The Sapperwix Thread! (Do Not Report Bugs Here!)

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
08/29/2012 10:08 AMPosted by Sapperwix
Not responding to bug statuses in this thread.

New page, new reminder.

I couldn't even read through it all if I tried, and I have a lot of free time!
I use to read every post on this forum back around when 4.2 launched I think it was, and responded to a lot of them since I had spare time back then.
A lot of free time to one person can really pale in comparison to another :P
Edited by Kazrana on 9/29/2012 11:56 PM PDT
60 Night Elf Druid
I saw this in the comments of Subway's public Facebook page. It immediately reminded me of people posting bug reports in this thread. Because this is the most effective place to post your concerns and feedback, right?

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/4683/capturelbx.jpg
90 Human Rogue
09/30/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Lorinall
Because this is the most effective place to post your concerns and feedback, right?
I would argue that it's even less effective. Hell, imagine if people posted WoW bug reports on a facebook page!
60 Night Elf Druid
09/30/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Kazrana
Because this is the most effective place to post your concerns and feedback, right?
I would argue that it's even less effective. Hell, imagine if people posted WoW bug reports on a facebook page!

They do. :(
90 Human Rogue
09/30/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Lorinall
They do. :(
Oh dear...
I am so glad I've never browsed the page.
100 Undead Warlock
Here's a question for Sapperwix in regards to this forum...

Does reporting posts for bumping/spamming/other anti-CoC-type posts, etc actually do anything, or is this forum not really moderated by the mod squad, or do you do your own moderation?

Essentially, is it worth the time to report posts on this forum?

Essentially, is it worth the time to report posts on this forum?

It's worth it but understand that it is less moderated than other forums. It's mostly just me.
100 Undead Warlock
Ok. That's what I thought. Thanks!
'm genuinely curious as to the process of how you get to all of the threads. Do you ACTUALLY get to every single thread, or are there a few unfortunate ones that slip by? Do you have some additional tools to sort through this forum to prevent falling behind?

I've been lurking on this board way more than usual due to the influx of bugs this time around. It's difficult for me at least to keep up with the posts. It's like every hour we have a whole fresh batch of posts up. I couldn't even read through it all if I tried, and I have a lot of free time!

Tell me, what is the method to your madness?

We do read every single thread. We do use some shortcuts to help knock out related and duplicate threads at the same time.

We have a number of tools (some are of my own design) to keep track of everything that comes in, hence why I'm such a stickler for One Thread = One Bug. I can't go into specifics but I'm pretty proud of the system we have set up.
60 Night Elf Druid
10/01/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Sapperwix
We do use some shortcuts to help knock out related and duplicate threads at the same time.

I would assume that such tools will from time to time accidentally lump a short bug report together with a lengthy report and thread on a similar, but different issue. Even a human skimming the report is liable to make that mistake occasionally.
Quality Assurance
10/01/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Lorinall
I would assume that such tools will from time to time accidentally lump a short bug report together with a lengthy report and thread on a similar, but different issue. Even a human skimming the report is liable to make that mistake occasionally.

I'm not going to say it's impossible but the short bug report would have to be A: extremely poorly written so that the bug they're describing is difficult to decipher and B: not reported by anyone else anywhere.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
has beta ended? the servers have been down all day for me
100 Draenei Warrior
09/27/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Sapperwix
We do browse through them but they don't have the same coverage that we have for this forum. If you find a bug, post it here. We consider those other forums feedback and discussion.
I must admit, I'm curious about whether or not you guys browse half the various lounge threads out there.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Is the Commonly Reported Issues That Are Not QA Bugs sticky going to get updates? I know the first few issues have links (forums.worldofwarcraft.com rather than us.battle.net) or directions (how to report an issue on the armory) that could use some attention.
82 Undead Death Knight
is the ptr coming up today
82 Undead Death Knight
the betas been down for almost 2 days for me
82 Undead Death Knight
anyone knows whats hapening?
10/03/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Creepiedoll
the betas been down for almost 2 days for me

10/03/2012 05:21 AMPosted by Creepiedoll
anyone knows whats hapening?

same.....i hope i didnt miss the last day of beta, i wasnt done testing monk :(
(ik i can test it now but i wanted to see a lil more about them before i started to lvl one)
82 Undead Death Knight
i as playing public test realm how did you get monk class
10/03/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Creepiedoll
i as playing public test realm how did you get monk class

i thought u said beta that has been down 2 days for me
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]