I Doubt I will Renew

90 Night Elf Hunter
I have enjoyed my time here...made some great friends...but with this next expansion and the cross account achieves...that has blown it away for me...when I log in and see that the level 1 pally I created a few days ago to run with a friend who I sent an invite to...a pally that has never even left the starting gate...and is level one...has the 50,000HK Achieve that I worked so hard for on Shaelfae....that just really pisses me off...sooo...after Sept 8th, when I am due to renew, I will just NOT renew...

My husband will probably still play...I have friends that will still play...they can update me...and if I ever see some positive changes that make me happy...I may return...in the meantime, I am friends with some of you on facebook...if there is anyone else who wants to keep in touch...get ahold of me there....Tambrey Groves...there aren't too many with that name!

It's been fun, but the fun just all went POOF out of it for me when I logged into the game today and saw the changes to achieves...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
SO to summarize, your quitting because Achvs are account wide? out of all the QQing i've ever seen this is the most stupid. I'm quitting because my helm is blue instead of Purple!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have until Sept 8th before I renew...or not....but yes...as dumb as it may sound to you...I want to have the ability to choose to earn, or not earn, achieves on each of my toons...

at least if you do not like your blue helm, you can go find a pretty purple one and transmog it
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
08/30/2012 12:58 AMPosted by Pígcookies
Good one.

I wonder if quoting this will get my post reported too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
All this for the 50k HK Achievement? Don't most PvP lovers have that by default anyway? You do realize that even if your new level 1 character has 50k HK's you will still get the splash window AND the guild and chat announcement(s) for each time your character reaches a milestone regardless of this new "account-wide" system. For example if you reach 10k, your guildies will "grats" you for hours on end anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
08/30/2012 07:39 AMPosted by Mews
All this for the 50k HK Achievement? Don't most PvP lovers have that by default anyway? You do realize that even if your new level 1 character has 50k HK's you will still get the splash window AND the guild and chat announcement(s) for each time your character reaches a milestone regardless of this new "account-wide" system. For example if you reach 10k, your guildies will "grats" you for hours on end anyway.
\

No...not over the 50k HK achievment...I am using that as an EXAMPLE....and no... may be the rare person who LIKES to try to earn the achieves on each toon...and not at all worried about it on others...so why would my level 63 holy priest need or expect to have 50k HKs...and why should be really low toons have any sort of real achieves yet?

I would personally prefer to be able to turn hat feature off and play how *I* enjoy playing...there is no uniqueness within the game any more...and now my toons cannot even be unique in he achieves they have earned...

As I said...I have until Sept 8th to think and keep trying to play and see if I still enjoy it or not
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Shael, I'd look at it more as a chance to have the opportunity of going for all the achievements in game and be rewarded for it period - regardless of the toon you're currently playing most. If achievements are what you like, why turn down the opportunity to go for different ones instead of having to repeat the same ones on every new toon you play?

Unless, you know, you enjoy farming Timbermaw rep for every alt you have ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
maw rep takes about 3 hours now :p netherwing i would never do again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Shael, I'd look at it more as a chance to have the opportunity of going for all the achievements in game and be rewarded for it period - regardless of the toon you're currently playing most. If achievements are what you like, why turn down the opportunity to go for different ones instead of having to repeat the same ones on every new toon you play?

Unless, you know, you enjoy farming Timbermaw rep for every alt you have ;)

It is not the achieves I necessarily like to go after...I am not an achieve !@#$%...I LOVE PvP for the fun of it...and for the challenge of trying to get those PvP achieves on each toon that goes into the BG....some will be harder to obtain, depending on which achieve and which toon, but that is what I enjoyed...the challenge of TRYING to achieve those achieves...if that makes sense...LOL...I am not big on rep grinds...I do not PvE...not at ALL....okay, I did some in the beginning....but soon found that I tend to fall asleep in raids and run my toon into the boss room...yeah...the fast pace of PvP and the different achieves I can earn there is MY main interest....

Everyone has their own reasons and their own interests in playing the game...hell...some people stand around SW or Org ALL the time and just use it as a fancy chat room...if that is what they want to do, then they can do that....if someone WANTS to grind rep over and over again, then let them....if someone WANTS to go for achieves on each and every toon, then let them...

It would be great if the gods of Blizzard and WoW could actually just add in during a patch and option to CHOOSE if we want to have achieves account wide or not...but once you choose to have it ON, then you cannot switch back...problem solved for everyone so we are all happy with this particular change :)
Reply Quote
27 Tauren Druid
i feel as if this is a trap but if all you did was pvp and all you was 50k i am pretty sure you are doing something wrong goodbye
Edited by Moogly on 8/31/2012 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
nonono...the 50k HK is an EXAMPLE I just used for ANY or ALL of the achieves....

If THIS toon (Shaelfae) earned world explorer or 50k HKs or whatever...I do NOT want Shaelfay or Keaper or Røgúe or Morwynn or Draendolyn or Dreamkisser or ANY of the other toons to have those achieves since THEY did not EARN them....if I WANT a toon to have an achieve or go exploring or whatever...then I want to WORK and PLAY that toon towards that goal...I do not WANT them all lumped together as if I just ever played one toon...because that is all it seems I need to do now to get ANY of the achieves...THIS is my issue...the HKs is an EXAMPLE
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The reason Ghostcrawler implemented this is because he didn't like the fact that people stuck with a certain toon simply 'cause that is their "main" and that character is more established with achievements and whatnot. With this new system, you can play with your Alt characters and not feel like you have to "start over". YOU as a player still had to complete those achievements, regardless of what toon. Even with this new system it will be a challenge to get even better achievements like "Gladiator" "200k HKs" or "Server First 'Blank'". This game can still be challenging. I wouldn't write it off just yet =). We need you to STAY!! Moonrunner needs all the assistance it can get. And myself included since I wanna try PvP this Xpack and I need all kinds of help!! Love you all...I'm also drunk.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/01/2012 04:13 AMPosted by Mews
We need you to STAY!!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It would be sad to see you go. But, giving it a chance won't hurt. Since you still have sometime left on your sub. I've always played on WoW for the players, not the game. Something to consider!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
oh I love the MR players...I have made lots of wonderful friends here...plus family plays too...

@ Mews...HOW can I earn those achieves on the toons when I look in thier achieve log and see that they earned it, and I can no longer track it for that toon? That is just what I am NOT getting at all...I am not seeing it...I am not understanding it...I do not like it...

too bad Ghostcrawler did not talk to a few more people before deciding that HE (she?) did not like people sticking to a main...I did not stick to a main...sure, I have a "main" alliance toon and a "main" horde toon....but that does not mean I only ever got achieves or played them...I had different goals for each toon...but to me, those goals were taken away with this merging stuff

And thank you Mews and Reanari and Kaariana for the kind words asking me to stick around...I do feel at "home" on MR...on both sides of the fence...and I am doing some wicked damage in BGs on the hunters, which is kinda fun...LOL...so...we'll see....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
oh I love the MR players...I have made lots of wonderful friends here...plus family plays too...

@ Mews...HOW can I earn those achieves on the toons when I look in thier achieve log and see that they earned it, and I can no longer track it for that toon? That is just what I am NOT getting at all...I am not seeing it...I am not understanding it...I do not like it...

too bad Ghostcrawler did not talk to a few more people before deciding that HE (she?) did not like people sticking to a main...I did not stick to a main...sure, I have a "main" alliance toon and a "main" horde toon....but that does not mean I only ever got achieves or played them...I had different goals for each toon...but to me, those goals were taken away with this merging stuff

And thank you Mews and Reanari and Kaariana for the kind words asking me to stick around...I do feel at "home" on MR...on both sides of the fence...and I am doing some wicked damage in BGs on the hunters, which is kinda fun...LOL...so...we'll see....

Dont worry, Ill still be running around MoP's version of TB with Oneblood so you can farm another 50k HKs off of me :)

Best of luck shaelfae, and I'll leave you with this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqN8zf4IiGQ&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Dont worry, Ill still be running around MoP's version of TB with Oneblood so you can farm another 50k HKs off of me :)

Best of luck shaelfae, and I'll leave you with this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqN8zf4IiGQ&feature=plcp

hahahaaaa....I do go and watch that one every so often....it was just after a major patch and ALL of our pet talents had been reset....I was not aware of that so none of my pets had any talents set up...LOL

I see there is alot of discussion on the main forums about how so many are so unhappy with the shared achieves thing.....so maybe I will just stick it out and see if blizzard sees it in their hearts to change that back to how it was....sighs...

but you know...my goal is to take down Øneblood...ROFL.... hey, we all gotta dream right?!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I dont see a problem with it... Your toons didnt earn anything, you did. Up until the patch, me and Oneblood were the only horde toons on moonrunner to have The Bloodthirsty 250,000 hk's title. Now with the new account wide achievement system ther are a few more players who have it. I can't speak for Oneblood but i can say it doesnt bother me much. Each to their own tho :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/05/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Growl
I dont see a problem with it... Your toons didnt earn anything, you did. Up until the patch, me and Oneblood were the only horde toons on moonrunner to have The Bloodthirsty 250,000 hk's title. Now with the new account wide achievement system ther are a few more players who have it. I can't speak for Oneblood but i can say it doesnt bother me much. Each to their own tho :)

This is exactly how I feel. I play this game and am an altoholic. When Wrath hit I levelled this toon to max and made it my main, it was a ton of fun back then and sort of is now still. However my achievements, time played, mounts, pets etc. etc. had caused me from making any other toon my main because of the time I spent grinding rep etc. I've wanted to make a different toon my main but have been discouraged because of the time I've spent grinding on this toon.

I had previously had my DK as my main back in early wrath but hated the changes they made and stopped playing it, then I levelled this toon. Since I grinded a ton of achivements on my DK it was irritating knowing I had ton a lot of work on that toon to have it go to complete waste. I am very happy with these changes and now feel I can switch my mains in MoP without any worry because I will still be able to show off my hard worked accomplishments. Anyways this has gotten to long.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]