Command Q is closing WoW.

90 Dwarf Priest
I have command Q as a keybind and since patch hit it keeps closing the program. Is this a bug?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
command q normally quits any app, you might have to rebind your key binds in your system preferences (:
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
they had this issue in beta as well ... supposedly a blue posted and said they informed mac team on it months ago
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
i hope they fix it soon...command is my mumble chat keybind and Q is movement..obviously a problem while playing
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
God I hope they fix that. Command Q is one of my main key binds.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Yeah, I was attempting to play on my laptop with trackpad and using the usual cmd-click for holding down right click, then I tapped 'q' to sidestep and was quite surprised to see WoW quit.
I know there's an option for "ignore system commands", but I haven't tested it (and it doesn't matter since I can no longer play on my laptop)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm wondering why more people don't report this as an issue. This was never a problem before, and is a MAJOR issue now. Its IMPOSSIBLE to pvp, since I've trained my brain from years of playing wow to use command to freelook and Q to sidestep.

Something must have changed - this was never an issue before MOP.

@Fibromyalgia the "ignore system commands" does nothing with this issue, unfortunately.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I've sent feedback up to the team about this. Thanks for the additional report on it!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well just as a heads up this is still a massive problem.

Also, I don't think blaming this on Mac is right, pretty sure that's a load of BS.

In old WoW quit was "Command + Shift + Q." Obviously, Apple didn't set that as their standard bind is just "Command + Q." Since nothing in the Apple OS magically changed overnight, I have to just assume Mists was shipped with their own keybind wrong. The fix should take less than 5 minutes and less than a millisecond of patch time to fix.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is being addressed in a future update. No ETA, but it is something coming.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/04/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Machkhan
This is being addressed in a future update. No ETA, but it is something coming.

Thanks for the info, good to hear.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Welp... I guess I don't have to return this macbook pro that I just bought about a week ago. Please fix asap :]
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Since it's a very fast .nib file change (don't try to do it yourself - you'll not be able to patch ever again if you do), the client team will likely have this ready for you folks when 5.1 rolls around.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]