New Glyphs

90 Goblin Shaman
I just trained a bunch of new glyphs off my trainer, am curious if the rest of the missing glyphs are after MoP comes out, or do I have to research them with what I have currently, please tell me I don't need to farm books again in Northrend /shudder.

Thank you!
Reply Quote
Scroll of Wisdom is a 24h cooldown research thingy that you'll get in MoP; it will teach you a new glyph, plus make a scroll which is used in making other stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Guess where I am confused, my warlock/shaman have no missing glyphs (nothing unavailable) do they get no new glyphs this xpac? My priest has seven missing glyphs that I don't believe are in game yet, my hunter three and warrior four ... seems a bit disproportionate. But I just started looking, so probably missing stuff. Didn't do any prior research. ~ Achiev
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/28/new-and-changing-glyphs-for-patch-5-0-4/

This will help a lot.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/28/new-and-changing-glyphs-for-patch-5-0-4/

This will help a lot.

The link does not answer the OP's question... which was "Where do you get the new glyphs", meaning... there are a bunch of glyphs that don't yet exist in the game as far as I can tell.

We'd like to know where to get them or get confirmation that you can only get them when MoP comes out and inscriptionists level more.

Does anyone know if you can get the new glyphs yet?

For example 'Glyph of Shadow Word: Death' can't be found right now.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I'm missing alot on my scribe as well. Does this mean you can't learn them till MoP maybe?

Edit: Ok, Blizzard was not very clear about all this...

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/28/priest-glyph-changes-in-patch-5-0-4/

One of the comments "Clicking through reveals that most of those glyphs require Pandaria ink to create, so we will not see them until September. Mind Flay and Lightspring are the only two I see that use existing ink, the other six will have to wait."
Edited by Lunanox on 8/28/2012 5:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was curious about this too
Reply Quote
96 Troll Priest
Same.
Kinda sucks because there are NO minor glyphs for Holy priest.
3 for shadow and 1 for disc. but no choices for holy.

Not very impressed.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I've noticed this as well. :( And we've got no way to learn MOP glyphs until MOP that I know of.

Glyphs for priests I can't learn:
Glyph of Vampiric Embrace
Glyph of Shadow Word: Death
Glyph of Heavens
Glyph of Holy Resurrection
Glyph of Confession
Glyph of Shadowy Friends

I'm not sure about other classes, but that's the list of things I don't know for priests. Before the patch, I knew every glyph available.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Same.
Kinda sucks because there are NO minor glyphs for Holy priest.
3 for shadow and 1 for disc. but no choices for holy.

Not very impressed.

Yeah I ended up not doing any minor glyphs on my holy priest. She was the only one of my characters with a significant amount of missing glyphs. Everyone else was 1, 3, 4 and like I mentioned earlier shaman and warlock are not missing any.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I'm learning new glyphs from both Northrend and minor inscription research, and I believe I had these maxed out prior to the patch. Specifically, I learned Glyph of Shadow and Glyph of Mirrored Blades, both of which are new.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
08/28/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Keeblik
I'm learning new glyphs from both Northrend and minor inscription research, and I believe I had these maxed out prior to the patch. Specifically, I learned Glyph of Shadow and Glyph of Mirrored Blades, both of which are new.

Both of those I had without learning anything new. =/ So going to make me go find a book!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
08/28/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Achiev
Both of those I had without learning anything new. =/ So going to make me go find a book!

You mean you had the ability to make them on your scribe, or you had already learned them on your priest and hunter?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
08/28/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Keeblik

I had both of those pre-patch; they're not new to 5.0.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Have only been on my scribe for a few minutes before work this morning, but it was long enough to try learn something from a book of glyph mastery & also do a northrend research - both resulted in learning nothing (I had already learned everything old before the patch). I didn't have the ink to try a minor research. I'd guess anything I'm currently missing will be from Pandaren level research only.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Have only been on my scribe for a few minutes before work this morning, but it was long enough to try learn something from a book of glyph mastery & also do a northrend research - both resulted in learning nothing (I had already learned everything old before the patch). I didn't have the ink to try a minor research. I'd guess anything I'm currently missing will be from Pandaren level research only.

Thank you for this info! :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I just did my Minor Research and got a druid glyph Charm Woodland Creature. I hadn't learned all the glyphs before this patch, so I can't tell you if it's a new one.
Edited by Maeby on 8/29/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/29/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Maeby
I just did my Minor Research and got a druid glyph Charm Woodland Creature. I hadn't learned all the glyphs before this patch, so I can't tell you if it's a new one.

i had all glyphs prior to the patch... this was not a new one.

even after purchasing the new glyphs from vendor there are gaps, and i can only assume they will come with MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
You can look at the unlearned professions tab of your armory. I've noticed its sorta weird though, but for priests look at:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gurubashi/Maeby/profession/inscription#status=unknown

It shows the priest glyphs are learned at 595 in mop.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
It seems the glyphs not learnable will only show up for your class on the armory. For example the above priest shows the priest glyphs at 595, but Silicon's shows druids (cheetah) glyph at 595

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Silicon/profession/inscription#status=unknown
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]