The Horde Solution - MoP Bounty Contest

90 Human Paladin
Nearly a decade ago, World of Warcraft was released, and with it came a huge new environment and a vast improvement over other games of it's like. Upon release, there were no incentives for the rare PvPer; no pretty mounts, no impressive titles, no amazing gear, no honor for which to buy trade materials; all you earned was the words "You have slain Nagi." in your combat log, and the grand satisfaction to go with.

Then came the Honor patch, implementing a ladder system for the most determined players allowing them to distinguish themselves with a title and epic gear. This led to constant struggle for power in the Hillsbrad Foothills, Alliance and Horde constantly battling with a single goal: murdering each other for those shiny gold points. For a time, it was good. Then, battlegrounds were released.

Battlegrounds allowed players to queue up against the opposite faction in a wargame: the victor receiving a hefty sum of honor and bragging rights against the other team. After weeks of sleep depravtion, Mountain Dew consumption, and a lack of social life, one could claim the right to wield a High Warlord's Battle Axe or Grand Marshal's Claymore, and turn the heads of your allies and decapitate your enemies.
But not all was great about the introduction to battlegrounds: many would forego a match against an equally coordinated team in favor of fighting a pick-up group, afk'ing from the game without any repercussions. World pvp stagnated: Hillsbrad was empty aside from the stray lowbie or lone soldier trying to spark an old flame. Progression in the PvE side had kicked up, and players had given up on the ideal of playing on a PvP server in favor of spending six nights of the week in Blackwing Lair.

So, the guild of <Displaced> (many of which formed the core of <Reverends of Swagger>) came up with a solution: The Horde Solution. A bounty contest: a great list of war criminals with a bounty on their head: 5 gold (no small amount back then!) for each kill on a marked Horde player outside of a Battleground, and a grand sum of 500 gold to the player who completed the list first. For a time, the world of world PvP was bright again on Firetree, and the rogue Chillz of <The Lucky Strikes> claimed the pot, dominating the contest by venturing into Orgrimmar alone to find the cowards who would not leave their own city unless it was by a warlock portal.

Now, with the release of Mists of Pandaria on the way, what better time than now to try to breathe some life into this dead server than by taking the life from the filthy Horde?

- You will receive 20 gold for posting a unique screenshot with you delivering the killing blow on a player in the mentioned guilds below. Only the player who lands the killing blow will be awarded the gold. Warbands are encouraged! but you will have to split the gold amongst yourselves, or fight for those killing blows!

- All kills must be outside of a Battleground or Arena. Open world only!

- Bounty is increased to 30 gold for level 86 players, 40 for level 87 players, 50 for level 88 players, and 100 for level 89 players until a Realm First! level 90 is earned. All bounties after this point will be worth 20 gold regardless of level.

- If the player who earns Realm First! Level 90 is Horde skum, he/she will have a bounty on their head for 1000g for the next week. The contest will end on the next Tuesday after release of Mists of Pandaria.

Here are the Marked Guilds.
Any player in these guilds that is level 85 or higher is an eligible bounty.

• <Pie Chart>
  • <MouseClique>
  • <ONE>
  • <Prominent>
  • <Liquid Adrenaline>
  • <Sphinx>
  • <Shadow>
  • <No Life>
  • <C C C P>
  • <WHO CARES>
  • <RAGIN CAJUNS>
  • <Cox Clan>
  • <DoG>
  • Nagi*
  • *500g for every kill on Nagi. Camping is encouraged.

However, you Horde scum, there is a chance for you to make your own bounties yet! While you have your own crimes to answer for, there are indeed those more vile than you.
    I will pay 10 gold per unique screenshot for the deaths of those in the following Alliance guilds, same rules as above:

• <Waradin Trainer>
  • <The Art of PvP>
  • <Noobs>
  • A note: if I suspect you of rigging the contest (killing a friend or your own character on opposite faction over and over or anything of the sort), you will obviously not be rewarded for your attempts and not be paid for any future kills, be they legit or not.

The contest starts with the release of Mists of Pandaria! I will attempt to be active up until then and along release night, but with my military schedule, I can't guarantee it. If you have any questions about the event, send me a mail in game or leave me a message on the <Reverends of Swagger> forums: http://www.weneverforgot.com/forums/index.php
    Edited by Baconn on 9/8/2012 6:42 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    this wil be fun
    Reply Quote
    This is what makes this game great.
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Hunter
    Come at me
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Rogue
    ONE
    Baconn...you must be softening to the HEART some in your old age or something. Figured with all the history between you and NAGI that his bounty alone would be closer to the 1k mark. If I was NAGI whom I know very well and have had the pleasure to raid with over the years, would be saddened the bounty was so low.

Counter offer that bounty and any SS of BACONN with his head face planted into the ground will be paid 5K, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS CHUMP!

I well give you DIBS for the bounty contest once again as I look forward to it, makes the grind of leveling somewhat entertaining at the least per say. Hopefully I see you on the GRID IRON but probably like any other time the COWARD you are never runs alone.

SEE YAS ALL IN GAME SOON!!
    Reply Quote
    85 Worgen Warrior
    08/30/2012 08:04 AMPosted by Kickin
    If I was NAGI whom I know very well and have had the pleasure to raid with over the years,

I'm sorry.

Counter offer that bounty and any SS of BACONN with his head face planted into the ground will be paid 5K, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS CHUMP!

Big spender...

I well give you DIBS for the bounty contest once again as I look forward to it,

I think you mean "PROPS" dibs doesn't even make sense in this instance. I guess I shouldn't be surprised Nagi doesn't seem too intelligent either, just stands to reason he's friends with morons.

Hopefully I see you on the GRID IRON but probably like any other time the COWARD you are never runs alone.

Says the guy on the completely overbalanced population side...

Good luck with the bounty Baconn, personally I don't think even the release of MoP and our RoS standard M.O. will breathe life into this game/server.
    Edited by Aggrobash on 8/30/2012 12:50 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    Baconn...you must be softening to the HEART some in your old age or something. Figured with all the history between you and NAGI that his bounty alone would be closer to the 1k mark. If I was NAGI whom I know very well and have had the pleasure to raid with over the years, would be saddened the bounty was so low.

Considering that the guild coffers aren't limitless and my pockets aren't very deep, I have to be somewhat frugal with the gold and I can't possibly put a much larger bounty for such a simple task.

I well give you DIBS for the bounty contest once again as I look forward to it, makes the grind of leveling somewhat entertaining at the least per say. Hopefully I see you on the GRID IRON but probably like any other time the COWARD you are never runs alone.

Hypocrisy at it's worst.
    Edited by Baconn on 8/30/2012 2:41 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    ONE
    No Life closed it's doors nine months ago, Baconn. Just a few alts in there. All the old school players have left the game for good.
    Reply Quote
    90 Tauren Druid
    ONE
    I was a little surprises to see DoG on there too. I guess all those battles for the Black Temple summing stone are still fresh on people's minds
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    No Life is on the list on principle, being it is one of the few guilds that remains from pre-bc that had many members on the original bounty. And on the offchance that any alts end up playing with the tag.

The few times I remember any pvp with DoG ended up with me laughing, so speculate from that.
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Paladin
    lolol this is cute
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Priest
    free gold for killing bad alliance? you should at least add a 1/2 decent alliance guild
    Reply Quote
    85 Troll Hunter
    you forgot to mention molten front and the bounty contest that time. it was fun when star power was around. was it you that ran that contest baconn?

it'll be fun going to battle with nagi again.
    Edited by Bzrker on 9/2/2012 12:45 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    you forgot to mention molten front and the bounty contest that time. it was fun when star power was around. was it you that ran that contest baconn?

it'll be fun going to battle with nagi again.

IM GONNA FIND YOU! =P
    Reply Quote
    Seems like some good fun.

I do request that I'm put on this list as well though.

Once cross realm zones start allowing me to move around firetree with a group, I will still represent Waradin Trainer.

Also you may want to build up some hate for a few more Alliance guilds. Like I said most of these guilds are dead, unless Art of PvP has risen from the grave yet again while I was away.

Although I do get a kick out of how much you rage against these dead/dying alliance guilds.
    It's as if you put yourself at the high ground when at the end of it all we're still just slinging mud at each other in a video game.

Happy hunting.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    ONE
    08/31/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Baconn
    No Life is on the list on principle, being it is one of the few guilds that remains from pre-bc that had many members on the original bounty. And on the offchance that any alts end up playing with the tag.

<3 I'm sure those that hopefully chose to come back to play MoP will appreciate you remembering them.

I need Javin or Fingol to come back...doesn't feel right having my alt as the GM.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    editted: somehow pie chart didn't make it here from my draft. Don't think i'd let shakyra get away so easily.
    Reply Quote
    85 Tauren Druid
    Horde comrades, the Alliance are proposing war! In my 4 years on Firetree, we have fought side by side in the Great Christmas War in 2009, and countless times have we dominated the streets of Stormwind. This shall be no different. The Alliance want war, and war they will receive! It is but now that we must answer the calling and take arms against the Alliance aggression.

The lands of Azeroth have been all but deserted, crickets chirping in South Shore, fighting between the two factions has all but ceased. But is deception. They swine Alliance want our guard let down, and all the while they plan for war! We will take the battle to them! Gank every last one of their weak and pitiful soldiers. War is upon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Rogue
    too bad im going back to horde or id bust Rpg like george zimmerman
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]