Thrall

Is it possible for Thrall to be Warcheif of the Horde again? I hate Garrosh because he's making the Horde into this war-mongering, savage, brutal, and viscious group of lunatics. Will Blizzard PLEASE make Thrall the Warcheif again? Please...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No. Please no.

At this point, i'll take anyone but Thrall.
Reply Quote
Actually it was already said by Metzen and Brack that Thrall would be Warchief again.
Reply Quote
No. Please no.

I have absolutely no idea why you would rather keep Garrosh. Thrall made the Horde a better place, in my opinion. He made it more organized and humane. He was diplomatic thus he gained many allies. Now, the Horde is threatened because everyone hates the damned Warcheif. Everyone wants to leave the Horde!
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Arberus
Actually it was already said by Metzen and Brack that Thrall would be Warchief again.

When? MoP?!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Nooooo for the love of.... noooooo.

I like Garrosh be he actually acts like an Orc. And just giving the Horde Thrall will tick off more Alliance players because we had to help him through Cata and theres a lot of Horde who are just as sick of him. Anyone but Thrall please.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Actually....

*Thrall picks up the shoulderpads of Garrosh*

Thrall: The weight.... of such a burdon... it must be mine for there is no other to---

Me: Thrall! You hold the grim destiny of the horde in your hands brother but it is not your own....

*I am sitting on the Ogrimmar Throne*

Thrall: By all that is elemental......

Me: The Dark Shaman's creation SEALED MY FATE!!! The world of the Alliance... can no longer comfort me... Place the armor upon my shoulders Go'el and forever more I will be the jailer of the Horde....

Thrall: But I have to i jus---

Me: DO IT THRALL!!! You and Aggra really need to go away everyone is tired of seeing you... just go...

Me: You wont be forgotten human.....

Me: I must be forgotten!!! If the world is to live free from the fear that the horde will either attack or be lead by a peace loving hippie then they must never know what was done here today.....

*Thrall places Garrosh's shoulder pads upon me and the room begins to shake as my eyes turn green and green fire shoots out*

Me: Tell them only... that the Warchief is dead.... and tell them that... a random alliance player died with him.....

There ill become warchief ill take the burdon.
Edited by Gollard on 8/25/2012 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No. Please no.

I have absolutely no idea why you would rather keep Garrosh. Thrall made the Horde a better place, in my opinion. He made it more organized and humane. He was diplomatic thus he gained many allies. Now, the Horde is threatened because everyone hates the damned Warcheif. Everyone wants to leave the Horde!

Listen, I like Thrall. He was a good Warchief, though he had his problems. To a point, he was a bit too diplomatic, a bit too nice. The situation we're all in now can be traced back to him, because:

A. He was unwilling to be more forceful in foreign relations.

B. He was unwilling to keep his own people in line.

I also like(ed) Garrosh - He was willing to take what the Horde needed to survive, and he always controlled his people. However, those two qualities backfired quickly:

A. He decided to engage in a full scale global war, not for resources, but for pure conquest.

B. His leash on the races of the Horde has grown far, far too tight; To them, he's all but a tyrant now.

Neither of them are fit to lead the Horde - Once, maybe, but not now.

More to the point though, my fear is that, if Thrall becomes Warchief at the end of MoP, all the blame for everything that's happened will be shifted on to Garrosh, when much of it simply isn't his fault.

It's not Garrosh's fault that the Orcs are at war in Ashenvale.

It's not Garrosh's fault that the Horde and Alliance haven't made peace.

It's not Garrosh's fault that the Forsaken are expanding.

It's not Garrosh's fault that the Horde doesn't know when to !@#$ing quit it.

It's Thrall's fault. It's always been his fault.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Thrall's a cool dude and all, but the second he decided to start going by "Go'el" he sealed his fate.

Honestly, before Cata I'd never thought it was even possible for an orc to be that wimpy.
Reply Quote

Not really. He could have easily reined in much of this had he not been distracted by the Cataclysm and forced to allow Garrosh to take over. Garrosh's war is what's enabled all of this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Actually....

*Thrall picks up the shoulderpads of Garrosh*

Thrall: The weight.... of such a burdon... it must be mine for there is no other to---

Me: Thrall! You hold the grim destiny of the horde in your hands brother but it is not your own....

*I am sitting on the Ogrimmar Throne*

Thrall: By all that is elemental......

Me: The Dark Shaman's creation SEALED MY FATE!!! The world of the Alliance... can no longer comfort me... Place the armor upon my shoulders Go'el and forever more I will be the jailer of the Horde....

Thrall: But I have to i jus---

Me: DO IT THRALL!!! You and Aggra really need to go away everyone is tired of seeing you... just go...

Me: You wont be forgotten human.....

Me: I must be forgotten!!! If the world is to live free from the fear that the horde will either attack or be lead by a peace loving hippie then they must never know what was done here today.....

*Thrall places Garrosh's shoulder pads upon me and the room begins to shake as my eyes turn green and green fire shoots out*

Me: Tell them only... that the Warchief is dead.... and tell them that... a random alliance player died with him.....

There ill become warchief ill take the burdon.
+5 internets.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/25/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Madisel
Not really. He could have easily reined in much of this had he not been distracted by the Cataclysm and forced to allow Garrosh to take over. Garrosh's war is what's enabled all of this.

But who enabled the enabler? And even if Thrall could never have forseen what Garrosh would one day become, it's not exactly as if he was good choice before all the bloodthirsty warmongering started up.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Deadfist
But who enabled the enabler? And even if Thrall could never have forseen what Garrosh would one day become, it's not exactly as if he was good choice before all the bloodthirsty warmongering started up.

Thrall reflects on this a lot in The Shattering. Basically, Garrosh is a very skilled and very well-liked war leader before the Cataclysm, even among non-orcs, and he's easily the safest choice. Or so he seems in that book. Afterwards, Thrall's busy with other things, and immediately waffling on the choice for Garrosh wouldn't have helped the Horde any; it may have even split it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/25/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Madisel

"Garrosh's war" existed long before Garrosh. Everything that's happening now can be traced to Thrall not fixing things then.
Reply Quote
But none of it was hot, or a genuine crisis, until the war started. Alliance/Horde relations even in The Shattering were... strained, but not actually hostile at the time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Really all the fault lies with Blizzard's initial inability to decide between the "headstrong yet honorable" Garrosh and the "bloodthirsty and bigoted" Garrosh.
Reply Quote
08/25/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Deadfist
Really all the fault lies with Blizzard's initial inability to decide between the "headstrong yet honorable" Garrosh and the "bloodthirsty and bigoted" Garrosh.

Well, that too.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
08/25/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Deadfist
Well if he wants to go down the road of genocide, I think he's abandon all of his honor right there.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
08/25/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Lazyguide
Well if he wants to go down the road of genocide, I think he's abandon all of his honor right there.

Hah yeah there's really no hope of any kind of redemption now. I'm fairly interested to see what will finally turn us against him seeing as we're apparently ok with the whole Theramore thing
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Thrall has made many mistakes that have repercussions now. He was a good Warchief but his time has passed.

I'd accept him as High Shaman/Chieftan for the Orc racial leader but not so much Warchief.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]