Apply patch error - already have the patch

90 Human Death Knight
I start up my WoW, and log in like always. Then it starts "Downloading Update.. #%" and stops at about 90%, telling me "Patch required" and to apply the patch. Then it proceeds to say it failed to apply the patch. I've already downloaded patch 5.0.4, and my game was working properly at around 3:20 PDT. Then all of a sudden this started happening.

Screens:

http://puu.sh/ZMJz.png

http://puu.sh/ZMKd.png

http://puu.sh/ZML3.png

There is no patch to download from the downloader/launcher, since I've already downloaded it before. Also, opening the background downloader results in this: http://puu.sh/ZMMp.png

I have no idea what is going on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
When I try to use the repair tool, it says "Repair is unable to fix your world of warcraft installation. Please re-install the game."

Is reinstalling really the only way? Would love help from a GM, trying to avoid a full reinstall as much as possible because I have a raid tonight. :/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Are you launching the World of Warcraft Launcher? It should patch from there and not in the game itself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I open the launcher, and it starts downloading some updated tools. Then it prompts me to enter my admin password for World of Warcraft Migration Setup. I enter it, and it opens for a second then closes. Then it re-opens the launcher, and proceeds to launch the game client itself, leading to the problem in my original post.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I'm having the same error and posted a thread, I deleted my game and am trying the reinstall since I tried just about everything else...26% downloaded and counting
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/28/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Niernen
I open the launcher, and it starts downloading some updated tools. Then it prompts me to enter my admin password for World of Warcraft Migration Setup. I enter it, and it opens for a second then closes. Then it re-opens the launcher, and proceeds to launch the game client itself, leading to the problem in my original post.

Can you delete your WoW.mfil and WoW.tfil from your World of Warcraft directory and try again?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I deleted those 2 files and tried the launcher again. It still goes exactly as I said, and runs into the same problem within the game client itself.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
08/28/2012 04:28 PMPosted by Niernen
I deleted those 2 files and tried the launcher again. It still goes exactly as I said, and runs into the same problem within the game client itself.

Somehow its saying its up to date when it is not :(

Can you try deleting the Battle.net folder in Users/Shared and then launch the launcher. This redownloads all the WoW tools and should force update it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
The game works now! Deleted the Battle.net folder, and opened launcher, etc. It went through optimization and the game loaded up and all as usual.

There is also another problem though, I had WoW running at 4x Anti Aliasing before, (10 mins after servers came back up), but now the only options I see ars 1x and 2x. Is there any way to turn it on to 4x, or what turned the option off? The 4x option is completely gone, not greyed out (before, I could see 4x, 8x, and 16x.).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I am having this exact same problem. I also open the launcher (which seems to be the old cata one?) it downloads the updating tools, enter my password, does the migration thing. Reopens the launcher, then goes to ingame where it trys to download the patch again, fails and repeats the whole process. Now some how I have got passed there and it has got to the MoP launcher, but it says it wants to optimize everything again?

My question is now that I'm here, if I click Begin on this optimize prompt is it going to want to redownload the patch again or what is going to happen? I'm on a wireless prepaid internet connection and the rates are incredibly steep. It cost more than the expansion itself to buy credit to download this 6gb patch and I'm really not keen on having to do it again!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Also when I got home from work about 3.5 hours ago I logged straight in no dramas but had ridiculous FPS lag (5fps) and logged in and out a few times and changed my video settings to see if I could fix it, it kept doing it so I restarted my computer and ran into the above problem when I tried to login again :(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I seemed to have missed this.

08/28/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Niernen
There is also another problem though, I had WoW running at 4x Anti Aliasing before, (10 mins after servers came back up), but now the only options I see ars 1x and 2x. Is there any way to turn it on to 4x, or what turned the option off? The 4x option is completely gone, not greyed out (before, I could see 4x, 8x, and 16x.).

Try looking here to explain the Anti-Aliasing changes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6471447232#5
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
09/04/2012 03:26 AMPosted by Snådge
Also when I got home from work about 3.5 hours ago I logged straight in no dramas but had ridiculous FPS lag (5fps) and logged in and out a few times and changed my video settings to see if I could fix it, it kept doing it so I restarted my computer and ran into the above problem when I tried to login again :(

Did the optimization go through the first time? It sounds like it wasn't completed.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Yeah it did, I know it did because it took me ages to get it to go then when it did I pretty much watched it through till the end, I was playing the game fine on Monday, came home yesterday had major fps lag.. few restarts and relogs and now im back to square 1 I don't get it?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
What I mainly want to know is if I reoptimize everything again am I going to have to redownload the 6gb patch again? Or is it going to sort the files out and let me play?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You may have to, but I'm trying to figure out why it is asking for it again. When the game optimizes, it basically merged the older 4.x MPQ files, and downloads the 5.x files it needs. This also removes the older launcher, background downloader and updater from the WoW folder.

Do you see any of these files in your WoW folder?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm at work right now but I'm 99% sure the files are still there. The launcher seems to be the old cata one again. It's a weird situation cause I fully updated to 5.0.4 and actually played for a day then the next day I ran into all these problems and suddenly I'm back to the old patch lol. I really really don't want to have to redownload anything it cost me nearly 100$ in credit for the 6gb patch I can't afford to waste any more money.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Today I managed to get to the optimizer and it began downloading, then locked up and when I restarted it went straight to 99% sat there for a minute or so then launched the game and I logged in :o I had a bit of FPS lag running on all low settings with view distance set to good but I will restart and muck around a bit more, atleast I'm back in, finally. Weird series of events..

Monday, logged in and played as normal

Tuesday, logged in had ridiculous fps lag and relogged/restarted my computer a few times and ended up with this "already have the patch issue"

Today, try again... get to the optimizer, run it after it freezes once then without downloading anything get straight into the game?

Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Im having the exact same problem as Niernen, however i cant figure out how to fix it since im using a mac. i found some battle.net files and deleted them, however its like nothing had happened and it just goes on to say the same error screen she has what do i do on a MAC to fix this problem?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What version is your World of Warcraft Launcher? Is should be Version 1.0.0.1113.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]