Shaman can't summon 4 totems at once

(Locked)

100 Draenei Shaman
After the new patch 5.0.4 my Enhancement Shaman can't summon four totems at once anymore. This has to be a game error. When playing pvp Shamans need all totems up front or that's it - dead. If this is a downgrade who was thinking that this would work? This feature is required for a Shammy.
90 Human Paladin
You probably cant have all 4 up at once because most of them are 6-10 second cooldowns now, if yer trying to drop them all, yer first is basically gunna be wasted
100 Draenei Death Knight
This is actually normal.

Most of your static buff totems that you used to put down, like Strength of Earth and Windfury, are now a passive buff your shaman gives to all allies. You are the totem; it moves with you. With the exception of Searing and... I forget the name, but the AoE fire one, which you still put down every time you move, your remaining totems are all cooldowns. For example-- if I remember what I read, I didn't play my shaman alt yesterday-- Healing Stream has a shorter duration and a cooldown, but each tick heals for a lot more than the old one used to.

You don't have to put down four totems all the time now, in other words. Use them as you need them.

(But, if you miss it and/or want decoys, there's a minor glyph that will put down dummy totems for the other elements.)
85 Troll Mage
I have found this to be my solution... yes i know it still sucks but what can we do??

These are my totem choices as enhancement spec'd.. 1st make a macro..and include the below text, then save it, move the icon on your toolbar...to activate the totems you will have to press the icon 1-4 depending on how many totems you have. Its not the best fix..but it's something.

#showtooltip
/castsequence [conditionals] reset=target/combat
Earthgrab Totem,Capacitor Totem,Searing Totem,Healing Stream Totem
90 Orc Hunter
Read patch notes much?
90 Draenei Shaman
I blame Thrall and that whole "World Shaman" bs. You lost your totems Thrall. Just admit it so we can all move on. sheez...
90 Human Rogue
08/29/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Taeh
After the new patch 5.0.4 my Enhancement Shaman can't summon four totems at once anymore. This has to be a game error. When playing pvp Shamans need all totems up front or that's it - dead. If this is a downgrade who was thinking that this would work? This feature is required for a Shammy.

NAB! Not A BUG!

You can use a minor glyph to put up 4 totems as targets for PVP, so nothing really changes. Sadly, totems are kinda... close to useless. The change did take a lot of the totem falvor out of the class.

Pretty much, all you have to drop is Searing/Fire Ele and the occasional HST/HTT. Other than that the gameplay is pretty much the same.
90 Undead Hunter
Glyph of Totemic Encirclement. You're welcome.
08/29/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Taeh

Not a bug, Patch notes are your friend.
58 Troll Shaman
Ya I wish they gave us our 1 spell to drop 4 chosen totems -_-. Takes to much time to drop each single one you need esp in pvp. I just freeze one if solo and drop em down but still lol.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]