Prisoners of War

55 Human Warlock
Trying to do the quest "Prisoners of War" in Redridge, but the "Distraction" ability for the field kit does not seem to be working. When I try to use it, I keep getting a message that says "no path available," no matter where I target the ability. I have turned off all addons and have relogged several times.
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Warrior
Im having the same problem
Reply Quote
20 Night Elf Warrior
Last patch the plant seaforium didn't work, and now distraction doesn't work. I hate this quest!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
I'm able to use it fine! D=
Reply Quote
55 Human Warlock
Update: It seems like the ability works in the northern area of the camp where the prisoners are kept, but nowhere else.

Thankfully someone came along and killed the 2 orcs guarding the cave, so I was able to finish the quest. Just ompleted the 2nd part with a few corpse runs.

There is also a bug where the mob automatically attacks after chloroform wears off.
Edited by Voidrage on 8/30/2012 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I am having issues with this Quest as well. I sent them a bug report in-game about the Distraction skill not working properly so hopefully something gets done about it soon.
Reply Quote
Just a bit of extra info...I have seen this too, and it is intermittant, and it began BEFORE the patch. I sent a rogue through there a few weeks ago, and saw exactly what the OP described. Thank goodness I was a rogue and had my own stealth I could rely on.

Of course, doesn't matter much when the moron npc you are with walks directly thorugh one of the guards or the chlorophormed guard in the cave/tower. He really contributes nothing and just gets you killed 99 percent of the time...which there was a way to tell him "hey, you just wait here...be right back".
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
just did this today on my priest, you can plant the distraction at your feet. i used this at my feet then ran away, it worked fine... getting out of the cave tho i had to kill the 3 guards.. luckily am a healer and can heal jorgensen
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
using Distraction near the cave at the south end of the zone results in a No Path Available error. Good luck getting into the cave -- those orcs ain't gonna move, nor will cholorforming them work, as their backs are against the cave mouth's wall. And that Drake Rider is affected as well.
Reply Quote
38 Human Paladin
I got the "No Path Available" near the cave as well. I decided to just try to run inside the cave while the camo was up and it worked. Ran right in between the two guards. Got inside the cave, used the chloroform on the guard inside, grabbed the key, and ran back out. The guards outside the cave did shout something at us, but didn't attack. I just did this today. Hope this helps anyone stuck on this as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Getting the same issue on my pandaren monk. I even disabled all add ons and tried it. No path available near the cave. Wasted a lot of time trying to get it to work with a nice additional 50% xp. Moved on to Darkshire.
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Mage
Not working for me either. Maddening!
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
It's not working for me, either. Same issue as in the OP. :-(
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
I found in the end I didn't need the distraction ability. I just walked past the guards. Once they attacked (or Jorgenson attacked them, not sure which) but other than that they just yelled a lot.
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Mage
What about planting the explosives?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Nearly two months after original post, and it's still a problem. Distraction only works in small, unmarked areas in the northern end of the camp and by the enterance, and nowhere else in the main camp or by the cave.
Reply Quote
27 Human Warlock
10/08/2012 11:09 PMPosted by Chimi
I got the "No Path Available" near the cave as well. I decided to just try to run inside the cave while the camo was up and it worked. Ran right in between the two guards. Got inside the cave, used the chloroform on the guard inside, grabbed the key, and ran back out. The guards outside the cave did shout something at us, but didn't attack. I just did this today. Hope this helps anyone stuck on this as well.

that works some of the time but not many i was attacked by them on two differant severs
but on others i was able to go between them with no problem
Reply Quote
50 Human Hunter
I can't find the cave. I've read that it's to the south of the prisoners, but can't find it.
Reply Quote
50 Human Hunter
Okay, I think I found the cave, but I can't get near the entry without waking the guards. They don't have their backs to me so I can't use Chloroform. When I try to pass them in stealth mode they always wake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]