Cross realm zones and VeCo's WPvP spirit

51 Worgen Warrior
Is anyone else excited about wpvp in MoP with the introduction of cross realm zones?

This also brings many new possibilities because since VeCo is RP-PvP we will be merged with other RP-PvP realms which include:

Emerald Dream
Lightninghoof
Maelstrom
Ravenholdt
Twisting Nether

Does anyone else know a little bit about these other realms (besides ED because we all know about ED)

I just wanted to say it's going to be pretty exciting, and I think it will reignite that "VeCo is for FITE!" attitude that made the server so great.
Edited by Zatox on 8/24/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah it's gonna be great.

http://www.realmhistory.net/battlegroups/nightfall/24.html for realms in our battlegroup.

> Aerie Peak
> Altar of Storms
> Alterac Mountains
> Anvilmar
> Arygos
> Blackwing Lair
> Deathwing
> Demon Soul
> Doomhammer
> Gnomeregan
> Icecrown
> Jaedenar
> Kel'Thuzad
> Lethon
> Onyxia
> Sentinels
> Tanaris
> The Venture Co
> Uldaman
> Undermine
Edited by Krizul on 8/24/2012 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Krizul, it will not be based on battlegroup. We will be merged with RP-PvP realms only.

Yeah, I am excited. I am still not sure how it will exactly work, but I guess we'll find out next week. I am hoping that we will all rally together to rep Veco proudly.
Reply Quote
51 Worgen Warrior
Here's to hoping there won't be much server bashing and more "hey we're all alliance lets go kick some horde !@#"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This is is actually one of the few things in MoP that is making me cringe.... Not looking forward to it at all to be completely honest. More trolls for the RPers, more gankers for the levelers. RP guilds who claim zones are going to have issues with Zones being claimed already in other servers and having to come up with stories for their sudden appearance and disappearance.

I'm on VeCo for the environment... The flavor if you will. And each Realm has their own flavor.

It's like Mac and Cheese and Applesauce. Both are good, I like them in their own ways... But I wouldn't mix them together cause that would just taste horrid.

And Charax... With people like you around, VeCo's going to look like a very sad place.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

And Charax... With people like you around, VeCo's going to look like a very sad place.

Oh look everyone. It's Aiera, guild leader of the Knights of Dusk, spreading her poison under her alt.

Show some class for once. It will be nice seeing an off-server guild, like Devilclaw Renegades, repping that zone with integrity.

I am actually sad that Knights of Dusk was driven into the ground as I was a huge fan of the previous leadership and members.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Why don't you two chill the hell out. Get over your personal bull!@#$ and learn to get along cause I'm sick and tired of this.

Charax, just cause you don't like Aiera, don't be an %^- and call out the entire guild. She's the one with the personal vedetta against you, not the guild. We still fight with honor and integrity.

Now that that bull is outta the way.

I've been in games with crossrealm zones. It it is a PvP or PvE game it works... okay. The economy is going to hurt, its going to take forever to get anything done, and you can/will be disconnected constantly as the zones flux with the "person cap". If you can get past all of that, its playable.

The aspect that hurts is RP for many of the reasons Aiera stated above. Even THAT can be looked past as long as people are willing to work together. However the more people you have, the less likely that is.

Remember, there are reasons why people have left VeCo for ED, left ED for VeCo, etc.

Do I see this failing? Yea. Is this, more than anything probably going to be why I quit? Oh yea.

Am I going to bite the bullet and try and make it work? You're damn straight.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
This is is actually one of the few things in MoP that is making me cringe.... Not looking forward to it at all to be completely honest. More trolls for the RPers, more gankers for the levelers. RP guilds who claim zones are going to have issues with Zones being claimed already in other servers and having to come up with stories for their sudden appearance and disappearance.

I'm on VeCo for the environment... The flavor if you will. And each Realm has their own flavor.

It's like Mac and Cheese and Applesauce. Both are good, I like them in their own ways... But I wouldn't mix them together cause that would just taste horrid.

I agree with your concerns but I guess I'll wait to judge it once I've seen this new system in practice. When they tore down the faction walls on pvp servers I thought that would ruin the game, but it turned out ok with only a small compromise in the faction pride I held so dear. Now I'm concerned about this new business diluting what's left of our server identity, but we'll see. I'll keep an open mind.

The only thing I didn't understand in your post was the dig on Charax which seemed out of place. I've followed these boards for years and what he's building now looks like a bright spot on the current landscape. It helped inspire me to come back and see what the Horde plans to do about this emerging dominance of VeCo Alliance in wpvp.

Beyond the fact that he has a tendency to drop nukes on people at the slightest provocation, he seems like a sharp fellow, strong leader, and a server patriot. VeCo could use a few more like that on each faction imo. So I say focus on the good and don't provoke him : P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Why don't you two chill the hell out. Get over your personal bull!@#$ and learn to get along cause I'm sick and tired of this.

Charax, just cause you don't like Aiera, don't be an %^- and call out the entire guild. She's the one with the personal vedetta against you, not the guild. We still fight with honor and integrity.

I didn't even realize I had an issue with Aiera until SEVERAL people are coming back to me saying she is throwing around a bunch of garbage about me. I did chat with her about it, and decided afterwards to completely wash my hands with any involvement with her or her guild. I even deleted my forum post when I first highlighted her backstabbing comments.

And here she comes at me again with her trash, being gutless by posting it on an alt?

Put a muzzle on her, for God's sakes, and tell her to move on. I am really sad that a Veco RP-PvP institutional guild is under her control.
Reply Quote
Orc like idea.. more bodies to.. rifle.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
I didn't even realize I had an issue with Aiera until SEVERAL people are coming back to me saying she is throwing around a bunch of garbage about me. I did chat with her about it, and decided afterwards to completely wash my hands with any involvement with her or her guild. I even deleted my forum post when I first highlighted her backstabbing comments.

And here she comes at me again with her trash, being gutless by posting it on an alt?

Put a muzzle on her, for God's sakes, and tell her to move on. I am really sad that a Veco RP-PvP institutional guild is under her control.

You're derailing the thread and making more inflammatory posts the more you get into it. While what Aiera added was unnecessary, responding to it in (especially in that manner) is also unnecessary. I understand you don't like it - neither do I, I don't want any conflicts - but you're making things worse for yourself if you don't keep a calm demeanor. I want this argument to drop in this thread and for everything to get back on topic. You don't need to respond to this and I rather you didn't so we can all carry on and not continue it here.

As usual, I'm still neutral about this service until I see it put into action for a while. Then, I can judge. I like WPvP and I like a little open world RP but it will become a great concern if those things meddle together and ruin my experience. On the plus side, meeting some new people will be interesting. With battle-tags being included for WoW with the new patch, I can foresee some interesting cross-realm alliances and friends being formed without the need of giving away personal information. If I can make great use of that, I could forgive (but not forget) the blunders that it can start. In 2 days, we'll get our first taste.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/26/2012 02:57 PMPosted by Zegram
While what Aiera added was unnecessary, responding to it in (especially in that manner) is also unnecessary.

If someone pushes, I push back harder.

Tip: Don't push.

Resume thread. Subject is dropped.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I'm of two minds about the whole thing.

I love pvp, don't get me wrong. However, griefers make me see red, and I see a lot more avenues for griefers to get their rocks off than anything else.

I remember, back in the day, we'd have a massive world pvp battle, then get on ICC or cross-faction communication service available and swap stories about kills and how ppl escaped and how others chased someone ( >.> ) over hill and dale....and it was fun. Sometimes even on the forums, I recall the first big Halaa Battle Aragio and I assembled...the thread for that ended up something like 10 pages long. Ppl were posting as they crashed out (that was a few pages of itself) and we alternately cussed - then laughed as it happened to most of us, and just how many ppl we'd assembled to achieve such a feat!

It helped build our community.

And I just don't see the possability of that happening here. =/
Edited by Istas on 9/5/2012 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Personally I am looking forward to cross realm zones for the reason a lot of you seem to not be. More red to be dead, I see a horde as a horde regardless of level, horde are my enemy, my goal is to be as destructive as possible towards them, and often times that includes camping, ganking, spitting, letting mobs get the killing blow for equipment damage etc. whatever causes the most anger and tension. And I expect any Horde player to try and give any alliance members that same treatment. This isnt a carebear server, honor and structure arent for fighting, it is a nicety you dont give your enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
can we all agree emerald dream is kill on sight
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/25/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Jàxon
Mac and Cheese and Applesauce.

kinda sounds good
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Hmm.. it's not implemented yet.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Oh no, we better lay low then.

Aovi tries to hide his grin, but is unsuccessful, pats the worgen cub on the head and goes about his business.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]