Low level healing broken (more than 85)

83 Human Rogue
After running several low level dungeons and doing some pvp on alts... I've quickly realized that healing has broken somewhere in the code of 5.0.4. Healers are cracking flash heals that heal for more than max hp below 60 and above 60 they're hitting for about 2x max health on non crits. I sure hope this is looked at soon, as it completely breaks low level pvp and completely ruins the fun of leveling a healer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing/damage, throughout this entire game is not balanced below level cap. The patch that just hit, raised the lvl cap to 90, meaning damaging spells and healing spells are balanced for increased health pools.

hint: this happens every pre-expansion patch.... it is not broken it is working as intended.
Edited by Glorÿ on 8/29/2012 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Healing/damage, throughout this entire game is not balanced below level cap. The patch that just hit, raised the lvl cap to 90, meaning damaging spells and healing spells are balanced for increased health pools.

hint: this happens every pre-expansion patch.... it is not broken it is working as intended.

Why even have the ability to queue for a pvp battleground if it isnt semi balanced at level 19? Or level 49? Or level 70?

If it isn't balanced why have LFD queues as a low level? Now you can just hit 2 heals in a old dungeon and zzzzzzzzzz

Also why the crap am I getting hit for 17k holy shocks at level 70?

Because, as the person you quoted said, they don't balance for anything below level cap. They have stated this repeatedly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Why even have the ability to queue for a pvp battleground if it isnt semi balanced at level 19? Or level 49? Or level 70?

If it isn't balanced why have LFD queues as a low level? Now you can just hit 2 heals in a old dungeon and zzzzzzzzzz

Also why the crap am I getting hit for 17k holy shocks at level 70?

Because some people want to PvP at low levels regardless of balance?

Because some people enjoy dungeons, even if they are grossly easy?

Because this is the end of an expansion and everything has changed massively, and a general sense of balance will return once the next expansion is released?

And, yes, because the time needed to balance the game at every level, in every way, is absurd and the majority of the player base is more invested in the level cap than the leveling process.
Reply Quote
83 Human Rogue
You see, previous expansions powered up heals, but did not put them on par with what they are today.

BC didn't even increase the power of heals. You healed for the same amount in 2.0 as 1.12 (for the most part, barring int-sp conversion talents). Wrath rolled healing buffs into heals and gave some AP-SP conversions, but in general heals were still fine (i.e my 70 Paladin's flash of light only crit for about 2.1k as ret in full season 4 gear on a 13k health pool). Cata did buff heals greatly, but they also cost a ton more mana. This did unbalance low level a bit in the 60 and 70 brackets and damage became a bit unbalanced, but in general you could still enjoy bg's.

Now in cata, my 68 priest with missing gear and no boa's has a shield that absorbs 14k, a renew that ticks for 50% of my health on crits, and a greater heal that crits for 7-8x my max health pool with CD's up (I'm not kidding, with evangelism and 3 stacks of grace, greater heals were critting 46-52k). DPS class damage hasn't changed a ton, maybe increased 20% or so. Baseline resil and increased hp in mobs/dungeons balances the damage changes nicely, but the healing makes pvp impossible.

As a last source of anecdotal evidence, my 80 twink healing shaman can pop 112k Greater Healing waves...! My earthliving weapon PROC ticks for 14k when I'm low health. This is honestly completely laughable.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
08/30/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Nobettername
Cata did buff heals greatly, but they also cost a ton more mana.

Mists buffed heals greatly, but we also have a lot less regen.

Guys, stop worrying, the patch went live literally two days ago.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The thing is, for every OP healer, there's an OP dps. Communicate and focus the healer and all is good... Like before when it was, "Ok, all you rogues take out the Hunters and Paladins."
Reply Quote
82 Human Priest
What I find laughable here is that 1)Blizzard never ever ever balances low level pvp *hence the reason I have a twink 79 rogue, have fun killing me I crit for 2x your health* 2) coming from a rogue, which can arguably be the most OP pvp dps class, you're complaining about not being able to kill a healer? Really? You can literally lock them down and most of the time there is 8 or more dps in a bg vs 1 healer...coordinate yourselves, healing should not be below how much dmg a dps can do it should be far above especially now with how much CC actually exists between every class in this game
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
08/29/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Nobettername
above 60 they're hitting for about 2x max health on non crits

Uh yeah, my Regrowth hits for just over 3k (I have 7.3k health). Try again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
It has nothing to do with lower lvl unbalance... the healers are hard core op.. try pvping in lower brackets wtih your team having no healers and the other team having tons of holy pallys on their team.. your gettin your butt handed to you every where you go.. you almost knock a player out and they get fully healed in one shot.... you can't even knock down a healer without 3-6 other players helping you and when you do they fully heal you back up and turn around and one shot everyone with ONE dps move... its nasty...

I thought at first I was over reacting.. but after 4 days of straight pvp on one toon and trying other lvl brackets.. its the same everywhere I look...
Edited by Aqulalais on 8/31/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
08/31/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Zyluna
above 60 they're hitting for about 2x max health on non crits

Uh yeah, my Regrowth hits for just over 3k (I have 7.3k health). Try again.

This applies to healing specs. My flash heal with 3 stacks of grace heals for 12.5-13.5k on non crits, 15k with evangilism up. That is definitely double my health. Even in shadow spec, flash is healing for about max health to 1.2x max health non crit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It has nothing to do with lower lvl unbalance... the healers are hard core op.. try pvping in lower brackets wtih your team having no healers and the other team having tons of holy pallys on their team.. your gettin your butt handed to you every where you go.. you almost knock a player out and they get fully healed in one shot.... you can't even knock down a healer without 3-6 other players helping you and when you do they fully heal you back up and turn around and one shot everyone with ONE dps move... its nasty...

I thought at first I was over reacting.. but after 4 days of straight pvp on one toon and trying other lvl brackets.. its the same everywhere I look...

I have actually been doing just that with a lowbie Shaman.

And yes, it's very intense (especially H Pallies with Holy Shock). However, Blizzard balances based on max level, not low levels. They will get around to tweaking the lower levels eventually, but it's likely to remain this way for some time.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Yes, Blizzard balances for level 90. However, I do not think this a good reason for the game to not make sense at lower levels.

In the last couple days I have seen things that just do not make any sense. These aren't always just "it is balanced for 90" things, these are sometimes just illogical choices.

For instances, leveling a Prot Warrior... You can start queuing for dungeons at level 15. From level 15 to level 20 as Prot the only threat generating abilities you have are Shield Slam (6 second cooldown) and Heroic Strike (30 rage cost) (you also have Victory Rush and Execute, but those are not tanking abilities).

Trying to tank with only those was a nightmare and thankfully I had RAF to hit level 20 for Thunderclap after only 1 dungeon. But really, why give new players Execute when mobs rarely sit at health low enough to use it instead of Thunderclap or something to actually tank with?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/01/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Tyrnyx
However, I do not think this a good reason for the game to not make sense at lower levels.

More deja vu. Shame the old boards are gone. The archives with the endless twink/anti twink pvp rants would be fun to read through again. I recall many fights where whiners cried that they got their butt kicked by "twinks" who'd just geared correctly aka stam + primary class stat and learned how to pvp. I had a 29 mage with 1450hp in early BC and would get cussed out by losers who were 27-29 with 800hp.

One of my favorite moments in this game was when my 29 geared out priest fought a geared 29 rogue for 3+ minutes 1v1 in WSG and I won.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/01/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Tyrnyx
Trying to tank with only those was a nightmare and thankfully I had RAF to hit level 20 for Thunderclap after only 1 dungeon. But really, why give new players Execute when mobs rarely sit at health low enough to use it instead of Thunderclap or something to actually tank with?

Probably for the same reason that they didn't give Bear Druids Swipe until the mid-30's at one point. (Which is to say, I don't really get the logic, and have been somewhat concerned that Blizzard doesn't always think about tanking and healing when they decide when you get certain abilities.)

However, I would point out that as long as you are in Defensive Stance, everything you do generates increased threat. If you are hitting the mob, it generates threat.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
There is nothing wrong with low level healing. I'm currently leveling a low level healer and have zero problems. I don't have mana issues either. Spamming flash heal is more a sign of an inexperienced healer or a healer that has to heal a group that takes too much damage too fast. Based on personal experience of late, I'd guess the latter over the former.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
09/02/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Shamful
There is nothing wrong with low level healing. I'm currently leveling a low level healer and have zero problems. I don't have mana issues either. Spamming flash heal is more a sign of an inexperienced healer or a healer that has to heal a group that takes too much damage too fast. Based on personal experience of late, I'd guess the latter over the former.

Err, you might want to reread. People are complaining that healers are too powerful, not that they're having any issues.
Reply Quote
53 Troll Hunter
"Its balanced for 90" is no excuse for the game bring broken at other levels. Its ok if one class is better than another class at 29 or 70 or whatever. But you can't have the situation where some classes can one-shot others, or where its impossible to tank until certain levels etc. Leveling does matter, blizz.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes, things are really out-of-whack. But then, it's always like this during the month between the last patch and the next expansion's launch. In the past, my healers suddenly went God mode in various ways, regardless of their gear. Then the tables turned on them when the expansion was released a month later. Hopefully, this is just temporary.

Two days ago, before I hit 77 with Cata gear, I found out that my holy shock can 1-shot players. I was getting 18k crits on people, and nobody in the last bracket had hit points that high. My highest crit now is just over 24k, which happened at 76 with no Cata gear. Now I find myself shocking people to death more than healing, because it's pretty hilarious.

It's silly for a healer's instant cast spell on a 6 second CD to 1-shot anybody. If I glyph it for pvp fun, it will hit 50% harder, which boggles the mind. I guess it's this way so that holy pallies can quest without getting a second set of gear. If I decide to quest soon, I guess I'll do so in holy spec, and just 1 shot mobs. That seems ... broken.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]