they get is the satisfaction of knowing that they made a difference somewhere to somebody else.

You folks might want to consider that the next time you think about ripping another player apart for trying to help. I would also remind others that such attacks will very likely in the near future start resulting in forum vacations, since you're actively disrupting a support thread in doing so. The CMs here have limited time to do their job, and sifting through the noise in a support thread makes that job much harder. So be warned: attack other players over here in any tech support area, and risk losing your posting privileges.
Edited by Tiapriestess on 9/10/2012 7:29 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
So can we assume that this is fixed in tomorrow downtime?
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
09/10/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Dräconian

We can certainly cross our fingers for it. But odds are it's a good bet since Blizzard isn't going to want this continuing to linger much longer.
Support Forum Agent
Well said Tia! Thanks for being very constructive about this.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
09/10/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Dräconian

Probably. Usually when they upload the done patch files to the retail patch server, they are set for deployment the very next long maintenance period. however there is still that off chance something goes wrong and they delay it, pull those files, and redo it. I suspect this is why blizz never actually announces it. it's just usually sites like mmo or private people like me, who monitor the patch servers very closely, who give hint or warning a patch is forthcoming.
09/10/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Machkhan
Well said Tia! Thanks for being very constructive about this.
WEWT!!!
14 Worgen Mage
Omegal did you not read thru all of Sqweet post:

Just an update.

Running on beta server on my rMBP. I had not capped my FPS and was still seeing high temperatures (though still lower than before).

Once I set the MAXFPS to 35, I saw a huge improvement. Temps are hovering between 75C and 85C on the CPU and 70C and 78C on the GPU. Before capping the FPS, I was still seeing temps between 90C and 100C on the CPU and 85C to 95C on the GPU.

Turns out I was getting insanely high FPS on the beta server. Over 60 in many cases.

At least for me, anything over 35 is pretty unnecessary and the game looks great at 35.

Another piece of feedback. Running at 2880 resolution, I can see very little difference between Good, High, and Ultra settings. To be honest, it's so slight its not noticeable. I saw very little difference in heat between Good, High, and Ultra settings as well.

Once this patch is live, I am going to be delighted. The Retina display at 2880 makes this game gorgeous. Unlike anything I ever saw on my old PC or prepatch on this new rMBP. They did an excellent job of utilizing the capabilities.

One more issue though, the graphic "noise" that squirrels all over the screen continues to be an issue. I saw on the beta forum that they are waiting on feedback from Apple and the hardware manufacturer for the video card to try and nail that one down. Annoying but certainly something you can play through.

He/she saw the improvement after he set his/her frame rate to 35 fps, is that not a cap? if not please explain in your great wisdom.
Stop being passive/aggressive.
90 Orc Hunter
09/10/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Tiapriestess
attack other players over here in any tech support area, and risk losing your posting privileges.

I have made no attacks on anyone. Perhaps others have. I always welcome all helpful posts that DO NOT; A) suggest someone else is stupid because of their lack of knowledge about a subject, or; B) belittle the way a person plays the game or the hardware they chose to use.

I also stated my opinion that people here are hostile because they have been very patient with Blizzard but their patience is wearing thin.
Edited by Asukazil on 9/10/2012 10:52 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
09/09/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Carroway
projected textures? What does this even -do-?

EDIT: I hopped on the beta and it's running smoothly. I was getting up to 150 fps before my fans even kicked on, then I limited it to about 50 and it's been running really well!

So glad to hear it!
100 Human Priest
his doesn't seem to be an option for everyone, since it requires xCode and command line tools, which are not available for 10.6.8, which I have =(

I'm running 10.6.8 as well.. crossing fingers they finally fix it by Tuesday

I'm on 10.6.8. because the new implementation of "Save As..." can bite me and my employer hard.

You don't need XCode but you do need command line tools. There is a way to get them to install on 10.6.8, and they work perfectly (I'm using the latest set downloaded in early September). Uh... Unfortunately I can't tell you how because it would probably break the Apple developer EULA like a haunted mirror. And I'm positive the iPolice can find me. Then the sleek-but-overpriced truncheons, and the beatings...

However! Nothing prevents me from gesturing meaningfully in the direction of your favorite search engine and musing that someone who went to search for some way of "Installing the Xcode Command Line Tools on Snow Leopard" could probably find something useful to help them. If they were careful and good. You know. Just saying.
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
i used command line tools on 10.5 and 10.6 just fine by installing xcode full package. unless you're on an SSD drive or a really slow connection, it's not that tedius, i am in fact on both and still did it heh.
Fingers crossed this fix goes live tonight (Australian time) if it does and I'm no longer overheating I might finally prepurchase MoP.
85 Blood Elf Hunter
nvm
Edited by Azleah on 9/10/2012 4:34 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter
nvm
Edited by Azleah on 9/10/2012 4:34 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Druid
Just wanted to say a big thank you, to the guys that figured out and implemented the command line fix, thus reducing the cpu usage of world of warcraft. It's been a great help for me. I see a real drop in cpu utilisation while running world of warcraft, on my macbook air 11" 2012 i7/8Gb/128Gb. Thanks Guys. =)
Edited by Jaggy on 9/10/2012 8:59 PM PDT
26 Draenei Shaman
So, no word if the fix will be released tomorrow... I just hope they do release it, because it would be pretty pathetic if they extend this to three weeks.
86 Night Elf Druid
According to mmo-champion, 5.0.5 will be tomorrow. However it looks like there's only tooltip fixes...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1194593-Patch-5-0-5-16048?p=18373383#post18373383

Also, according to a reply in my support ticket, this issue might not be fixed until MOP.

Hey again, Timbers!

This is XXX from Blizzard Technical Services and thank you for being so patient with us throughout this issue!!
[...]
I apologize if this information is not as helpful. By the time MoP releases, we will have determined the problem in the patch, and fix it. Just like what happened with Diablo III.

I will make sure that I keep you posted about this Mac issue. If I hear anything in our database or in forms, I will make sure you are notified whenever you reply back.

Thanks again for your patience, Timbers and have a nice day!

Sincerely, XXX

--I took out the support agent's name, in case this ends up being false.

If this ends up being the case, I will most likely unsubscribe.
Edited by Timbers on 9/11/2012 1:11 AM PDT
85 Tauren Druid
Hmmmm I know what you mean Timbers, I'm not too fussed about the $14 for the month I'm just spewing because I stopped playing WoW at the start of the year and have just come back, got a week of playing in levelling to 85 for MoP and now I'm out of action, I just got my addiction for WoW again talk about bad timing haha plus I don't want to miss Theramore @ 85!! Well its fixed in beta apparently so I'm sure it cant be hard to get it patched over to live tonight? Fingers crossed!
Edited by Snådge on 9/11/2012 2:03 AM PDT
99 Gnome Mage
My MBP downloaded the wow-0-16048-OSX-final.MPQ for the 'live' game this morning. Loaded up the client and let the login screen sit idle for 15 minutes.

CPU never spiked above 12% :)

Yay, I can play again! Well, when the realms are back up at least.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]