scatter/trap macro

100 Worgen Hunter
mine is busted now from the patch, anyone have a working one?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Not yet ill get to that. But you shouldn't need it because you arnt loosing time pressing trap launcher then freeze trap. Now its you choose either you drop it at your feet or you click the trap launcher and it keeps it on, then you click the postion you want the freeze trap to be. So its not really necessary.
Edited by Havoczqt on 8/28/2012 4:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Dizee, please post your currentmacro so others can avoid or attempt to fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You could probably do

/cast Scatter Shot
/cast Trap Launcher
/cast Freezing Trap
/cast Trap Launcher (to put it back so you can drop a trap at your feet)

Or

/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cast Scatter Shot
/cast Trap Launcher
/cast Freezing Trap
/cast Trap Launcher (to put it back so you can drop a trap at your feet)

but then it become to much
Edited by Havoczqt on 8/28/2012 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I haven't been on yet, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't Trap Clunker a toggle now? If so, shouldn't we be able to simply shoot a trap at our feet (similar to Freezing Arrow) ??
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/28/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Eponine
No, you cannot do that. All of those are on the GCD, so that macro will only scatter (or possibly give you an error). I'm not in-game now and I've never used trap launcher macros, but yes, the new TL toggle should have broken all macros. When I get on, I'll take a look.

I'd though so, i still havent been on, i was spit balling, having a guess if that would work. But launcher macros are in the past now i guess, just press them seprate
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I haven't been on yet, but if I'm not mistaken, isn't Trap Clunker a toggle now? If so, shouldn't we be able to simply shoot a trap at our feet (similar to Freezing Arrow) ??

Yes you can. But to shoot a trap at someones feet you have to use the trap launcher to shoot it and you can leave it on there if you want but i'd leave it so i can drop one on my feet just incase.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
08/28/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Eponine
If trap launcher is already toggled on, then you could make a scatter/trap macro with no TL component and that should work

That's where it would get a bit confusing for sum, you will probably forget to do the TL and you would drop the trap at your feet haha.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I did /use !Trap Launcher
/use Freezing Trap

that works fine if that's all you are after.

What I am trying to decide is do I still wanna run with normal traps or just always shoot them even if im placing them at my feet.
Edited by Strlder on 8/28/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
ehhhhh dw bout trap macros (thats what blizz wants) But you can't really do anything to go back to the non TL state that i want.

/use !Trap Launcher
/use Freezing Trap
/use !Trap Launch

Thats what i want to do but you can't :(
Edited by Havoczqt on 8/28/2012 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Hmmm ?? I won't know what works best for me until I get in game but I am hoping that once I toggle TL I only have to select the trap aim and fire.

IMO dropping traps at my feet was cool in BC because I could jump to override the trap setting animation so no one would see me setting them up. However since Wrath jumping no longer hides the trap animation but Freezing Arrow was so quick/accurate the change was not a problem.

Then we have the total hunter fail better know as Cata, with many hunter unique/powerful/fun abilities being nerfed into the dirt in favor of huntery/flavorful sub par clunk.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
08/28/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Ironrain
Dizee, please post your currentmacro so others can avoid or attempt to fix it.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Deterrence
/cast [@mouseover, harm] Scatter Shot
/castsequence reset=9 Trap Launcher, !Freezing Trap(Frost - Trap Launcher), nil
/cast [@pettarget] Growl
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
#showtooltip scatter shot
/stopattack
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Deterrence
/castsequence reset=4, scatter shot, !Freezing trap

works
Edited by Vaelkyri on 8/28/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
#showtooltip scatter shot
/stopattack
/stopcasting
/cancelaura Deterrence
/castsequence reset=4, scatter shot, !Freezing trap

works

doesnt work for me
Reply Quote
This works for me:

/cast !Trap Launcher
/castsequence reset=5 Scatter Shot, Freezing Trap
Edited by Kellani on 8/28/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
This works for me:

/cast !Trap Launcher
/castsequence reset=5 Scatter Shot, Freezing Trap

yeah that is working, added growl to it and it works with it too. thx
Reply Quote

IMO dropping traps at my feet was cool in BC because I could jump to override the trap setting animation so no one would see me setting them up. However since Wrath jumping no longer hides the trap animation but Freezing Arrow was so quick/accurate the change was not a problem.

hey babe. changing aspects hid the animation pre patch. maybe no longer due to aspect gcd?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]