Warrior stat priority 5.0.0

90 Goblin Priest
So I am lost in 5.0.0 warrior stat changes. I see a lot of information and it all is differnt.
What I know;
7.5% Hit and Exp
Mastery is worst stat to an extent
Parry 2-3x greater than dodge

Gemming, what are we using now? Stack +75 gem stamina gems or Parry+stam or what? go for socket bonuses?

If u can provide any links for me to read up o be great too.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
At the moment, most people are capping hit exp (15% to fully cap exp but a lot of people are only bothering with 7.5% or so) then going with strength for lolparry.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
so gem pure strength? is that the consuses
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I don't think it's so much of a "Yes this is the best thing to do", it's more of a "Who cares, expansion in a month and DS is pretty nerfed" thing.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/29/2012 02:42 AMPosted by Válens

Based on the numbers from my character sheet it seems that str gems are giving the equivalent of 110% of the parry you would get from a parry gem.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/29/2012 03:45 AMPosted by Celyndrashad

Based on the numbers from my character sheet it seems that str gems are giving the equivalent of 110% of the parry you would get from a parry gem.

yep this is correct strength gives more parry then parry this is only true at level 85 at 90 the ratings shift and parry is better then strength which means ive got my heroic spine strength trinket on for tanking and it is actually possibly the BiS trinket atm!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
08/29/2012 03:55 AMPosted by Jaitee

yep this is correct strength gives more parry then parry this is only true at level 85 at 90 the ratings shift and parry is better then strength which means ive got my heroic spine strength trinket on for tanking and it is actually possibly the BiS trinket atm!

Its around 93% at 90 correct?

If thats true and given that str also gives ap and indirectly sp thru GbtL i would presume that at least for paladins str will remain a stronger option than parry.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
So get hit and expertise to 7.5% then get your parry to be 10-20% higher then your dodge and have mastery be somewhere inbetween correct? Thats what I have right now But what should you be gemming for as a prot warrior? Same as befor stm and mastery?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
My stats are completely wonky now, can someone help me with what I should be changing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
whered half my block go :/ i had over 50% and im at 22% now wtf
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
08/29/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Gargaronsis
whered half my block go :/ i had over 50% and im at 22% now wtf

They changed the amount of actual block we get from mastery. This is one of the reason you see a lot of folks shifting their gemming/reforging priorities to things like parry, hit, expertise, and strength. (The other reason is that block was moved to a second combat roll, so you have to first fail to dodge or parry, and then it rolls against your block value.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
talking in a prot warrior perspective from what i have learned there are many new builds that are usable.

first is stacking strength for the perry since the diminishing returns are different now.
also higher strength means more attack power which means a more potent shield barrier.

second is a stamina build. higher health that works great with second wind and last stand as well as impending victory talents.

third is a hybrid build of dodge perry and mastery similar to a more traditional prot warrior build. critical block and block mastery system has changed. you no longer gain as much block now as you once did so retaining a high mastery wont give you as much block anymore however you will have more critical blocks. you will crit block more thus gaining more rage giving you more access to your shield block cool down.

i know a lot of warriors who have chosen to use strength gems and some dps pieces. i on the other hand went with a hybrid build after getting hit and exp to 7.5 i also used a macro to bind my shield slam to shield barrier keeping shield barrier up most of the time acting as my main mitigation. i may change to a stamina build tho to test that out
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
also the more you perry the more you can spam revenge bound to cleave or heroic strike in between shield slams.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"parry"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
somebody said, "get to 7.5% hit and expertise."

hit and expertise are still not essential to tanking. they are not mitigation stats. they do help with threat. at best, they may help mitigation indirectly. for instance, a warrior will generate more rage if his or her shield slams do not miss.

my current understanding of warrior stat priorities suggests that they have not changed very much. the primary difference is with gemming.

don't reforge for dodge or parry. keep reforging for mastery where possible. (shield block and crit block are still our bread-and-butter.) feel free to reforge for a bit of hit and/or expertise. the 7.5% caps are nice, but unnecessary.

gem stamina for blue, stam/mastery for yellow, and stam/parry for red.

that should hold you over 'til the expac.
Edited by Chaosidy on 9/9/2012 4:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Copy me, if you're having a hard time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
@Chaosidy

hit and expertise are still not essential to tanking. they are not mitigation stats. they do help with threat. at best, they may help mitigation indirectly. for instance, a warrior will generate more rage if his or her shield slams do not miss.

Hit and expertise are definitely essential to tanking now..... as our primary dmg mitigation abilites Shield block/barrier require us to spend rage on them. Our survival depends on being able to generate rage and then spend on either one of these CD's. If done right you can keep Shield block up for alot of a fight. Missing a shield slam or revenge could mean not being able to use one of these abilities when you need it most.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Hit/Expertise play a similar role that stacking Mastery did for Cataclysm - in reducing the amount of spike in damage taken. By increasing rage (generated via shield slam and revenge not missing), the more often we can have Shield Block/Barrier up. With either abilities up, we won't spike very much.

Not quiet sure how I'll be gemming in Mists. I'd like to see some simulations on different gemming styles before deciding.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/09/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Collateral
Copy me, if you're having a hard time.

Stack stam for no apparent reason?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
09/09/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Mazaia
also higher strength means more attack power which means a more potent shield barrier.

This is wrong, Shield Barrier ignores base AP from strength. It might scale very very slightly from the 10% bonus AP buff, but that's all. Here's the formula:

Shield Barrier at 60 rage: max(2*(AP-Str*2), Sta*2.5)

Basically any AP gains from STR get canceled out. It's designed to scale with your AP from Vengeance.
Edited by Ahti on 9/9/2012 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]