Thank you Blizzard. Thank you for Cross-realm

90 Orc Shaman
Public RP on my realm is incredibly scarce. But today when I went to silvermoon I was amazed. I am happy I can go there and RP with people now. Thank you so much for this. It will really help my server.

I don't know whether or not if this was your goal but either way it is amazing. There may be annoying people running around spamming spells and stuff and trying to ruin it but they are greatly outnumbered.
Edited by Fenrus on 8/28/2012 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm surprised not as many people have thought of this. While I adore my server's RP community, it is a small one. This gives everyone the chance to RP no matter where they're from. I know some are against it (a group of friends and I were greeted with some hostility while visiting another realm) but I think it's an absolutely wonderful way to bring us all together to make one big community instead of us all being divided.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, the random rp may be better, but the chances of running into erpers and other annoying people has skyrocketed. I also did a reroll on a quieter server and now our nice quiet little area of Silvermoon is full of people. A large guild took over the Hall we were using as our guild Hall and now we are going to have to find a new location.

I moved here to get away from the flying chat screen and having to ignore half the population. If you can't opt out then at least give us an unlimited ignore feature.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That I do agree with. While I love the cross-realm myself, I know a lot of people transferred simply to get away from other servers. Having the option to stay in your own server's phase at all times wouldn't hurt anyone, and could be as easy as an on/off button. Plus, I'm not sure if it's just the newness of the patch or not, but doing anything cross-realm has been glitchy and such. It might mess with somone's gameplay if they don't have a very good computer. So while there are a lot of perks to it, there are also downsides, and having an on/off switch would make -everyone- happy.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I totally agree. The good things are wonderful, the bad part of it is the griefers I do not want to deal with. And what about the major cities thing? This is not true! The whole of Silvermoon is full of Wyrmrest Accord players, and I am on Cenarion Circle!
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Hunter
Anyone know if the thing about being on the same realm type is working? I was grouped with a friend on a pvp server and no matter where we went, we couldn't see each other.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
That is a question for general forums Narella. No one here would know.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I for one truly hate it when people complain about the possibility of griefers. I RP on a server where the RP community is small and the majority of the players aren't RPers. I've only ever been trolled once, and that was when my friends and I were testing how badly we'd get trolled for RPing in Goldshire. We ignored them, not giving them a single glance, and they left within a few minutes, and then we weren't bothered the rest of the time. Sure, if you bring up RP in Trade, people will give you crap, but not if you're simply RPing in the open. I doubt you need to worry about trolls going that far out of their way to harass you.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I just think it is a bad idea. Listing all the reasons would not convince you. I am glad you are finding rp now where you were not before. I just hope you don't get hit by whispers from the nake dguys and gals running around.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm on Moon Guard and for whatever reason I don't seem to see what you guys are talking about. I haven't seen anybody from any other server yet, and I'm often RPing in Orgrimmar. I wasn in Silvermoon for two days after the patch hit to see if I could find anyone, and never saw anyone from another server. How does this thing even work?
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
It works by putting the higher population servers people in other realms, not the other way around. So on MG you probably would not notice it.
Those in Farstriders, Cenarion Circle and the other low pop realms are seeing folks from other servers.
Reply Quote
32 Draenei Paladin
It is a bad idea... Moon Guard will SWARM everyone with their... "coitus" Yes I went all Sheldon there..
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
08/31/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Mistainia
It is a bad idea... Moon Guard will SWARM everyone with their... "coitus" Yes I went all Sheldon there..

Either I'm completely blind or insanely lucky because I've never seen the things that everyone claims makes MG so bad. I always get fun and engaging RP, and other than dumb random guild invites never even come across the crazy things you guys say is commonplace.
Reply Quote
32 Draenei Paladin
08/31/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Apun

Either I'm completely blind or insanely lucky because I've never seen the things that everyone claims makes MG so bad. I always get fun and engaging RP, and other than dumb random guild invites never even come across the crazy things you guys say is commonplace.

Go make a female Night Elf... Then go to Goldshire.
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
Its where you hang out, the worst places are Goldshire and Silvermoon. And yes it is not ALL over like some claim.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Have yet to see any of this on Ravenholdt. You'd think we'd be noticing some ED people, but nope.
Reply Quote
62 Human Death Knight
I wanted to say something else I bet not many people have figured out yet. Now there is no need to limit yourself to the one realm where you hang your main's hat. Create characters of any type and spec and fill up each realm with your experiments. Then when you are called by a real ID friend to do a raid or even participate in an rp event, no need to transfer your character, Blizzard does it for you!!! And its free!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]