Best PvP pets come MoP?

72 Draenei Shaman
Spirit beasts still looking pretty good, cranes get a 4 second sleep, porcupines get an AOE sleep but with a cast time....what others are looking like winners for PvP?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Spirit beasts and Monkey the only good ones for pvp i think.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
08/26/2012 07:56 PMPosted by Eponine
Sporebat castspeed reduction will probably still be annoying vs wiz cleaves.

which you also get from a Corehound... too bad Ancient Hysteria is out of bounds in arena
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hay eponine can you get Basilisk now or next patch? where you get em?
Reply Quote
08/26/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Havoczqt
Spirit beasts and Monkey the only good ones for pvp i think.

If you're BM then shale spiders are very good as well. And sporebats have their place too.
Reply Quote
76 Night Elf Hunter
08/26/2012 08:04 PMPosted by Haassar
also get from a Corehound...

The corehound debuff is single target and it inturrups its basic attacks, not to mention that its ferocious: no RoS. Even as Bm, Sporebat beats the hound by thousands of miles as "Sporecloud" is a 10yrd aoe ability that allows the pet to continue to attack since its off the pets normal cds.
Reply Quote
19 Troll Hunter
08/27/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Eponine
Have foxes always had the same castspeed reduction cloud as sporebats?

No, on live its melee and ranged
Edited by Tailwhip on 8/27/2012 5:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
crane and monkey
Edited by Melubyou on 8/28/2012 12:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
08/27/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Gondrihas
also get from a Corehound...

The corehound debuff is single target and it inturrups its basic attacks, not to mention that its ferocious: no RoS. Even as Bm, Sporebat beats the hound by thousands of miles as "Sporecloud" is a 10yrd aoe ability that allows the pet to continue to attack since its off the pets normal cds.

Pets can be any talent tree in 5.0, so anything you want can be specced cunning.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
so out of all of that, what would be the preferred spec for pets in pvp?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Crane/Monkey/Spirit Beast/Spirit Beast/Goat as BM
Crane/Monkey/Porcupine/Goat/Wind Serpent as Survival (Cat instead of Porcupine if i can't get mastery buff)
Crane/Monkey/Spider/Goat/Porcupine as MM

Goat >>>>> Sporebat.

Cuz it's a goat...

edit: also watching how Petrifying Gaze is going to work out, if it doesn't share DR with Lullaby/Monkey stun then I will definitely be incorporating one.

09/06/2012 12:53 AMPosted by Wesen
so out of all of that, what would be the preferred spec for pets in pvp?

Every pet Cunning. You can go Ferocity for BGs if you prefer Rabid to Roar. Personally I can't stand playing without Roar..
Edited by Humanforemfh on 9/6/2012 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Sporebat duh. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Basilisk with 3s cyclone effect may be something to think about.

I would not recommend crane sleep as it DRs with freezing trap (and wyvern sting if you choose to spec into that for whatever reason), so you'd only be getting 2s out of it if you tried to put it in a chain with either of those. Sporebat castspeed reduction will probably still be annoying vs wiz cleaves.

Could you confirm this about Lullaby? As far as I know from beta, Pet stuns(Bad Manner/Lullaby) are a controlled stun. Freezing Trap is a disorient.

Lullaby seems to be exactly the same as Bad Manner except it's instant cast. I'm still not sure whether it's dispellable or not(I think it is). Which would be why it's instant cast. This is why i'll keep a monkey around in case of dispels.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Still a Sporebat
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
If Crane sleep DRs like other sleeps it will DR with trap, so that'll be useless.

Should still just be monkeys for MM/Surv and spirit beasts for BM as usual. Mix in a spore bat for battlegrounds/wizard cleaves and a cat for buffs. I actually kind of like the gorilla as Surv right now, the blink stun into pummel is pretty cute, but monkey is probably better.
Reply Quote
76 Night Elf Hunter
09/07/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Senri
Sporebat duh. :)

Blah!!! Sporebats were nurfed! Sporecloud radius was reduced to six yrds down from ten. The differnce is it went from going from a group of people to just the dumb guy standing right next to him.

Furthermore, As for my experience as Bm Shale spider actually beats Spirit Beasts in duels and bgs do to the fact that its web is a "ranged stun" on a 45 second cd. Not to mention, "Embrace of the Shale Spider" provides a +5 agiilty buff which = 10% Ap for both you and your pet.

Aside from its heal, Spirit beasts only provide its mastery buff which only equal pet/kc damage; which isnt very useful when fighting plate.

The biggest problem right now in any bracket is dealing with hybred healing. Sure, having your own little heal helps, but prolonging a fight dosnt make it any better because it increases the opportunity for them to reset their health. With "Readiness& Shale" we have

1. Two 3 second stuns = 6 seconds of "Shut Down"
2. Two 3 second silences = 6 seconds of "Shut Up"
3. 30yrd 3 second pet stun = annother 3 seconds of "Shut Down"

Which amounts to Fifteen Seconds of "No spells for YOU!" Of which if you cannot drop the chum by that time then somethings prob wrong with you or your gear.

Shale Spider is just too good to pass up. IM about to tame a second one to run with 3 Spirit beasts and 2 Shales or 3 shales and 2 beasts. Im no multi-glad pro but even a dodo knows the "force" when it lands in his lap.
Edited by Gondrihas on 9/7/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]