RIPOFF ARTIST WATCH OUT ( doodypants)

Recently I noticed a player Doodypants is been buying some of my Gems and re-selling them for double the price, I been watching this #$%^&ER for quite sometime and he does the same thing to other friends, if you wanna buy from him and feed him is up to you. We shouldn't buy his auctions cause he buys them from other players/friends ( you have the right to buy anything you want from the AH) if you are gonna flame me for selling a lil cheaper than other players don't even start, we all are trying to sell our merchandise but is not right that other players buy from you and re-selling is NOT right, YOU ARE GETTING RIPOFF BY HIM.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Buying stuff, and then marking it up for resale is a legitimate strategy, friend.

It can be pretty obnoxious when 3-4 people corner a market, only to mark up the prices of the items in question, true. So what do you do about it? Simple: Don't buy the over-priced crap. Of course, this will require the majority of Fenris in agreement...

By not purchasing items that have been grossly inflated, you force the seller to make a choice: do they continue posting at the higher price, waiting for someone to be desperate to pay their price? Or do they lower the price to a more reasonable level?

Also... what professions do you find yourself most in need of? Do you have alts? Have you considered levelling said professions, to cover your own needs, and possibly sell a little on the side?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
got to hate when people like that corner the market on your lvl 33 gems Minos, what an !@#$%^-
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
You put your gems up for way to cheap, that's your own fault :D
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
If anyone wants to buy all my stuff and resell it then they can go right ahead.

WTS all my stuff -PST me with offers
Edited by Nasela on 8/31/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
If it's out of my bags and I don't have to deal with it anymore, I don't care what someone does with it.
Reply Quote
1st hey Mother flower first off I am selling the same gems everyone is selling you dumb $%@^ker
2 nd my gems aren't too cheap is either 10g 0r 20g less i am not gonna sell a gem is worth 150g and put it in AH for 50g
Reply Quote
I have been keeping him in check about 20 hours of the day on red stat cuts. I was late getting cuts this expansion but in MoP I intend to cover the entire market from Vanilla-MoP. I'm sure my prices might not be agreeable but far below his is better than nothing.

He appears to be an amateur with his market control tactics and I hadn't seen him in WotLK so I don't think it will be a problem. If he decides to move into other markets with the same tactics you can be sure I will be hot on his tail. If he had only not made it personal I would have been in and out of the gem market in a week.

Thats the bad thing about being on the low population side - it's easy to control access. I used to be like him from Vanilla-BC and found that aside from it being profitable, the negative reputation isn't worth it. It's also just as profitable to sell for a lower price but in higher quantity. That reputation has gotten me sales even when I'm far from the lowest price - especially in doodyheads case.

BACK TO WAR
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Minós first of all, welcome to the AH. I'm confused.. did u not want to sell your stuff? Realise that without me you would NEVER sell you gems. The fact that you undercut by more than 1 copper shows you got alot to learn. The fact that you pst me all upset and quickly log off tells me you're another 10 yr old..

Auction, I continue to make thousands of gold a day.. I wouldn't consider you really keeping me in check. But it does trouble me that your sole purpose for paying for at least two WOW accounts is to stand in front of the AH for 22 hours a day. I've come across people like you and I honostly worry about our society.. I mean when do you have time for homework? You've got to get to highschool at least before you call it quits on life. I'll just continue to drain your remote AH per day so you can't lie to your parents and say your studying.. you'll have to logon and fuel your addiction. But hey I enjoy our battles.. its fun having unlimited money to blow on whatever.. theres no real way to put a dent in my gold or profits.

Anyway, thanks all for taking the time to guide the troubled young Minós. Gotta head back to raiding and achievements (Auction I can explain what those things are sometime.. you'll like them as a whole new aspect to this game).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I remember, very clearly, the exact moment I decided I would never buy anything from Doodypants again... it was right after reading the above post.
Reply Quote
09/03/2012 09:35 AMPosted by Doodypants
Realise that without me you would NEVER sell you gems. The fact that you undercut by more than 1 copper shows you got alot to learn.

So his cheaper priced gems would never sell if you had not bought them out and listed for higher? And while I'm sure the number is low - there are many people like me that will not buy the cheapest item if it's been undercut by so little. Especially if it's an expensive item. I would rather support a casual who is likely just trying to get rid of the item.

But it does trouble me that your sole purpose for paying for at least two WOW accounts is to stand in front of the AH for 22 hours a day. I've come across people like you and I honostly worry about our society.. I mean when do you have time for homework? You've got to get to highschool at least before you call it quits on life. I'll just continue to drain your remote AH per day so you can't lie to your parents and say your studying.. you'll have to logon and fuel your addiction. But hey I enjoy our battles.. its fun having unlimited money to blow on whatever.. theres no real way to put a dent in my gold or profits.

I actually have 8 accounts. And you only post 500-800/day. That's only half my limit which will be expanded further come MoP. You're a terrible psychic though if you think it's my sole purpose. The whole idea of multiple accounts is that you can always sit at AH while your raiding or doing something more important.

Yes the battles are fun. Haven't had a challenge since BC - which was trying to keep prices up, rather than the opposite that I'm doing now. It's a refreshing take to say the least.

Also I'm self employed as an internet marketer/programmer - it's no trouble at all to have the game open or a couple extra browser tabs when I am working. I've got 9 feet of monitors - can't use it all for !@#$.

Anyway, thanks all for taking the time to guide the troubled young Minós. Gotta head back to raiding and achievements (Auction I can explain what those things are sometime.. you'll like them as a whole new aspect to this game).

Achievements is the number below your profile. I'm sure this is news to you but once you get over the shock - subtract yours from mine. Think about that. Maybe if you didn't sit at the AH all day you could get some more.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
lol
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
09/03/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Dform
I remember, very clearly, the exact moment I decided I would never buy anything from Doodypants again... it was right after reading the above post.

Typically I will buy from other people even if their prices are higher rather than buy from a few players. Doesn't really mean a whole lot to the seller, just a personal preference on my part.
Reply Quote
64 Blood Elf Priest
09/03/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Auction
So his cheaper priced gems would never sell if you had not bought them out and listed for higher? And while I'm sure the number is low - there are many people like me that will not buy the cheapest item if it's been undercut by so little. Especially if it's an expensive item. I would rather support a casual who is likely just trying to get rid of the item.

That's a load of crap, I was just trying to get rid of a couple the other night. All you were doing was being a !#**. But w/e, some people just can't help it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

Auction the high and mighty.. he won't sell because you and I and many others will undercut him before he walks away from the AH. Your nonsense about buying from a casual.. son you are working harder than the rest of us combined to dominate the AH. Deekin's post tells all.. you have no life and you're worse than me.. and undercutting by 1 silver is seriously no better than undercutting by 1 copper. Hypocrite..

I actually have 8 accounts. And you only post 500-800/day. That's only half my limit which will be expanded further come MoP. You're a terrible psychic though if you think it's my sole purpose. The whole idea of multiple accounts is that you can always sit at AH while your raiding or doing something more important.

You can't bullsh1t people all your life, we're not blind.. 8 accounts open at once = mommy and daddy are setting you up for failure. Because I see you undercut me all day long I know for a fact this is all you do. It kinda hurts my stomach realizing someone does that with all their time.

Also I'm self employed as an internet marketer/programmer - it's no trouble at all to have the game open or a couple extra browser tabs when I am working. I've got 9 feet of monitors - can't use it all for !@#$.

Is that what you tell yourself? "I own my own business.. im the CEO.. bla bla. Mommy and daddy must be so proud.

Achievements is the number below your profile. I'm sure this is news to you but once you get over the shock - subtract yours from mine. Think about that. Maybe if you didn't sit at the AH all day you could get some more.

I havent played WOW for the past decade like you.. your lvl 25 garbage account didn't earn those achievements, you either earned them a long time ago or most likely bought an account with parent's money and now share all it's achievements via the latest patch.. I earned ALL of mine within a few months WHILE making money in the AH. You, currently, are stinking up the VoS AH. Yes, we smell it.

And I know you're a problem because before I even knew you existed you had me on /ignore. You came here to cause trouble.. and if I backed out of the AH people would see that. Only difference is their gems would expire if I didn't buy them, while you would just make sure they expired. Ya.. keep it up high and mighty Auction(s). You're the only player who won't need to buy the MoP expansion because you world exists withing the AH. Pretty smart.
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Deekin

That's a load of crap, I was just trying to get rid of a couple the other night. All you were doing was being a !#**. But w/e, some people just can't help it.

I'm not sure where your disagreement is, or if you even know. Is it that you think his cheaper gems wouldn't sell if doodyface hadn't bought them? Or that there are no people like me who would buy the next highest item if it's been undercut by only 1%? When I said I would support a casual, I only meant that when I'm buying something - not when I'm selling. Helping competition isn't the smartest idea.

If you're still full of rage from being undercut then maybe a less competitive market is a better choice for you. If you want to keep up with the red stat cut market then you will need to do what me and doody have done - invest gold and time in building stock and camping the AH.

tl;dr HATERS GONNA HATE
Reply Quote
09/04/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Doodypants
Deekin's post tells all.. you have no life and you're worse than me..

Hi, did you read the title of this thread? Just curious.

Well I'm not even sure what gems Minós was selling or for what price but I assume the whole idea of him selling gems for so cheap was that he won't be undercut except by someone also just wanting to get rid of whatever they had.

You neglected to mention how I undercut you by 120-150g+ the second you buy everyone out and try to sell cut for 3 times the price of uncut. I don't manipulate supply for profit - I wait until demand naturally rises and then I supply it. It is a waiting game that is far less detrimental to other sellers.

I have been mostly inactive on the AH until you showed up. And until you stop with the control tactics I will be there to counter. You only care about profit which is typical for someone new to controlling the AH. Once you get past that step you will see the ramifications of bad reputation and the hindrance you put on players and guilds trying to gear themselves to progress through content on a server that's already worse than bad.

As far as my time spent; it is much less than you think. It's part of the benefits of being a programmer - I parse AH data to check if I've been undercut. Very rarely am I actually using in game or remote AH to check for undercuts. I get texts whenever I'm undercut, specifically by you. Only friends and anyone else I'm neutral with are on a whitelist as long as their price is below the upper threshold. That way I'm not bombarded with texts all day.

Also if you see me undercutting you all day long then that means you are also spending all day long. More as it seems because you are manually checking for undercuts. This is my goal - that I efficiently waste your time until you give up. All the while you are wasting your time camping the AH I'm usually busy at work. You'll notice that I usually wait 0-15 minutes after you undercut me so that I can get work done while you are waiting around to see if I'm going to undercut you again.

And for anyone wondering about how I get the AH data(read: before you QQ about hax) it's from the community API. You can get server AH data with a JSON request and parse it using server side (PHP/ASP) or compiled (C/C++) applications.

09/04/2012 09:28 PMPosted by Doodypants
And I know you're a problem because before I even knew you existed you had me on /ignore. You came here to cause trouble.. and if I backed out of the AH people would see that. Only difference is their gems would expire if I didn't buy them, while you would just make sure they expired. Ya.. keep it up high and mighty Auction(s). You're the only player who won't need to buy the MoP expansion because you world exists withing the AH. Pretty smart.

Yes I now remember ignoring your DK because you were trolling in trade far before I saw you in AH. From a fellow troll, you sir, are bad. I have 6 people on my ignore list - you make up two of those. You are right though - I have come for trouble and until you back out there will be trouble.

Your incoherent logic, rampant assumptions of my lifestyle and elitist mentality lead me to worry about the impact people like you have on our society.

09/04/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Auction
tl;dr HATERS GONNA HATE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Auction, You are a WOW stalker. In real life you would be arrested, doing what your doing. If I want to sell or buy something thats my business. Back off Doodypants. You are doing the same thing and are a hipocryte. I think ill buy from Doodypants now cause you are flaming psycho.
Reply Quote
YEA, LEAVE DOODYPANTS ALONE! HE IS ONLY A HUMAN! HE HAS FEELINGS LIKE THE REST OF US! YET YOU ARE ABUSING HIM LIKE A CERTAIN UNCLE! LEAVE HIM ALONE HIPO!
Reply Quote
OH HAYEE XARG. HI. Srsly now, you could pass for being Butters. I actually had to check achievements to see if you were him. I thought I knew somone famous for a moment.
09/06/2012 04:00 PMPosted by Elfspriestly
Auction, You are a WOW stalker. In real life you would be arrested, doing what your doing. If I want to sell or buy something thats my business. Back off Doodypants. You are doing the same thing and are a hipocryte. I think ill buy from Doodypants now cause you are flaming psycho.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you didn't read anything but the title of this thread.

I could care less if you buy from me and thats the whole point - that you have a choice. That's what a free market is. But when somone like doodyface is buying everyone out and forcing his prices - that's a monopoly.

The level of stalking that doody had been doing to me resulted in him buying out roughly 30k worth of my gems because he thought he could empty my supply to further his own agenda of forcing prices.

I may be controlling the market by constant undercutting but I am not resetting the prices to 300 gold. You do realize it costs at or under 10 gold to make an inferno ruby right? The price of a cut gem is based mostly by the uncut gem (<10g) and the value placed on the time it takes to get that recipe. For an obscure offstat cut that is in low demand - absolutely, list it for an obscene amount. But for the 3 primary stats that everyone gets first because everyone needs it the most - that's just psychotic.

On Alliance the gems are always 60-100 gold because there are enough suppliers that a single person like doodyhead could not afford to stalk everyone into submission. It's much easier to take advantage of Horde because we are so underpopulated that there are not enough Jewelcrafters with the supply, gold or time to deal with him buying out/undercutting 16+ hours a day.

I choose to call him a stalker by your definition - but perhaps you would like to rethink if that's correct. Here's some examples to help you.

Theres two gas stations down the street from me. I know the owner of the one I go to, great guy for a terrorist. He literally uses binoculars to check when the manager of the other gas station leaves for the morning. He then goes and undercuts their price. Is that stalking?

Every client I have as an internet marketer pays me to keep tabs on their competition. Most of it's general price watching and promotion analysis but there is rivalry between some companies. I build programs to check their competitors pricing, alerting them whenever they are no longer the cheapest price and they can then react accordingly. Are you saying this is stalking too?

Watching competitors is a requirement for being successful, and it will get personal. In this case, doodyface made it personal by trying to tell me how to undercut him and what price to sell for so that he would be satisfied. This is when his mage made it to my ignore list.

Being as that you're in the same guild I can see why you would want to stick up for him. Or if you do know him personally then maybe he is projecting a facade to blend in, I read thats what many narcissistic individuals do.

It's amazing though, with the amount of gold and gems he has - that you said you would buy from him. I would give them away for free to guild members. This narcissism that is flooding the gaming community is only getting worse. Why y'all gotta be liek that?

PS: HI XARG
PPS: KEEP HATIN HATERS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]