A Distraction for Akama help.

85 Gnome Rogue
MTR
Is this quest bugged for anyone else? The NPC doesn't have any dialogue to start the event so you cant complete that quest. Tried dropping it and picking it up but I can't get it to work.
Reply Quote
26 Troll Shaman
Same happened to me. Akama and Maiev just don't show up... The two armies (Scryers and Aldor) keep pushing the attack, but the event just don't start. WoW Head says we have to wait a bit, but I left the toon there and started watching TV for quite a while... xD It must be bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Same, finally got around to clearing out the old vials quest i've had sitting in my quest book for years, finally get to the last part of the quest line i need and the quest is bugged
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I had a ticket open for 4 days on this issue and they closed my ticket saying that it was not there matter to handle that i should open a bug report wtf kinda BS is that
Reply Quote
26 Troll Shaman
Waited for some time around Xi'ri today, after the new patch, and it still isn't working. Blizz replied my ticket a few days ago saying it was a known issue and that it would be attended. >_<
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Don't you have to kill the dreadlord at the far end of the path leading up to Black Temple along with a whole host of demons for this quest?

Isn't the idea that while you are fighting the mobs Akama and Maiev are able to slip by them while the demons are occupied fighting you?

Been a while since I've done this quest.
Reply Quote
26 Troll Shaman
Still bugged. :(
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I had a ticket open for 8 days and when they finally responded this is what they said:

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with "A Distraction for Akama".

I looked through our bug reports and it does appear that this particular quest is currently bugged. I would definitely keep an eye out in the patch notes for an update, as they should list it there when the issues is resolved. :)

If there are still any lingering questions, or you need some additional help, feel free to hit us up again.

Take care and have a great day!

Warmest Regards,

Game Master Auragnor
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://battle.net/support
(9/5/2012 11:19 PM)

Not really sure how hard it is to de-bug a quest but this is taking way too long.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Not really sure how hard it is to de-bug a quest but this is taking way too long.

Agreed. I guess fixing an old TBC attunement quest is low on Blizzard's priority list.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Well they've fixed a bunch of other quests. And this is a fairly popular questline. I'd really like my BT neck sometime soon.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Warrior
Still broken.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Still broken.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Still broken.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm happy to report that this quest is now fixed. I received the title today (check my achievements).
Reply Quote
26 Troll Shaman
Yeah, it's finally fixed! :D Plus, u can do BT by yourself, w/o having to inv someone and get the title, teleporting item, and all the whole stuff. :3

<3 u, Blizz. \o/
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
WOOHOO!!

I have 2 toons coming up close to doing this quest. I was almost prepared for the heart break of not being able to finish.

Now if they could just fix the damn issue with the SSC attunement so I can do it on any toon I want without having to pick up the quest at exactly level 70, no more no less, or find a level 70 that hasnt done it already and try share it (which usually doesnt work) I would be set.
Edited by Grokironhide on 12/8/2012 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Troll Shaman
OMG, I spoke too soon! >_< Got the quest reward, but not the title or feat. What now, Blizz? :O
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
OMG, I spoke too soon! >_< Got the quest reward, but not the title or feat. What now, Blizz? :O

Unless you still, after 4 years magically still had the original quests from prior to 3.0.2 you will not get the title for finishing this quest chain.

If you still had the original quests for SSC/TK (champion of the naaru) and/or hyjal/BT (hand of the A'dal) in your log from before the big patch that nerfed all the old raids (-30% boss HP) upon completing them you still get the title.

If you picked up the quests after this patch (as they are still in the game) you pick up the new version which has a different quest ID, and you do not get the title.
Edited by Grokironhide on 12/9/2012 12:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

Unless you still, after 4 years magically still had the original quests from prior to 3.0.2 you will not get the title for finishing this quest chain.

If you still had the original quests for SSC/TK (champion of the naaru) and/or hyjal/BT (hand of the A'dal) in your log from before the big patch that nerfed all the old raids (-30% boss HP) upon completing them you still get the title.

If you picked up the quests after this patch (as they are still in the game) you pick up the new version which has a different quest ID, and you do not get the title.

It's more likely than you think. I have multiple characters with the pre-3.0 Vials of Eternity quest. It actually doesn't matter what version of Distraction for Akama you have. I didn't start the BT chain until 5.0 and still got my title. I got the Feat of Strength right after Akama entered the Black Temple, before even turning in.

To check if you are eligiible you can use this link:

http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/thunderlord/Felixia?fields=quests

Replace my character's information with yours. Do CTRL-F and you can see if you have the 10445 Vials of Eternity completed, which is the version that is no longer available.
Edited by Felixia on 12/9/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

It's more likely than you think. I have multiple characters with the pre-3.0 Vials of Eternity quest. It actually doesn't matter what version of Distraction for Akama you have. I didn't start the BT chain until 5.0 and still got my title. I got the Feat of Strength right after Akama entered the Black Temple, before even turning in.

To check if you are eligiible you can use this link:

http://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/thunderlord/Felixia?fields=quests

Replace my character's information with yours. Do CTRL-F and you can see if you have the 10445 Vials of Eternity completed, which is the version that is no longer available.

That was kind of the essence of my post. For you to get the title today, you need to have the old version in your log. I have done the attunements for hyjal (vial of the sands) and the BT chain on multiple toons since the patch that removed the need to do those quests to enter those raids, but as I did them post nerf patch, I did the new versions of the quest, and thus are ineligable for the title.

I was not saying it is impossible for people to still get the title, it just has very specific perameters. Namely having either completed the quest pre patch, or to still have it in there log after 4 years.

Anyone who started in wrath or later cannot do it
Anyone who wasnt high enough level in TBC to pick up the quest cannot do it.

But it is definitely still doable. Though not for me.
Edited by Grokironhide on 12/9/2012 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]