The Sapperwix Thread! (Do Not Report Bugs Here!)

(Locked)

80 Dwarf Warlock
In general I only respond to high-traffic threads, especially if it's affecting a lot people. There's simply too many bugs and fixes that are occurring (a vast majority of which occur before players even see them) for me to respond to every thread. If I see a thread that I instantly know the status of I'll respond to it but that's infrequent.
The way our system is structured we do read every single thread but yeah, not in reasonable bandwidth to communicate at that level. And a lot of you know I do seriously value communication.

I guess that makes sense, but I know for my part, experiencing what could fairly accurately be described as a game-breaking bug that's only affecting a small number of players makes me afraid this particular character may not have a pet bar for a very long time.

You know what would be cool? (and I know you'll go, "Yeah, we've thought of that but no" but I'll say it anyway.) Something that basically just says "This thread has been read by QA." Just to let us know that yes, our true-to-life bug has at least been seen.

Then again, I know you guys look at literally every thread in this forum, so it's more just a selfish need to feel loved than something necessary.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work. When guild leveling was first released, there was a bug that prevented late night players at weekly reset from gaining guild XP and rep for a week and I reported it and it was fixed within a month, so I really appreciated that.
85 Gnome Warlock
I get "message: ..Framexml\worldmapframe.lua ine 1535 attempt to concatenate a nil value", how can I fix that error?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just wanted to say TY for your work. You have the answers when other blues seem to be hitting macro responses. You make my game experience better and DESERVE the title "Quality Assurance". Keep it up!
90 Tauren Warrior
Question: How can I post a bug comment in the right place when the search engine doesn't put the correct bug thread at the top? Also, thread titles are pretty arbitrary, and I find I sometimes miss and established thread on a bug because I didn't use the right words when I searched... or even because I DID use the right words, which don't appear in the OP.
Quality Assurance
09/13/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Stakiyah
Question: How can I post a bug comment in the right place when the search engine doesn't put the correct bug thread at the top? Also, thread titles are pretty arbitrary, and I find I sometimes miss and established thread on a bug because I didn't use the right words when I searched... or even because I DID use the right words, which don't appear in the OP.

All I ask is that you exercise some amount of due diligence, I know the search function isn't perfect and people don't always title their threads as well as they could. The main thing is it shouldn't be obvious that you didn't try to find an existing thread before posting your own.

First check known issues and then search a couple different combos and wording, make sure there isn't a big thread on the first couple pages (especially if it seems like a bug a lot of people would run into) and if you haven't turned up anything then post.
Quality Assurance
JFYI I'm going to be at the midnight signing in Irvine, CA. I'm gonna wear a little "Hi My Name Is Sapperwix" name-tag, come by say hi and get a little Sapperwix on your box.
60 Night Elf Druid
09/20/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Sapperwix
JFYI I'm going to be at the midnight signing in Irvine, CA. I'm gonna wear a little "Hi My Name Is Sapperwix" name-tag, come by say hi and get a little Sapperwix on your box.

AMG SOMEBODY POST PICTURES
Quality Assurance
I don't read bugs in this thread! I changed the thread title, hopefully that'll be clearer.

Anyways WHO'S EXCITED FOR PANDARIA!

WOOOOOO!

You are all seriously going to love it, some of the best and most engaging content we've ever put out.
90 Human Rogue
The Kaz has returned! Pandaria beware!

Looking forward to all the new content personally. There's a lot of aggro about the new features and design choices, but I think that anyone who judges it before actually experiencing it is just judging a book by it's cover.

/Vanish for another year

Edit: Sapper I don't think "(No Bugs!)" is clear enough. People will likely say they thought that meant the thread was working.
Try something along the lines of "The Sapperwix Thread (Do not report bugs here!)" imo. Not exactly fancy, but maybe it'll get a better message across.
Edited by Kazrana on 9/24/2012 7:24 PM PDT
Quality Assurance
09/24/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Kazrana
Try something along the lines of "The Sapperwix Thread (Do not report bugs here!)" imo. Not exactly fancy, but maybe it'll get a better message across.

That's a darn good idea.
Kazrana! Welcome back!

I finally got my CE in the mail today. Pet Battles have been keeping me more than satisfied until it had arrived. :)
Kazrana! Welcome back!

:D

So far MoP is epic. Dungeons are a huge breath of fresh air, having flying projectiles is a brand new way of implementing 'don't stand in the fire' that really makes an old overused mechanic seem new, and the pandaren starting area was great.
Still not sure how quests will be when she goes to pandaria though, I haven't looked deep enough to find out if the pandas we play as are of a different faction to the pandaria pandas.

And I must say, I'm finding a real lack of bugs compared to a normal launch. Although judging by the forum I'm just not experiencing any personally. I'll still give it my seal of approval though.
90 Worgen Warlock
Two quick questions: if every bug thread is read, why are so few of the reported bugs added to the known issues list?

And are bugs/requests/suggestions on other forums likely to contain them(for example, the beta pet battles forum) also recorded?

Great thread, and good to know that bug threads are always read, even if they aren't acknowledged. Keep up the amazing work!
Quality Assurance
09/26/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Dragonjts
Two quick questions: if every bug thread is read, why are so few of the reported bugs added to the known issues list?

To clarify: every bug thread is read eventually. At this point we're mostly paying attention to issues that are affecting a lot of players or ones that are extremely detrimental to play. In the coming weeks we'll be reviewing every thread that has since been posted. There's an ebb and flow to it all.

There's a lot that goes into what we decide to publish, it's similar to some of the secret sauce metrics I use to decide what threads I respond to.

09/26/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Dragonjts
And are bugs/requests/suggestions on other forums likely to contain them(for example, the beta pet battles forum) also recorded?

We do browse through them but they don't have the same coverage that we have for this forum. If you find a bug, post it here. We consider those other forums feedback and discussion.
90 Human Warlock
I am experiencing a archeology bug in the sense that since I hit level 600 skill I can no longer obtain keystones for troll tol ivir or night elf, over 510 dig sites in killimondor and not one of those keystones fell I did however have several dwarf dig sites and received 3 keystones of 7 or so dwarf dig sites in killimondor which is the average I have found in general pre MOP, although this sort of bug clearly won't affect many wow players, but then again not many wow players are trying to complete the cata rares for archeology, and all I can say is I am very close to achieving this insane grind and feat and my situation is very problematic and hindering my personal game play atm that I specifically purchased game time to do.

Have been waiting on gm ticket for over 3 days and it has said 1 day 51 minutes average wait time for 3 days, I decided to check out the forums and hope you are the man to help me resolve my situation which very well may be a game wide bug but we all would not hear about it with MOP coming out and people are more or less focused on questing and leveling their toons atm.
Edited by Netxisowteno on 9/28/2012 12:00 PM PDT
90 Worgen Mage
EDIT: To the poster above me, this is not a bug report thread. It also sounds like you have absurdly bad RNG luck as opposed to a bug.
To clarify: every bug thread is read eventually. At this point we're mostly paying attention to issues that are affecting a lot of players or ones that are extremely detrimental to play. In the coming weeks we'll be reviewing every thread that has since been posted. There's an ebb and flow to it all.

There's a lot that goes into what we decide to publish, it's similar to some of the secret sauce metrics I use to decide what threads I respond to.

I'm genuinely curious as to the process of how you get to all of the threads. Do you ACTUALLY get to every single thread, or are there a few unfortunate ones that slip by? Do you have some additional tools to sort through this forum to prevent falling behind?

I've been lurking on this board way more than usual due to the influx of bugs this time around. It's difficult for me at least to keep up with the posts. It's like every hour we have a whole fresh batch of posts up. I couldn't even read through it all if I tried, and I have a lot of free time!

Tell me, what is the method to your madness?
Edited by Rhykes on 9/29/2012 10:22 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]