Found a UFO on wow?

90 Tauren Druid
I was doing a dungeon, and this UFO spawned.. it slowly came towards us during the fight... it had a green center and a silver disk around it.. i got a picture just as it diapered D: but has anyone seen this before or know what it is?

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/257188_489405327736594_1526907428_o.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Dear god, the Aliens are coming for you. They want to mutilate your cowness.

Seriously what is that?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
i have no idea.. wish i got a picture earlier before its dispersal... it was the stereotypical ufo model... just slowly coming at us and spinning
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Has anyone found out what this is?

I have encountered it once in Tol Barad while skinning spiders, but was unable to get a screenshot at the time. It was "your basic UFO" silver saucer thing with a blinking light in the center.

My first thought was some sort of mechanical battlepet rare spawn, but I was unable to click on it. I can click on every other rare spawn battlepet I see in game.

I was with a friend at the time, but he did not see it. I am totally kicking myself that I did not get a screenshot, but I was too busy trying to click on it and figure out what in the world (or what OUT of the world) it was.

Anyone have any ideas? Or any additional screenshots?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Ancient Aliens!!

I WANT TO BELIEVE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Did it look like this: http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/hummerluvver/ufo1.jpg ?

If so, I just found out, quite disappointingly, that it is a paladin's Avenger Shield, most likely one that missed it's target. This is exactly what I saw... however, it was moving extremely slow in Tol Barad when I first saw it, which I assume to have been a latency spike of some sort before flying back to its paladin owner.

Oh well, I'm off to watch some X-Files. See ya. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
OMG, thank you for this explanation!!! This UFO was driving me crazy all during my MoP leveling -- which I did exclusively alongside my paladin hubby. The weird thing was that he himself could not see it -- only I could. It took a screenshot from me to prove I wasn't crazy. :)
Edited by Lorienne on 10/2/2012 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I was confused by one of these too, it was just hovering in a plant and I walked around it for a few minutes before it disappeared. Thanks for the explanation. =)
Reply Quote
60 Night Elf Druid
I, too have seen the Avenger's Shield inexplicably hovering slowly across the dungeon when running with the dungeon finder. I don't think it's supposed to behave that way though.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Need to call Agents Mulder and Scully immediately!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Maybe only slightly related but I've seen this happen with a mage's arcane missiles. At least, I think it was a mage's arcane missiles. These purple bolty balls just veeeery slowly followed us up a flight of stairs and no one seemed to notice or care... besides me anyway. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]