failed to download a required install file

90 Blood Elf Rogue
It keeps saying i failed to donwload a file, to check my internet connection , i have done this ive run it as administrator and everything, My internet is fine ive checked and checked it and it still says this,

The file it says i didnt download is
Http://distribution.blizzard.com.edgesuite.net/wow-pod/installdata.master.2/win_wow_enus_disk_unencrypted_win.blob

I get thsi everytime ive tried it 15 times already please help me
Reply Quote
bump, happening to me as well, even uninstalled/reinstalled can't even get past 4.0.0 and repair is broken too
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
bump, same here...
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Same problem. I have tried all the Tech Support suggestions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
sad thing is gf on same internet connection got hers all downloaded so isn't my net, she is fine but i cant no matter what i do get it to work,
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
ps i can get my repair to work but i can't get past this error message, I get past update tools i get past update setup files brings wow up with this error message every time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Found a fix for me at least do this

Selective Startup
Press Windows Key + R
Type msconfig
Click OK
In the General tab:
Choose Selective Startup
Disable (uncheck) Load startup items
Go to the Services tab
Check Hide all Microsoft Services
Click Disable all
Click OK
Click Restart
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
ps hope this helps
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Found a solution for me hope it works for you. delete everything except backgrounddownloder blizzard updater launcher repair and Wow.exe they are other files that say the same but only keep the ones that have a pic icon. And open Wow.exe when your done not the launcher.
Edited by Sonlock on 8/28/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
yea mine is doing the same thing ive tried about 20 + times and same i used my repair tool and it said that it was sucsessful but i tried again after and same thing failed to download
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]