The Sapperwix Thread! (Do Not Report Bugs Here!)

(Locked)

Quality Assurance
Greetings All!

This is the new relatively-open discussion thread for the Bug Report Forums. I've gotten to know a lot of you over the course of the Mists of Pandaria Beta and I want to keep those communication channels open. Much like those frequent push threads I only ask that you be constructive, respectful, and reasonably game related.

--Old Introduction--

My name is Sapperwix and I am the Bug Report Forums moderator. I wanted to briefly introduce myself and let you know where I’m coming from. I am a representative and employee of the Blizzard Quality Assurance department. I have been with the department for over 7 years and have been involved, at one time or another, with testing every aspect of the game.

I have always felt that this forum has been one of the best places for QA to get reports from the players. The reports logged here go directly to our testing team who research them in controlled environments. Let me assure you that we do read every thread that is posted here.

I will try to be as interactive as possible within this community. I am excited for us to work together as we enter the next chapter in the epic saga of Warcraft.
Edited by Sapperwix on 9/26/2012 9:37 AM PDT
88 Human Rogue
Thank you Sapperwix,

Have only been trying to play the game for 3 years, but this is first time that I have tried to participate.

Thanks again for your efforts in keeping us informed.

Fran
85 Human Death Knight
I never post here but I wanted to let the QA department know that they rock.
90 Undead Priest
Hello where is the snack table
90 Goblin Shaman
Sapperwix, do you know if the SecureAuraHeader bug will be fixed before MoP or will we have to wait longer?

[Bug] SecureAuraHeader:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6246945961
90 Human Death Knight
where me pie at :D
60 Night Elf Druid
In before the average page in this thread consists of 3 posts because the rest of them were deleted bug reports posted in the wrong thread.

;-)
Edited by Lorinall on 8/27/2012 4:02 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Warrior
Sup Sapper,

Just wanted to say thanks to you and the rest of the QA team for being awesome and doing your best to keep us up to date on Beta realm status and the like. You guys (and gals) rock. :)
90 Blood Elf Priest
08/27/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Sapperwix
I've gotten to know a lot of you over the course of the Mists of Pandaria Beta

Knew I should have done more on the beta... I only played with a couple talents and updated my addons to be MoP-ready, and that really limits the amount of game bugs that one can report as you aren't out in the world finding them. :P

Anyway, I'm sure many people will be happy to have you spending more time back here once the beta finishes up. Keep up the good QA, and maybe nudge a developer or two to fix more of the bugs you all verify. :)
90 Night Elf Hunter
Is there a place I can go to make a suggestion on the game? I've searched the forums and can't seem to find a place. My suggestion is that when you bring you profession down to the talent bar that they have the numbers for the level you are for that particular profession. Sorry if this is the wrong place, but perhaps you can redirect me....thanks bunches :-)
Quality Assurance
08/27/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Cynthris
Is there a place I can go to make a suggestion on the game?

In general the best place to make a suggestion is in the best associated discussion forum. We have people who survey all the subforums and do take notice when things gain momentum. The best advocates for your suggestion are other players.
Quality Assurance
In before the average page in this thread consists of 3 posts because the rest of them were deleted bug reports posted in the wrong thread.

;-)

Yeah that, this isn't the place to report bugs or ask about particular bugs' status. I was pretty open about that on the Beta threads but there's just going to be too much volume on 5.0.4 live for me to keep up with that sort of thing. When a high-traffic forums bug gets modified or fixed I'll be updating those threads.
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm Jaladar and I approve this message ;)

(Very cool thing you have done here btw Sapperwix)
90 Pandaren Rogue
Such a big day coming. I supose it might be like when pre-cata patch come in, about a whole day of servers offline.

But maybe that was just cata.
90 Night Elf Priest
Sapperwix,

You did a fine job during beta maintenance periods rustling all us cats into something mostly constructive, lighthearted, and most importantly fun! Well done Sir, not many could have walked the razor's edge which you seemed to manage efficiently on a weekly basis.

See ya in the Mists!

Thorinsage
90 Pandaren Hunter
Could you take another look at how bouncy Male pandas are when running? I think it might be a bug because it makes me feel like I'm on a boat at sea going up ... and down... up and down. (Reference to the movie "the natural" when they are talking to the psychologist).

Thanks!
Edited by Galluccio on 8/27/2012 8:08 PM PDT
90 Tauren Hunter
Just wanted to pop on and say hi....so HI! Thank you Sapper for all your info during the last months of beta..got to admit you're my favorite :) I admire your patience and courage at having to face the angry mobs with their relentless demands and questions. You sir, deserve a raise...and a vacation...somewhere nice and warm and quiet. A job well done to you and everyone at Blizzard.

P.S. No....I'm not a brown noser trying to earn points.......BUT...if you happen to have anything shiny and cool laying around that you don't need...you know where to send it to. J/K
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
Is my assumption correct by assuming the beta will still be going even after 5.0.4 goes live ?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Can't believe we're not on page 15 or higher on this thread yet.

Hi Sapper, Just want to echo my appreciation for all you did/put up with for us crazy beta addicts. The whole Blizzard team put together a great expansion and I can't wait for Sept 25th.

Is there a "last day of beta" set yet? My farm needs me :)
Quality Assurance
08/27/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Bluspacecow
Is my assumption correct by assuming the beta will still be going even after 5.0.4 goes live ?

Yes, we don't have a solid date for shutting down the beta but it will be closer to the MOP box release.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]